ADVERTISEMENT

IU Football is in good hands. Good hire*

Please, not Mellencamp again. He seemed out of it on Fox. It should be Cuban - big NIL supporter and he’s a Pittsburgh guy like Cignetti. Plus, he has an enthusiastic personality and would be great with the fans. Schwarber would be good, too, because he’s not that far removed from being a student here.
Mellencamp is a douchebag.

Please, not Mellencamp again. He seemed out of it on Fox. It should be Cuban - big NIL supporter and he’s a Pittsburgh guy like Cignetti. Plus, he has an enthusiastic personality and would be great with the fans. Schwarber would be good, too, because he’s not that far removed from being a student here.
cuban is much more recognizable

That would be three weeks, after WA, MSU, and the bye. Depending on the injury, he very well may have the bye week to get back into game shape.

Tayven was impressive in the second half yesterday, much better than what I saw from him last year. Good coaching and a good system that puts players in a position to succeed and plays to their strengths will do that.

Tayven finally has a good QB coach and offensive coordinator that is smart enough to play to his strengths.

We don't have Walt Bell anymore.

Have listened for Cuban for 20+ years on Dallas sports radio...and as much he fancies himself as a kinda hip guy, he always just comes off kinda uncomfortable for some reason. And this is from someone who knows what he did in the Dallas 80's scene setting up parties in Deep Ellum we would sneak in to as HS kids. TONS of 80's Dallas cocaine and boob job chicks. He was one of the ringleaders. One of the greatest scenes going in the country. His crew brought it.

He's already done Gameday (Red River Shootout one year). Bring in Schwarber.

And this is from someone who knows what he did in the Dallas 80's scene setting up parties in Deep Ellum we would sneak in to as HS kids. TONS of 80's Dallas cocaine and boob job chicks. He was one of the ringleaders. One of the greatest scenes going in the country. His crew brought it.
Confused Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

Kinda sums it up.

I was an Indiana kid that moved down there in 1984 right when the scene was starting. We were in Mesquite, about 20 min drive down to Deep Ellum. Started going to Theatre Gallery and Prophet Bar as a HS freshman because they would let us in and sell us beers. 😄 Totally different scene than NE Indy suburbs.

And the bands...dare I say, better than the Seattle scene...

• Wow
Reactions: BradStevens
Kinda sums it up.

I was an Indiana kid that moved down there in 1984 right when the scene was starting. We were in Mesquite, about 20 min drive down to Deep Ellum. Started going to Theatre Gallery and Prophet Bar as a HS freshman because they would let us in and sell us beers. 😄 Totally different scene than NE Indy suburbs.

That's awesome. Closest I can come to being anywhere near something like that was Austin in the mid 90s. But that was country stuff--and no silicone baddies.

Kinda sums it up.

Jeff Liles...one of the dudes that also was a ringleader of the scene, had this one man band, Cottonmouth, TX.

Brad - you ever see him in Austin late 90's? This video. 😄

That's awesome. Closest I can come to being anywhere near something like that was Austin in the mid 90s. But that was country stuff--and no silicone baddies.
Mid/late 80's Cuban and his crew would throw these warehouse bashes...kinda pre-raves...that everyone would go to. Would rent out these big spaces, and just throw impromptu bashes, mostly in Deep Ellum.

Deep Ellum was mostly this emerging art/live music scene, but you also had Cuban, and the Starck Club guys throwing the kinda "club" parties...more about the booze, drugs, and definitely chicks. The band places were mostly pre-goth chicks. We dug the band at the live clubs, but the warehouse parties are where as 16 and 17 year old kids, you could get into some shenanigans.

We'd make runs down to Austin in the mid to late 90's...Iron Cactus and some other 6th St spots. Cain & Ables up by campus. Rose up on the north side on occasion to see some juggs.

Those were great days we were living, bro. We were jolly green giants, walking the earth, with guns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT