ADVERTISEMENT

IU Claws its Way to 8 Seed in Latest ESPN Bracket

The tournament bracketology in yesterday’s Washington Post had is as an 8 seed in the West Region facing 9 seed San Diego State. The winner would face Gonzaga. Nice!
Almost every media outlet does some sort of bracketology. Bunch of bloggers do too.

Even I do one just for shiggles.

The point is you get different answers every time. I mentioned above my current bracket also has IND in an 8/9 game (but playing UNC [they're the 8] and potentially drawing AUB in the second round).

Not this year for UNC (at least not yet). Right now they're on my 8 line.

And while I do have DUKE on the 4 line, I have them in Buffalo instead of Greenville (AUB and LSU are higher seeds on my board and get Greenville). (Could've put them in Pittsburgh just as easily--difference is only about 40 minutes of flight time. In fact, I probably should've. :) )

ETA: Although the way the seeds shook out, UNC ended up in Greenville too (playing IND). That was more of a bracketing principle problem--my other 8s are BYU (who can't play in Greenville since that's a Friday/Sunday pod), SDST (who I needed to slot away from fellow MW foe COST) and WVU (who I needed to slot away from TTU and IAST).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT