ADVERTISEMENT

IUFB even getting the business from TFM

taking shots from TFM is tough
Damnit

When another senior and I covered IU football for the IDS in the fall of 1975, the sports editor wanted us to do a column about what was wrong with IU football. The other senior and I discussed it privately and decided it would not be a good idea because we were familiar with the problem. Most of the players were big partiers and used drugs on a regular basis.

I lived in McNutt Quad all four years I was at IU and I knew most of the players because they also lived in McNutt. That said, I either saw them using drugs of various types or smelled marijuana smoke coming out of their rooms when I walked past them.

The sports editor got mad at us when we didn't do the column because he disliked Lee Corso. He was hoping a negative column would cause Corso to get fired by the university.

Several of the former IU football players still are friends of mine. I am so glad I didn't write that column.

When another senior and I covered IU football for the IDS in the fall of 1975, the sports editor wanted us to do a column about what was wrong with IU football. The other senior and I discussed it privately and decided it would not be a good idea because we were familiar with the problem. Most of the players were big partiers and used drugs on a regular basis.

I lived in McNutt Quad all four years I was at IU and I knew most of the players because they also lived in McNutt. That said, I either saw them using drugs of various types or smelled marijuana smoke coming out of their rooms when I walked past them.

The sports editor got mad at us when we didn't do the column because he disliked Lee Corso. He was hoping a negative column would cause Corso to get fired by the university.

Several of the former IU football players still are friends of mine. I am so glad I didn't write that column.
images

So you've always had your head up your ass ...

I figured as much.

PS. You realize that was 40 years ago and has NOTHING to do with this kid, right?

My point is that IU football even had drug problems in the 1970's. I don't think any of the players were dealing them, however.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT