ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Purdue Prediction Thread

Bowlmania

All-American
Sep 23, 2016
It's only Tuesday but tomorrow's a travel day for many and Thursday's Thanksgiving, so let's get it started.

Indiana 21
Purdue 31

(Would love to be wrong).

Go Hoosiers!

I predict we have dumb penalties. Coaches do dumb things. Refs make dumb calls. We lose and talk about how this was a winnable game and we should have won. It's coaching. fellers. We will lose by less than a touchdown. I don't think the players will try to win one for their coach. I believe they want him gone as much as we do. The player's dads in front of us didn't feel the LEO.

28-24 in favor of the toiletmakers.

Mallory and Corso both won their last games at PU, so there's hope. Mallory beat PU 33-16 and Corso, 13-7 afterwhich both were fired. Ironically, the overly glib Corso always referred to the Bucket Game as his "job saver".
Lynch did, too??

IU 24 - PU 17

POTFB! I hope the IU administration doesn't consider this as bullying now and something no longer socially correct. Before the Wokeness Movement, it seems this was more commonly seen from both schools when the game had more of a big rivalry feel to it.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
Mallory and Corso both won their last games at PU, so there's hope. Mallory beat PU 33-16 and Corso, 13-7 afterwhich both were fired. Ironically, the overly glib Corso always referred to the Bucket Game as his "job saver".
Mal was actually fired the week before we played Purdue, not after the game.

Reactions: td75
I predict we have dumb penalties. Coaches do dumb things. Refs make dumb calls. We lose and talk about how this was a winnable game and we should have won. It's coaching. fellers. We will lose by less than a touchdown. I don't think the players will try to win one for their coach. I believe they want him gone as much as we do. The player's dads in front of us didn't feel the LEO.

The most important part in your post is the part about the players not wanting to win for their coach. If that is the case (and contrast what we have seen at UMich with players wearing free Harbough T shirts, asst coaches crying) then Allen needs to be gone immediately after the game and a new search begun.

Reactions: td75
I predict after this game, both teams seasons will be over!🥸 I dont care to make any predictions on the score being that I probably wont even watch. Too many other games are a better watch and got stuff to do with the fam for thanksgivn weekend! I probably wont even pay any more attention to IUFB until coaching/admin changes are made! Bah Humbug!

Good call! Yes, Bill Lynch won his final at Purdue, 34-31 OT and afterwards came home to be fired. Lynch has always been one of those forgotten coaches to me...he and DiNardo.
Lynch wasn’t a bad guy. He was nowhere near a BIG Ten level coach, but did his best under very difficult circumstances when Hep passed.

The fathers of players have blamed coaches since the day sports was invented,

Mal was actually fired the week before we played Purdue, not after the game.
That's an emphatic way to go about it and pretty ruthless for a coach who was so well liked they subsequently named a Bloomington street after him, E Bill Mallory Blvd. Can Tom Allen Way be far behind?

Good call! Yes, Bill Lynch won his final at Purdue, 34-31 OT and afterwards came home to be fired. Lynch has always been one of those forgotten coaches to me...he and DiNardo.
Always remember that game because after the game in the concourse of Ross Ade stadium the Hoosier fans were chanting, "WE SUCK LESS".

Wasn't Wilson also fired after a bucket win?

That's an emphatic way to go about it and pretty ruthless for a coach who was so well liked they subsequently named a Bloomington street after him, E Bill Mallory Blvd. Can Tom Allen Way be far behind?

That was a Clancy Donniger special right there. So many alums wanting the boy hero Cam Cameron that it was a done deal before the end of the season.
Donniger was one of the worst in a series of bad ADs IU had.

Reactions: kmathum
The fathers of players have blamed coaches since the day sports was invented,
I've found as kids go up in levels of competition, dads and moms (with some exceptions) are less outwardly critical of the coaching staff. When we are around player's parents, I try very hard to refrain from saying or yelling critical things.

My source is myself with my kids in high school and several family members at the collegiate level and one professional baseball pitcher. The understanding is that there is more about business and more at stake outside your control as you move up.

The most important part in your post is the part about the players not wanting to win for their coach. If that is the case (and contrast what we have seen at UMich with players wearing free Harbough T shirts, asst coaches crying) then Allen needs to be gone immediately after the game and a new search begun.
Michigan coaches crying is beyond hilarious. Freaking wussies!

One of the few I have missed since the mid eighties.

Looks like cold weather, dreary campus and bad tailgating. If you have IU plates..back your car into the spot

Field has looked a bit better this year but will continue to come apart in green painted pieces

Hopefully Rust Ade does not have and major structural malfunctions.

Fat fans will chant and rage about IU as always but for once IU is present for the chanting. Players keep your helmets on on the sidelines.

Smaller than usual IU contingent, tough to tell anymore as so much outer gear is black.

Not sure if "the best QB in the division" will play or not for them.

Should PUke win, their fans will all stream here for validation. (Prolly if they lose too, so they can sob about getting screwed)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT