ADVERTISEMENT

IU unchanged in both polls at #13 (links).

Radio Zero

All-Big Ten
Dec 9, 2019
Yoknapatawpha County
Reactions: vesuvius13
Cig is trying to change the mindset of indiana football fans and that means we have to get out of the mindset that everyone is against us. I am not mad our ranking didn’t change and I am not mad that Texas a&m jumped over us. On paper they had a much better win and as much as I love our wins we still have not played any opponent ranked in the top 25. So, someone without rose colored glasses on could argue we are lucky to even be ranked. A few weeks ago the idea of IU even being in the conversation of the playoff was laughable. Now, it is being discussed by everyone. There’s no way a 0 or 1 loss IU team is held out of the playoffs, but we have to keep winning. Two or more losses doesn’t get us there.

Officiating and rankings won’t always be the way we want them. We will get some bad/missed calls, but we will also benefit from them. We are 8-0 and have fan bases around the country hating us for our success, but at the same time wishing Cig was their coach. Keep winning and we will go up in ranking. Enjoy the ride and appreciate the spotlight we are under because we are in the midst of a season we have spent our entire lives dreaming of. Whether we were ranked 13 or 1 today the only ranking that matters is the one released after we beat Purdue.

No one above us really played bad. We need to beat MSU. At 9-0 we have to be looked at.
Anyone know about Rourkes thumb?
And we are only 20 pts removed from the top 10 (we had 952, A/M at 10 has 972).

Just keep winning and it will work itself out.

Reactions: NotThatJC
ND should be behind IU. Northern Illinois lost to Ball State and is 4-4. They have played a soft schedule too. That loss should take them outside the top 15.
They’ve got a worse loss but a better win (A&M).

If IU starts the season ranked, we’re ahead of ND right now. As it is, we started way outside, so we’re behind. No sweat. Keep winning each week and it’ll work out.

Cig is trying to change the mindset of indiana football fans and that means we have to get out of the mindset that everyone is against us. I am not mad our ranking didn’t change and I am not mad that Texas a&m jumped over us. On paper they had a much better win and as much as I love our wins we still have not played any opponent ranked in the top 25. So, someone without rose colored glasses on could argue we are lucky to even be ranked. A few weeks ago the idea of IU even being in the conversation of the playoff was laughable. Now, it is being discussed by everyone. There’s no way a 0 or 1 loss IU team is held out of the playoffs, but we have to keep winning. Two or more losses doesn’t get us there.

Officiating and rankings won’t always be the way we want them. We will get some bad/missed calls, but we will also benefit from them. We are 8-0 and have fan bases around the country hating us for our success, but at the same time wishing Cig was their coach. Keep winning and we will go up in ranking. Enjoy the ride and appreciate the spotlight we are under because we are in the midst of a season we have spent our entire lives dreaming of. Whether we were ranked 13 or 1 today the only ranking that matters is the one released after we beat Purdue.
As opined in multiple threads before, an 11-1 Indiana team can, and probably would, be left out of the CFP, assuming no weird stuff happens. I don't think the CFP humans select 4 B1G teams for the CFP field (essentially 3 of 7 At Large spots). If IU is considered 4th best in the B1G, prepare to be disappointed. With a 12-0 Indiana, OSU will be left out. If OSU had stumbled yesterday, 11-1 Indiana's chances go way up. I'm not saying an 11-1 IU wouldn't deserve a spot over ... say an 11-1 team that lost to .. say Northern Illinois ... but that's where IU sits today.

Just go 1-0 vs. MSU.

They’ve got a worse loss but a better win (A&M).

If IU starts the season ranked, we’re ahead of ND right now. As it is, we started way outside, so we’re behind. No sweat. Keep winning each week and it’ll work out.
If we can keep the coaching staff intact, and have few defections, we should be Top 25 to start next year. I do agree, we would be higher if we started Top 25 this year. This team is in great shape, well coached, very disciplined. But, we are still not seen as athletic as a Top 10 team. SVP was asked if we would beat Alabama and he said no. We are better coached than some more athletic teams with more 4 star players, but not having those players is hurting us in the eye test, for a Top 10 team.

Well said

Reactions: olympian97
No one above us really played bad. We need to beat MSU. At 9-0 we have to be looked at.
Anyone know about Rourkes thumb?
LSU was ahead us and didn’t play well, but all that meant was the team that beat them jumped us.

These are still 20 year old kids and I’m sure when Ohio State saw the score of our game with Nebraska they took them lightly and it showed.
Comparing scores usually doesn’t work out too well.
That will not be the case when we come town,the team and the fans will be out for blood,even more so than usual.
I know it sounds paranoid but don’t expect to get any favors from the officials,they know which teams butters the bread in Big 10 and it sure as Hell isn’t IU.

Reactions: 76-1 and TMFT
These are still 20 year old kids and I’m sure when Ohio State saw the score of our game with Nebraska they took them lightly and it showed.
Comparing scores usually doesn’t work out too well.
That will not be the case when we come town,the team and the fans will be out for blood,even more so than usual.
I know it sounds paranoid but don’t expect to get any favors from the officials,they know which teams butters the bread in Big 10 and it sure as Hell isn’t IU.
A caveat to that. A 3-7 IU rolling into Columbus “needs” to lose for the B1G’s interests. A 10-0 IU can win and still advance the interests.

The B1G just needs teams competing for championships, I’m not certain they care exactly who.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT