ADVERTISEMENT

Joe's potential drug cocktail

I think you are right, but for the wrong reason. Anyone else would have made sure everything was returned long before the final raid (and even that didn't get all of the documents). That link shows 4 months later documents were being found by his lawyers.

If all the documents had been returned when his lawyer sent the letter saying they had searched and all documents were returned, we'll never know what would have happened. But I don't think they would have charged him. But I also know I have no way of proving that.
Fair argument. I don’t think it mattered what he did.

Perhaps both would fail one? In any event, until Trump started to bring up excuses for why he may not out debate Biden this never was an issue but, I suppose if Biden bests Trump in the debate and then fails a cognitive test what will that prove?
Trump finally realized that all his nonstop claims that Biden is mentally incompetent were backfiring on him, by lowering expectations of Biden's ability. Trump's claims were setting the stage for Biden to greatly exceed the low standard that Trump and other critics had created for Biden.

So Trump has not been talking about Biden's mental health this week, hoping everyone will forget what he said about Biden. I think there's a good chance that both Trump and Biden will look like crap in the debate.

Reactions: Bill4411
Different prosecutors, different crimes.

Biden has had his stuttering problem, that created in him a slower speaking style than Trump has. I think that plays into the seeming disparity. Trump talks fast, like most New Yorkers. But he fills in with anything until he recalls where he was trying to go, if he does recall. That makes it seem less noticeable. One can find interviews of him from 1980, he has completely changed how he communicates.

Mind you, I am not saying that to defend Biden. Biden also is not the same as 1980.

On trials, I agree the NY case should never have happened. But the documents case is different and involves national security. I frankly don't care if a court finds Trump guilty and sends him to bed without supper as punishment as long as it is clear the next person will be tarred and feathered. We cannot let this become SOP.

Yes, the same holds true for Biden and his documents.

The biggest catch of all, DOJ has said for 50 years a sitting president cannot be indicted. So even if we wanted to go after Biden for his documents, or anything else, that stupid rule gets in the way. Because the DoJ is beholden to the president, we will never see it changed. That is a problem.
I hate that rule.

If the rule protecting the President is because the government supposedly can't function if the President is distracted by prosecution, isn't that also true about the government's ability to function without a Speaker of the House, Chief Justice, Senate Majority Leader or President of the Senate?

I think you are right, but for the wrong reason. Anyone else would have made sure everything was returned long before the final raid (and even that didn't get all of the documents). That link shows 4 months later documents were being found by his lawyers.

If all the documents had been returned when his lawyer sent the letter saying they had searched and all documents were returned, we'll never know what would have happened. But I don't think they would have charged him. But I also know I have no way of proving that.
Another factor surely must be the inexcusably careless way Trump stored those documents he wasn't supposed to have.

Trump stored the documents outside their labeled folders, in a bathroom where the boxes tipped over and spilled onto the floor, on the stage of a ballroom where unknown people attended other events and in unlocked closets in unsecured parts of Mar-A-Lago.

Even though Trump claimed a right to have them as a former President, he wasn't protecting them with the care and diligence that a President should use.

Reactions: Bill4411
How can the American public see it without the whole world also seeing it?
Who gives a shit if the rest of the world sees it? You think they shouldn’t see it because he’s unfit but we shouldn’t before casting a vote? Are you suggesting it’s ok to put him in office in spite of this but we just don’t want the rest of the world to know?

Have tried pot. Does nothing for me.
You weren't doing it right. lol

I'm glad the stuff that's out there today wasn't there when I did it. The stuff today is 10X more powerful and psychotic episodes from it are real.

More gaslighting. What Trump actually does, accuse others of doing. Trump has allegedly had an adderall addiction since Apprentice days.
Oh sure. That's why he wants a drug test before the debate.

You still listening to that liar about the Apprentice?

Pick whomever you want. Just don't pretend one is somehow brilliant while the other is demented. That clearly ain't the case.
No one said Trump is brilliant, but he makes his mistakes while giving long speeches without notes or teleprompter.

Biden gets distracted while taking pictures.

There is a huge difference between the two and any attempt to equate them is just not being honest. DIsliking Trump does not mean he's on Biden's mental level.

Reactions: jet812 and stollcpa
No one said Trump is brilliant, but he makes his mistakes while giving long speeches without notes or teleprompter.

Biden gets distracted while taking pictures.

There is a huge difference between the two and any attempt to equate them is just not being honest. DIsliking Trump does not mean he's on Biden's mental level.

Recall the sentence diagrams we did about age 7. Try it with this one:

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible."

No clear mind comes up with that.

There is a difference, one DANC will yell at me for. A lot of people have taken documents they shouldn't have. The ones that tell the government they have them and return them are rarely prosecuted. The ones that are found out about and attempt to obfuscate are usually taken to court. The Christian Science Monitor lists some examples of people, here is one from Alberto Gonzalez who was AG for Bush 43:

An Inspector General report found that he had mishandled U.S. classified information. But DOJ did not move to indict him, citing as one reason the fact that there was no evidence he lied about the situation or tried to hide it from federal agents.​
Notice no one is going after Pence, who isn't exactly beloved by Democrats. There isn't evidence he mislead. And there isn't evidence it was intentional (Sandy Berger was charged because he went to great effort to take the documents).

Aloha will gladly state that they all should be charged, and he might be right. But I also get the government wanting people who accidentally takes documents to return them. If they are going to go to jail, the desire to cover up the crime instead of coming forward goes way up.
I won't yell at you anymore. You're actually somewhat sane, although wrong about this. ;)

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Recall the sentence diagrams we did about age 7. Try it with this one:

"Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you're a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible."

No clear mind comes up with that.
Do you have video of him actually giving this speech? He goes on a tangent many times. It doesn't mean he doesn't make sense. When I read that, it's conversational English - it's not a term paper.

You do know the FBI found other docs Biden had after they turned in the original batch, right?

The FBI had to go find them - they weren't all turned in at first.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
If Biden called his bluff he would back out. This is all theater.
Oh, you mean like how Trump called Biden's bluff about the debates - agreeing to everything Joe wanted? Including being on CNN?

So why doesn't Joe call his bluff? You know why.

Reactions: 76-1
There is a difference, one DANC will yell at me for. A lot of people have taken documents they shouldn't have. The ones that tell the government they have them and return them are rarely prosecuted. The ones that are found out about and attempt to obfuscate are usually taken to court. The Christian Science Monitor lists some examples of people, here is one from Alberto Gonzalez who was AG for Bush 43:

An Inspector General report found that he had mishandled U.S. classified information. But DOJ did not move to indict him, citing as one reason the fact that there was no evidence he lied about the situation or tried to hide it from federal agents.​
Notice no one is going after Pence, who isn't exactly beloved by Democrats. There isn't evidence he mislead. And there isn't evidence it was intentional (Sandy Berger was charged because he went to great effort to take the documents).

Aloha will gladly state that they all should be charged, and he might be right. But I also get the government wanting people who accidentally takes documents to return them. If they are going to go to jail, the desire to cover up the crime instead of coming forward goes way up.
So Obama accidently took over 30,000 documents?

Reactions: ulrey
No, he didn't. That really is fake news.
I can't say it's not,since I can't remember where I saw or heard it. But I did hear it. Clinton too. In fact,almost every President....EVER!. I know...shocker,that they only go after the one guy who they have been going after since 2015.

Last edited:
Reactions: ulrey and DANC
So Obama accidently took over 30,000 documents?
He accidentally took documents in that the National Archives has possession of them in Chicago.

But yes, it turns out Obama was found with documents. Well, document. And it was not classified.

Another factor surely must be the inexcusably careless way Trump stored those documents he wasn't supposed to have.

Trump stored the documents outside their labeled folders, in a bathroom where the boxes tipped over and spilled onto the floor, on the stage of a ballroom where unknown people attended other events and in unlocked closets in unsecured parts of Mar-A-Lago.

Even though Trump claimed a right to have them as a former President, he wasn't protecting them with the care and diligence that a President should use.

I thought he said they were planted there by the Feds?

One thing is clear he is not dropping out. So will not let him. Obama woud have to go through her.

Jill Biden enthusiastically supports Joe after debate: 'You did such a great job'​

Gabe Hauari
USA TODAY

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT