ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Smith is a punk

I get it he’s fired up for making plays on both ends in the last minute but extremely classless and just juvenile of him to disrespect our court. Wouldn’t have happened if a few more baskets on our end would have fell.

I'm sure that was all unprovoked, and nobody on the Hoosiers did or said anything to him during the course of the game. They just wouldn't.

That's really your defense, he couldn't possibly be responsible for his actions because people provoked him? Geezus, that's f'ing sad. So much for rising above and being a bigger man. Apparently your coach is smarter and classier than you and apologized for his behavior.

Reactions: Lucy01
I'm sure that was all unprovoked, and nobody on the Hoosiers did or said anything to him during the course of the game. They just wouldn't.

It's called a competition. No IU player was doing that so lets not even begin starting that nonsense.. Handle yourself with some dignity.

That's really your defense, he couldn't possibly be responsible for his actions because people provoked him? Geezus, that's f'ing sad. So much for rising above and being a bigger man. Apparently your coach is smarter and classier than you and apologized for his behavior.
Uh, the poster you are responding to is not a Maryland fan. Most likely one of our resident trolls who trot out screen names by the shitload.

Yeah, it happened right in front of me. He began his post game by getting into an old man's face yelling "this is my f**ckin court". Four or five times. He then stood on the IU Logo taunting the fans. Turgeon was pissed. Smith was supposed to do an interview with CBS and Turgeon pulled him off the floor chewing his ass all the way off the floor.

He's a jackass.

Last edited:
Reactions: ufo33
He may b a punk but he used us all game that team is a very bad matchup for IU, though Brunk played ok it’s not really a game for him defensively. When we went to 3 guards we got back in game (Assuming Hunter is a guard)

I hope that Maryland plays in the Tournament and Smith trash talks some short-fused Kansas, Xavier, or Cincinnati players. What goes around, comes around.

Last edited:
Reactions: alishedobbs
Trash talking player.

Oh please, gimme a break, and call me when Brian Cardinal or those pricks from Iowa come back from retirement. Trash talk is part of the game, especially a close one. Big deal, it's on us that we could shut his f'n mouth on our home floor

Reactions: MG80
Oh please, gimme a break, and call me when Brian Cardinal or those pricks from Iowa come back from retirement. Trash talk is part of the game, especially a close one. Big deal, it's on us that we could shut his f'n mouth on our home floor

Trash-talking...fans? No, definitely not a part of the game.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
classless
My guess is that he took some verbal abuse throughout the game from fans and he just got a little too exuberant, like many 19 year olds do. Big deal. He was kicking our ass all game and made every big play down the stretch. He’s a great young player. We would kill for a player like him and would not say a peep if he got a little rambunctious after a hard fought game if he played for us.

What was sad was 2 games in a row, people have thrown stuff. Granted it was after the game this time and was directed at Smith, but you DO NOT THROW STUFF at players. I worked the game for CBS and our center court camera guy was hit by a water bottle and he was getting ready for the interview that didn't happen.

Reactions: tkejones
What was sad was 2 games in a row, people have thrown stuff. Granted it was after the game this time and was directed at Smith, but you DO NOT THROW STUFF at players. I worked the game for CBS and our center court camera guy was hit by a water bottle and he was getting ready for the interview that didn't happen.

Well, in that case, it's on us and I wouldn't blame him a bit. If our "fans" want to behave like that and choke up a game and take it out on opposing players that just beat you at home … what "fans"? You always have a huge advantage in the B10 at home, why take it out on the other team that overcame that as we choked it away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT