ADVERTISEMENT

It's all on Glass and Crean.

Only after letting Crean wreck the program.
I agree that Crean's extension was a bad idea, though it was a much tougher call at the time. Hindsight is 20/20. But ultimately Glass also fired Crean and hired Archie. So if Archie is the right solution (and I believe he is) Glass fixed his mistake. Look forward, you can't change the past.

Crean and Glass had nothing to do with this game, only the situation of the program. If the players shot bad instead of literally the worst I have ever seen a team shoot (27% to be exact), we would have won. Or, if they would have called Bridges out of bounds on the steal off an Indiana rebound and Robert would have made an easy layup, we also would have won. I’m surprised that 21% isn’t the worst we shot this season. I think it’s 13% or 7%.

Great game plan Archie, good hustle players, not sure on the refs because I’m biased. I think they were bad and we were lucky that MSU sucked at free throws tonight.

Reactions: Sassy61
Carolina rebound from a Matt Doherty hire..
We will to.But folks better be patient.
I'm a firm believer its three years away.
A one year jump is possible. If that kid from Floyd County comes though.

Reactions: Sassy61 and 76-1
Two men who lack common sense in regards to basketball.

Archie will save us.

Hang in there. It’s almost over. Next year will be a lot more enjoyable when the remnants of Crean’s failures will be gone. Games like tonight get me excited for the future.

Last edited:
And who hired Archie?

Give it a rest. Glass is going to be here. A while. Beating your head against a wall would be more productive.

They had no business with a chance to win at the end of that game. The guy can coach very well, has a good staff, and Romeo can see it.

Langford is going to IU. It won't be 3 years before "we're back." Next years team won't look anything like this one......and this team is playing with passion.

Reactions: Sassy61

Archie will save us.

Perhaps the quote below summarizes how you should feel about last night, instead of this claptrap:

"..But goddamnit, those kids played their heart out. They gave everything they had! They played up to the *maximum* of their ability! They gave it everything. And you know, it wasn't good enough. It wasn't good enough for me, wasn't good enough for you, wasn't good enough for anybody!" - Coach Pete Bell, Blue Chips

Carolina rebound from a Matt Doherty hire..
We will to.But folks better be patient.
I'm a firm believer its three years away.
A one year jump is possible. If that kid from Floyd County comes though.
We heard “be patient” from the Crean cult for years. It better not take 4 years for Archie to field a competitive team competing for the Big Ten. If it does he’ll lose the fan base before then. It doesn’t matter if that’s right, but that’s the reality.

Crean should've been let go after year 7. Everyone but Fred knew he was a dead man walking which is why his last 2 recruiting classes sucked balls. When your coach is regressing you cut bait right away if you're a competent administration. See OSU and Matta. You don't allow them to fall off a cliff.

We heard “be patient” from the Crean cult for years. It better not take 4 years for Archie to field a competitive team competing for the Big Ten. If it does he’ll lose the fan base before then. It doesn’t matter if that’s right, but that’s the reality.
Hey. You should be patient.

Archie will save us.
I agree because we are competing against very good teams though we are not winning. When we get all of his players on the same page we are going to be a good team and hard to beat. Perhaps If Romeo comes next year he will be our Jimmy Chitwood who puts it all together.

Last edited:
I look at Mizzou, NC State, Washington, and Ohio State all having success while we are stuck at .500 and wondering where did it go wrong for us. Do those schools all have better rosters? Washington won 9 games last year and just knocked off Arizona!

Crean should've been let go after year 7. Everyone but Fred knew he was a dead man walking which is why his last 2 recruiting classes sucked balls. When your coach is regressing you cut bait right away if you're a competent administration. See OSU and Matta. You don't allow them to fall off a cliff.

Glass doesn’t have any balls. He is too weak to make tough decisions until his hands are forced.

I look at Mizzou, NC State, Washington, and Ohio State all having success while we are stuck at .500 and wondering where did it go wrong for us. Do those schools all have better rosters? Washington won 9 games last year and just knocked off Arizona!

In OSU's case, yes they have a better roster than us. I can't comment on the other two but IMO the biggest problem with IU is how diametrically opposed Crean and Miller are. Obviously with Crean it was go fast, don't worry about TO's and defense was all about deflections. Now a three year player like Johnson is being asked to play smart, limit TO's and play hard nosed defense. I am not sure you could have picked two coaches so far apart.

I think one could argue that the transition is taking too long but the coach can only do so much for the players, they eventually have to buy in and I have seen signs that they are but just about the time I feel that, someone jacks up a TERRIBLE shot or makes a TO that a sixth grader would not make.

With Archie the transition would have been much smoother if he was after RMK, who was much closer to his coaching philosophy than following Crean.

I say fire archie and hire brad Stevens! Has anyone thought of that? Stupid glass. I live in fishers which is two towns over from zionsville which is where Stevens is from and I heard from someone at a Noblesville lacrosse game that knows his dad and they said that he is moving back and wants the iu job when we fire archie. Take it to the bank. Oh man Purdue fans will be so jealous. And fire glass too because he didn't fire crean when I wanted him to.

This is true. Despite what Fpeaugh will say Crean would still be our coach if Fred had his way.
If that was true, and glass really had no say in firing crean, he then would have had no say in hiring the new coach. If glass had no say in hiring the new coach, Alford would be here....hence glass had a hand in firing crean.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

Looking at what the Big Ten is projected to be like next year, I think if we land Romeo that we could be in the discussion as a contender next year. I think that there are at least 2 other immediate solid contributors in that class. Green finally appears to be buying in. Morgan is going to be a load. Hopefully get a healthy Davis back...not counting on it but if things mesh right we have a chance.

If that was true, and glass really had no say in firing crean, he then would have had no say in hiring the new coach. If glass had no say in hiring the new coach, Alford would be here....hence glass had a hand in firing crean.

His hand was forced in firing Crean. If you believe otherwise you have no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT