ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Clarkson

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
@Marvin the Martian said he’s too old and too fat to get into cars he likes and has no interest in getting into those he doesn’t. So sept 13 is the last grand tour. Sounds like it’s going to be a good. The end of another era

Reactions: larsIU
@Marvin the Martian said he’s too old and too fat to get into cars he likes and has no interest in getting into those he doesn’t. So sept 13 is the last grand tour. Sounds like it’s going to be a good. The end of another era

They say it isn't an exciting episode, more of a good bye. Hammond has spilled that there will be 3 new people taking over. He wouldn't say who, he may not know. I just know I enjoyed filming the first episode, I mean, I have no idea who either.

They say it isn't an exciting episode, more of a good bye. Hammond has spilled that there will be 3 new people taking over. He wouldn't say who, he may not know. I just know I enjoyed filming the first episode, I mean, I have no idea who either.
i don't have any interest in a new version. i didn't care for the american version. those three made the show. hopefully more clarkson's farm

Reactions: larsIU
They had a smoking hot Cameron Diaz for celebrities in cars. The group ruthlessly panned Pr-eye-esses. Jeremy asked Diaz what she drives and she says a Prius. He stoned faced says, “That’s a brilliant car”. Comedic genius.

@mcmurtry66 have you watched Grand Tour? They suddenly looked extra old. It is like most finales, more sentimental than funny. But it isn't terrible. Like like Groucho, Chico, Harpo and Larry, Curly, and Moe, a great comedic trio is gone.

@mcmurtry66 have you watched Grand Tour? They suddenly looked extra old. It is like most finales, more sentimental than funny. But it isn't terrible. Like like Groucho, Chico, Harpo and Larry, Curly, and Moe, a great comedic trio is gone.
wow marv. i just picked up my daughter and her friends from the mall and they're sleeping over. i'm bored and was literally just thinking i'm going to watch that. after your post here now i'm not. i have a weird thing about endings. things ending. i don't like it. bothers me. i'm going to skip it. and indeed the end of a great comedic trio. i guess an argument can be made that it's amongst the greatest shows of all time. however you characterize it. how many years....

interesting you say extra old. they really aren't. hammond is 54 and may 61

wow marv. i just picked up my daughter and her friends from the mall and they're sleeping over. i'm bored and was literally just thinking i'm going to watch that. after your post here now i'm not. i have a weird thing about endings. things ending. i don't like it. bothers me. i'm going to skip it. and indeed the end of a great comedic trio. i guess an argument can be made that it's amongst the greatest shows of all time. however you characterize it. how many years....

interesting you say extra old. they really aren't. hammond is 54 and may 61
You need to see it. How many series finales are great? (1, Newhart). It isn't terrible (Seinfeld, several others). As always the cinematography is incredible.

You need to see it. How many series finales are great? (1, Newhart). It isn't terrible (Seinfeld, several others). As always the cinematography is incredible.
it's really not about hte quality it's about things coming to an end that i don't like. but i will. that's one of the many things that was so novel - the backdrop/landscape. it really was just a wonderful show with cinematography and cars and quirky characters and humor. i will miss it greatly. it was a staple in the background at work etc. no reservations with anthony bourdain was another one. he too had that IT quality, along with the incredible settings, and food etc.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Spoiler on ending below

Various problems had the end of their Zimbabwe crossing at a Botswana border post very near the salt pan of the original Top Gear Botswana Special, so they go there to end it. The scenes of them driving across the salt, having taken their doors off like the first time, were really neat. It looked like they were having fun again.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Spoiler on ending below

Various problems had the end of their Zimbabwe crossing at a Botswana border post very near the salt pan of the original Top Gear Botswana Special, so they go there to end it. The scenes of them driving across the salt, having taken their doors off like the first time, were really neat. It looked like they were having fun again.
All is not lost

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT