ADVERTISEMENT

IU Women’s BB Ready to be Tested by Tennessee in Top-15 Monday Night Matchup - ESPN 2 @ 6:00 EST

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002

Starts getting real this week for IU BB.

Last edited:

Starts getting real this week for IU BB.
Bumping this to the top.

Reactions: kkott
Solid outing by IU on the road. They'd have beat them by 20+ if not for so many homer foul calls.

Beyond the the fact that it looks positively ridicuous, really like Moren not abiding the bizarre personal fashion notions obsessing players on some teams. Or maybe it's just IU's Players. Just happy I dont have to root for anyone sporting artificial facial appendages.

Solid outing by IU on the road. They'd have beat them by 20+ if not for so many homer foul calls.

Beyond the the fact that it looks positively ridicuous, really like Moren not abiding the bizarre personal fashion notions obsessing players on some teams. Or maybe it's just IU's Players. Just happy I dont have to root for anyone sporting artificial facial appendages.
Assuming that you also thought that Lingerie football, ruined the NFL as well.

• Haha
Assuming that you also thought that Lingerie football, ruined the NFL as well.
Honestly had never hard of it or even recall seeing the term, assumed when reading your post it had something to do with someone's assessment re: the emergence of dreadlocks or who knows what. Had to look it up,. Then I had to check on Google videos to be convinced it was actually real.

"Get out the way bitch", get out the way." Wow. No idea. Beyond a quasi-naked attempt to make bank, pretty sure it has nothing to do with the rest of football per se. Have no idea how I completely missed ever even hearing about it since it's apparently been around over a decade, but am not quite disoriented enough to consider having awoken in an alternate universe.

Wow. Guessing ESPN (and national media?!) decided early on to treat it like the antichrist and a taboo subect for programming/coverage. Makes my head hurt. Hey, who photoshopped a dog into this picture of my Mom? And why are her eyes green? WTF?! Oh shit...

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
That pretty much sums up your mentality: someone else should be doing something for you. Most people take the initiative as fans to search out schedules and turn on notifications if they are truly interested.

I appreciate what @rikki-tikka-tava does for free forum, whenever he can do it.

an IU fan board calling attention to this game prior the day of would have been nice.
Joyful mood today, eh? Perhaps everyone was busy looking for dirt on UCLA/USC to kill their B10 move.

Sounds like an issue for upper management - effectively doesn't exist. Waited to post until morning of game-day on purpose so folks would be less likely to forget (which turns out was just before it went up on the Preemie board), but you are most exceedingly welcome to do your own internet news search and share all things IU BB. Only 3-4 people that post such here with any or even infrequent regularity, the free board being essentially staff-less and all-volunteer.

For my part mostly content there is at long last someone resembling a judicious mod present to take out the trash and ensure some fundamental level of localized decorum and focus. Ordfan and his ilk have been excommunicated and others in need are generally given time-outs as required to ensure it remains so (mostly). It is what it is, and as a largely self-supported/sustaining creature, not a bad thing.

On a side note, no idea why the previous thread on BIG expansion was deleted but suspect it had more to do with the discussion getitng ugly or just too far distant from IU hoops to merit retention. Points for sticking to your guns, but you have to know that "in space no one can hear you scream". Rock on.

Reactions: ribbont

Agree, those enormous eyelashes are a bit extreme.

Reactions: kmathum

I was watching the game and surprised they won, because the refs were 100% homers.

Sometimes it's hard to watch women's basketball, when they don't make basic plays, but this team makes all the plays they should and many that surprise. This team (like another one I hope!) seems to have a lot of weapons and great chemistry and coaching. Women's bball seems overly dominated by the very top elite teams, but I'd say IU is in that next rung of teams and would guess they'll compete for the B10 title. Anyone with more knowledge want to provide a quick rundown of the conference on the women's side? Also, from the game comments sounds like Berger didn't play point last year (Patberg?), but is adapting well. What's our depth at PG? Team seems to have everything else!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT