ADVERTISEMENT

It's all happening.

20 wins doesn't mean much....

when 9 of them are against the sisters of the poor and 2 others are against Rutgers

I think an NBA coaching job would be easy to leave in his situation.

Heck after the Syracuse game dark clouds started forming over Crean. I also think that it would have been hard for Stevens to leave Butler and go directly to IU. Butler fans have thought themselves as being a superior program to IU lately and in some cases they are right. There would be some serious hard feelings headed his way if he was still there and then bolted for IU. He left for Boston when things started to go south for Crean. So he spends a few years in Boston and then you have a nice little gap between Butler and IU.

He is an Indiana native and has talked about watching IU growing up. I have trouble believing that he would pass up the chance to come back to Indiana and see what he can do with a major conference team. When he has been asked recently about IU what else is he supposed to say? How much hell would he have to listen to if he said "No comment" or "I am just here until they fire their current coach." He would be a fool to say anything other than what he has been quoted as saying. And leaving an NBA team isn't going to be nearly as hard as leaving a team full of kids you recruited and molded. NBA players don't care as long as the checks clear. He hasn't been there long enough to have developed any real roots.

Why is it so hard to believe that he would come coach at IU?

This post was edited on 2/26 2:59 PM by Triplebogey

20 wins aren't what they used to be and Glass didn't hire Crean.....

Glass is feeling the heat and I don't think he is going to go down with Crean.

If IU loses the next two, he is done. He might be done if he loses 2 of the next 3 (incl. BTT).

Not making the tourney again will do it as well.

If Glass has balls and is smart, CTC is gone unless he makes the FF.

Hmmmm, because C-$ predicted it?

That's the simple answer to your query.

Would you bet with or against C-$ on this wager?

DESTINY is a stripper's name....

If DESTINY is a stripper, I'm gonna bang the hell out of her...

Get her pregnant, and buy her a house.

Case dismissed.

This post was edited on 2/26 3:33 PM by C-$

Now that's funny...

I don't care who you are.

I like your attitude; I just don't have your optimism regarding Stevens coming to IU. Should that ever come to fruition I'll ship you a bottle of some rare-ass beer as recompense for all the shite I've given you on this over the past year.

He isn't the brightest.....

....he still thinks a 3000 year old book written by uneducated sheep herders can tell us all about our place in the universe.

Just give him a pat on the head and tell him to pick up the toys in his room......

Sean Miller said no. Mark Few said no.

Didn't Bennett also say no??? Wasn't Crean like 4th or 5th on the chart at the time?

What make IU fans think the program can get or deserves the pick of the litter?

Recent history demonstrates otherwise...that's why Crean's the coach today.

Spinning.

Circles.

All that $hit...........

Who knows what IU will find......

but if you ask me to stick with Crean or roll the dice. I'm rolling the dice, at least that brings hope.

There are plenty of coaches that could do well at IU. Recruiting is the easy part, even coaches that send letters to the wrong HS players recruited well at IU.

All you need is a competent recruiter that knows how to coach well. There are a lot of them. I can easily think of 20 coaches that would be within reach that would be a step up. There are no guarantees, but sticking with CTC means you don;t care enough to try and be good.

If you knew...

Brad Stevens would come after next year would you be happy keeping Crean as a coach for another year?

That is the question...

My thinking is that will be the case...

guessing we see Crean get another year and then the money flows to Brad to come on as the new coach. Just a feeling and those are worth crap.

Dear Lord don't do that....

We want to keep Destiny around. You go and do that, and we'll be separated in a year or two.

Admitting it is the 1st step

You've got one helluva jump on next year's award. You're a man among boys.

Hay-ell yes.

I'd probably agree to wait two years, as long as it was an iron-clad sure thing.

Moops needs to remember to go to those games

He keeps forgetting they are right up the street.

Well an hour up the street.

But still up the street.

I think my point was somewhat missed

Part of the reason that people view Brad as such a good fit is because of his personality . Part of that would include a commitment to principle, loyalty, yada yada yada.

If he's willing to give up on the Celtics this early, when he knew what he was signing up for, doesn't that fly in the face of his principles and the "Butler/Celtics/whatever Way"

Ugh, yes he did. There was a collective of posters espousing...

on the shit job the Oompa Loompa was doing; but C-$ stood alone, early and with great veracity - trumpeting the eventuality of DESTINY coming to IU.

You know it, I know it.

Give $ his props.

It still won't come to pass, but one can dream.

You want a cookie?

Very few shepherds wrote books of the Bible. We've been over this before.

Get it right. In fact Moses was not a shepherd when he wrote the first 5 books of the Bible. He was a former shepherd. I get your sanctimony. You have no need to have your sins forgiven by Jesus. You don't think you need His salvation. But to write off the Bible in such a way shows your ignorance or it shows your disdain.

It's not even his hook..

it's comes from comparing our situation with the Rebels in Star Wars.

It started with The Chosen One and moved to Destiny. Same source.

Half of the posts concern this or more were done in email and on another site.

did you even read his post in reply?

not very smart Hottie ..

why are you booing, because he's a pastor? That's silly .. stupid is as stupid posts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT