ADVERTISEMENT

IU pitching among the worst in the country...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
I've all but given up on looking at the stats at bigten.org since they are always a mix of current and non-current stats per team and it's been that way at that site for quite some time. I checked some of the pitching stats out nationally to see where we stood there and it wasn't a pretty picture. One bright spot though is the staff strikeouts which ranks high with 10.7 Ks per 9 IP and ranks 23rd among 293 teams nationwide. Among the major stats elsewhere in pitching, it is brutal and these stats are current:

Team earned run avg: We rank 237th out of 293 teams with a team ERA of 6.82.

Team walks: We rank 275 out of 293 teams with an average of 6.16 walks per 9 IP.

Hit batters and they ranked them in order of worst to best: We rank 5th out of 293 teams in hitting batters with 53.

On the defensive side of the ball we rank among the worst in turning DPs at 253 out of the 293 teams. On the season, we have turned 11 DPs to our opponents 24 up to this point.

In a matter of months, we have gone from the top staff in the B1G in team ERA to the worst, and from one of the top teams in the country in pitching to one of the worst. We knew we had to replace the weekend rotation, but I didn't think that anyone expected a drop-off like this and it's been dramatic. We have a couple of starters that can have good appearances, but it really drops off from there and it seems like everyone in the bullpen is having the same control problems.

Here is the link to the NCAA stats:

Here is the link to IU's stats:

Last edited:
Thanks for the recap. I don't have the guts to click on that link.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT