ADVERTISEMENT

IU Soccer wins Friendly tonight in Westfield, IN

IUBS86

Benchwarmer
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2001
IU Soccer beat U-Indy tonight 3 - 0 in Westfield, IN. 3,000+ fans were in attendance. IU dominated the match with their superior speed and ball skills. The speed of IU's front and back lines were fun to watch! This will be a great team by the start of the season.

Reactions: RBB89
Story came up at noon today; Little 500 weekend is tough on folks. : ) GBR!

Hoosiers Upend UIndy, 3-0, in Spring Match

WESTFIELD, Ind. – The Indiana University men's soccer team defeated University of Indianapolis, 3-0, in a spring match at Grand Park in Westfield, Ind. on Friday night.

Scoring goals for the Hoosiers in the victory were Austin Panchot, Jeremiah Gutjahr and Richard Ballard. With the win, Indiana is now 3-0 in the spring with victories over SIU-Edwardsville, Notre Dame and UIndy.

"Overall it was a good night," Indiana head coach Todd Yeagley said following the match. "We were able to see some new players and get some positional depth sorted out. It was a realy competitive game with UIndy. I'm really happy with what Rece Buckmaster has done at right back. Overall, our shape and spacing was good, but we could still be a little sharper and more dynamic."

In the first half, the Hoosier scored a pair of goals, with both Panchot and Gutjahr doing well with each of their chances.

In the second half, Ballard made a nice run in the box, withstanding some physical play on his run to net the match's third and final goal.

Indiana will conclude the spring season on April 24 when the squad will play host to the Mexico U-20 National Team at Jerry Yeagley Field at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 2 p.m. ET in Bloomington. Tickets for the match are available at IUHoosiers.com.

For all the latest on Indiana University men's soccer, be sure to follow the team on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Go Hoosiers!

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2016/4/16/mens-soccer-hoosiers-upend-uindy-3-0-in-spring-match.aspx

Indiana Soccer getting it done in the classroom.

Four IU Programs Earn NCAA APR Public Recognition

BLOOMINGTON, Ind.
– Four athletics programs from Indiana University are among an elite group of Division I sports teams earning NCAA Academic Progress Rate (APR) public recognition from the NCAA, including men's golf, men's soccer, women's tennis and volleyball.

Based on their most recent multi-year APR (through 2014-15), these teams posted multi-year APRs in the top 10 percent of all squads in each sport.

Men's golf is being recognized for the ninth consecutive year and for the 10th time in 11 years. This is the fifth consecutive recognition for women's tennis. It marks the fourth-straight recognition for men's soccer and the fifth in six years. Volleyball is being honored for the first time ever.

"Reaching our highest academic potential and earning Indiana University degrees is one of the highest priorities for IU Athletics," said IU Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Fred Glass. "I want to congratulate the students, coaches, and staff from our men's golf, men's soccer, women's tennis, and volleyball programs for receiving this prestigious recognition. These are successes of which all of Hoosier Nation should be proud."

The APR provides a real-time look at a team's academic success each semester by tracking the academic progress of each student-athlete on scholarship. The APR accounts for eligibility, retention and graduation and provides a measure of each team's academic performance.

Each year, the NCAA honors selected NCAA Division I sports teams by publicly recognizing their latest multiyear NCAA Division I Academic Progress Rate. This announcement is part of the overall Division I academic reform effort and is intended to highlight teams that demonstrate a commitment to academic progress and retention of student-athletes by achieving the top APRs within their respective sports.

Multiyear APRs for all Division I sports teams, including the teams receiving public recognition, will be announced April 20.

Go Hoosiers!

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2016/4/1...rograms-earn-ncaa-apr-public-recognition.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT