ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Sanguinetti

I thought we had at 2 left?
I actually think/thought 3 left. It was 5 (I thought) going into today, and we've inked 2, leaving 3.

I see that many of the "hope fors" went the other direction. Believe our Indy man from BD Jones signs tonight at 6pm? I have no insights there but would be awesome if he ends the day on a high note.

Then like a few others, think having 2-3 open still would be a good thing for possible grad transfers. 2-3 signees like that would not be forsaking the future for now, but rather allow hoefully more RS opportunities to some on the fence that would actually boost the future depth if 2-3 grad transfers could come in and be in the 2-deep and contribute. TBD, I have faith in the staff and the plan, and fingers crossed for any remaining signees.

Whoa! Huge get!

I wonder if his 4.85 40 "confirmed" on 247 is accurate.

I read through a very lengthy 'debate' on his merits on a Miami board.

Apparently the 4.85 was timed at a recruiting camp....his vertical was mediocre as well. They also listed him as 5' 11.5" tall. Other places listed him anywhere between 6'0" & 6'2".

On the other hand, he was very productive playing on a high level team in Southern Florida. I saw his HS JR highlights. He played WR & safety. He appeared very productive at both positions.

Rivals listed him at CB, 247 at Safety. Quite a few of Miami's posters saw him as a ball-hawking safety....a little slow for CB. On tape, he did show good instincts/ball skills, and he's shifty on returns. He did look to me to be 6'1" or so....did look rangy, imo. I didn't see bone-jarring tackles. IMO, he looked/plays a lot like Crawford.

Edit---Rivals had him ranked as the #60 player in Florida, 247 as #63. Rivals has him as #60 CB nationally, 247 as #47 safety nationally.

There is a 25 per year limit but Purdue got around it by moving 2 to next year.

I'm unclear why people are so concerned about using every last schollie. Are they limited in number by class? Can you not bank them and use them the following year?

Reactions: UncleMark
I read through a very lengthy 'debate' on his merits on a Miami board.

Apparently the 4.85 was timed at a recruiting camp....his vertical was mediocre as well. They also listed him as 5' 11.5" tall. Other places listed him anywhere between 6'0" & 6'2".

On the other hand, he was very productive playing on a high level team in Southern Florida. I saw his HS JR highlights. He played WR & safety. He appeared very productive at both positions.

Rivals listed him at CB, 247 at Safety. Quite a few of Miami's posters saw him as a ball-hawking safety....a little slow for CB. On tape, he did show good instincts/ball skills, and he's shifty on returns. He did look to me to be 6'1" or so....did look rangy, imo. I didn't see bone-jarring tackles. IMO, he looked/plays a lot like Crawford.

Edit---Rivals had him ranked as the #60 player in Florida, 247 as #63. Rivals has him as #60 CB nationally, 247 as #47 safety nationally.
He had an off year they said due to not playing in 4 games and a basketball shoulder injury from the year before. Not to mention they blew out every team they played. Going into the year he had offers from Auburn, Florida, Michigan, Miami, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ole Miss and Stanford. Last year he was a 5 star guy. We stole one here.

I'm unclear why people are so concerned about using every last schollie. Are they limited in number by class? Can you not bank them and use them the following year?
Schools are limited to 25 each year which gives them 100 over 4 years even though they are limited to 85.

Reactions: UncleMark
It seems to me teams that are working to build a winning culture and finally “finish” by reaching a bowl game or 2, probably ought not “wait for next year” too many times.

Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
IU's 2019 class stands (per Rivals) at #37 nationally, just a few notches behind Michigan State and ahead (ahead) of Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern, Rutgers, Maryland and Illinois. And that doesn't factor in our 4-star QB transfer, Jack Tuttle. Kudos to Coach Allen and his staff on a fantastic job! Can't wait for August 31.

Schools are limited to 25 each year which gives them 100 over 4 years even though they are limited to 85.

Schools are limited to 25 in a year, but the B1G can count 3 early enrollees to the previous class by rule, so technically, you could have up to 28 in a class. With our numbers this year though, we were at a hard 25.

Reactions: 76-1
Schools are limited to 25 in a year, but the B1G can count 3 early enrollees to the previous class by rule, so technically, you could have up to 28 in a class. With our numbers this year though, we were at a hard 25.
I also think that if we only take 22 this year we can add those three to next year to make that class 28.

which is why I hope the staff seriously considers grad transfers this time around

I also think that if we only take 22 this year we can add those three to next year to make that class 28.
but that only works if (at least) 3 of those 28 are early (Jan. 2020) enrollees who can be "counted backwards" towards this year's class--that's pretty hard to predict when it's still early February, 2019.

Reactions: IUCX9
but that only works if (at least) 3 of those 28 are early (Jan. 2020) enrollees who can be "counted backwards" towards this year's class--that's pretty hard to predict when it's still early February, 2019.
Good point. But then you won’t really have to figure it out until you are deciding how many you can sign next year so you would have plenty of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT