ADVERTISEMENT

IU now 46th in RPI

Epictetus

Freshman
Aug 30, 2006
Only Michigan (#31) ahead of IU in Big Ten, but Maryland, Minnesota, and Nebraska just behind by a whisker. Can't afford to mess up against #106 Purdue, who have a nearly identical record.

Reactions: Heeker18
Only Michigan (#31) ahead of IU in Big Ten, but Maryland, Minnesota, and Nebraska just behind by a whisker. Can't afford to mess up against #106 Purdue, who have a nearly identical record.

Oops

Still RPI opportunities with series left with Michigan, Minnesota, And Maryland. And a midweek against UL. The SOS and RPI shouldn't be a problem at years end.
Wow, I'm surprised by that. Just think if we didn't blow only a couple of those games we let get away in the 8th (mainly game 1 at Purdue). We would be in really good shape right now.....

Still RPI opportunities with series left with Michigan, Minnesota, And Maryland. And a midweek against UL. The SOS and RPI shouldn't be a problem at years end.
Wow, I'm surprised by that. Just think if we didn't blow only a couple of those games we let get away in the 8th (mainly game 1 at Purdue). We would be in really good shape right now.....

I had an interesting discussion about IUs backend of the bull pen the other day, and a stat that was mind blowing. The 8th inning era is currently 8.00 and some change, and the 9th inning era is 9.00 and some change. It's an issue for sure, and I don't think there's a guy on staff who has the moxie (i.e. Halstead/Harrison) to be an 8th/9th inning guy. Matt Lloyd is the closest IMO.

Reactions: sdm12
As I have posted earlier, the next three conference series will make or break our season since they are against current upper echelon teams in the conference.

#31 after today's W.
After the dust settled with the west coast results in, we are #32 in the RPI rankings. Only Michigan, our opponent this weekend, has a higher ranking among B1G teams. Some items of interest are our overall SOS at 24 and our nonconference SOS at 10. Also, we are the only team in the top 40 of the RPI rankings that doesn't have at least 20 wins, although we can remedy that with a win over Butler on Weds.

Reactions: snowling
Awesome win, and start to this series! Starting to click (which always seems to happen late in the year). Would love to know if it helps our RPI more tomorrow to win or lose though.... if we sweep does that hurt them so much that we are also impacted??

Reactions: RBB89
Seems like the program is in pretty good shape to me!!! (Notice one poster has been silent after winning 3 of our last 4 to move up to 30th.)
If we won out and got to the College World Series, but lost in the final, his only response would be "Chokers...thanks Fred!" He's a troll.

Hi Boys!!

not getting too worked up over a 1 run win over some mid major, intra-state riff raff

you 2 can spank it as much as you need

Anyway, heading into the weekend, we are sitting at 28th. Maryland is the only B1G team ahead of us. Kentucky (Lexington), who is 4th, and Louisville (Bloomington), who is 5th, are still coming up on our schedule. Arizona State is 102nd.

Hi Boys!!

not getting too worked up over a 1 run win over some mid major, intra-state riff raff

you 2 can spank it as much as you need
There is a difference between getting "worked up" and saying the program is in the tanker. And I'm much happier with taking 2 of 3 from both Minnesota and Michigan, than a 1-run win over BSU. But it's still a win, and we are sitting at 28th RPI. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT