ADVERTISEMENT

ITH - IU Men’s BB to Host First Pro Day on Friday, October 7

If we've got players with the talent to play in the pros, I think it's a great thing and another selling point for recruits that have pro aspirations. Keep it up CMW!
It works for the squid,calamari And U.K. It’s also a great recruiting tool.

Last edited:
I think the main thing is having enough players with NBA talent or possibilites to get the teams to show up.
We for sure do. TJD, Malik, Tamar, JHS all almost assuredly will play in the NBA. JG, Banks, maybe even Gunn and X can be looked at as well.

Reactions: ericrossiu
We for sure do. TJD, Malik, Tamar, JHS all almost assuredly will play in the NBA. JG, Banks, maybe even Gunn and X can be looked at as well.
I agree, this roster we do; I hope we can keep that going in future years too. Heck, I could see Race having a shot at a roster if he can improve his shooting. I think X will definitely have a shot too. Although I don't think his shooting form will hold up well against NBA defenders.

I think I read (and please correct me) that all NBA teams will have a representative in attendance.
What I read is that all 30 teams were invited. Haven't seen anything saying someone will be coming from all 30 teams. I would imagine with Woody's connections, it will be well attended though.

Its a great way to promote the program. And any opportunity for our guys with pro aspirations to work out/play in front of Pro decision makers or scouts, is invaluable to them and our program.

I would think a guy like Jordan Geronimo could benefit, as much as anyone, from the combine style environment. His athleticism will obviously show, and might get him on a couple more watch lists than he would have been on without this event.

I think I read (and please correct me) that all NBA teams will have a representative in attendance.
Yes, again, I get this year. But there are many years past, that I don't think we'd have the talent to do that and I'm hoping we can keep it up going forward and it will be an annual thing! I think that would be powerful!

I think IU has two maybe three guys on this roster that will that will get a league contract at some point. Probably 6-7 that will get paid playing somewhere.

Saying those 4 will “almost assuredly” play in the league is a stretch imo.

Having Woodson will get some teams to show for a pro day.

I think IU has two maybe three guys on this roster that will that will get a league contract at some point. Probably 6-7 that will get paid playing somewhere.

Saying those 4 will “almost assuredly” play in the league is a stretch imo.

Having Woodson will get some teams to show for a pro day.
All of them could get paid playing somewhere, if they wanted to. Maybe even a walk on or two could. There are A LOT of lower level foreign leagues that will take most any decent college level American player. Most of them don't pay much beyond basic living expenses. One of my biggest regrets in life is not taking the opportunity to play for a lower level team in the UK out of college.

Living expenses paid, per diem for food, 3 round trip flights to Chicago, and roughly 200 euros a week during the season. I chose to move to Iowa City and make 30K a year... God I was dumb.

I can’t believe they’re doing this in the middle of the football season after our fb team beat two powerhouses. Always bball, bball, gd bball.

And of course the day before we beat a top 5 Michigan team at home. No one will even care about the win because they’ll still be too busy talking about “Pro Day.” I’m fed up with this malarkey.

Reactions: cosmickid and kkott
I can’t believe they’re doing this in the middle of the football season after our fb team beat two powerhouses. Always bball, bball, gd bball.

And of course the day before we beat a top 5 Michigan team at home. No one will even care about the win because they’ll still be too busy talking about “Pro Day.” I’m fed up with this malarkey.
You forgot the DWS. Duck!

Reactions: cosmickid

I’ll allow it

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
This should be after the season. Nothing but a distraction. All 19 year old basketball stars think they are "NBA talent". They don't need feedback from NBA scouts until the season is over.

This should be after the season. Nothing but a distraction. All 19 year old basketball stars think they are "NBA talent". They don't need feedback from NBA scouts until the season is over.
It is after the season. After the 21-22 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT