ADVERTISEMENT

It isn’t in NPR

for sure. trump is a pos. but i think the true danger to democracy is the erosion of a press that we can rely on so voters are able to make informed choices that aren't cultivated by the bias of certain influential actors. how you achieve that at this point i have no idea. we have posters so lost they think dei isn't in schools and soros' funding isn't real. and that doesn't even touch on the insanity of believing massive voter fraud kept trump from winning as opposed to stupidity and counting on people to show up instead of galvanizing support for mail-ins and whatever else was needed under that peculiar covid milieu
Actually, I think the true danger is thinking that we ever had an unbiased press that wasn't influenced and controlled by a set of influential actors.

Who was it that vetoed the Fairness Doctrine when a replacement for the change in FCC policy passed Congress?

Actually, I think the true danger is thinking that we ever had an unbiased press that wasn't influenced and controlled by a set of influential actors.

Who was it that vetoed the Fairness Doctrine when a replacement for the change in FCC policy passed Congress?
The medium changed so much or was changing so much (fast) the fairness doctrine would have been impracticable. As for influenced prior to I don’t know

Reactions: hoosboot

People have biases. No doubt. Can’t be otherwise.

But professionals can and do recognize that fact and put in place guardrails and systems (explicit rules or internal methods of thinking) that can neuter those biases. NPR used to be more like that. So too was the NYT. The WSJ reporting is still pretty darn objective. Judges, too, are pretty good at it, by and large, as they should be. And good teachers do a great job of hiding their biases in classrooms.

None might be perfect, but so what? Are we saying that if something isn’t perfect, it’s no better than if it’s completely ignored?

And what does this have to do with the great DGPT finish this weekend at the Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open presented by Westside Discs?
Some of us haven't even gotten through round 2. Looked windy as hell though.

I don’t disagree that Trump is an awful person and not someone you want representing America. But policy wise, he’s light years better than Grandpa Joe and his merry band of wokesters.
And yet that's the thing that Republicans can't get through their head: ANY of the other Republican candidates would have given you 90 to 95% of the same actual policies that Trump puts out there (at least the ones that had a chance of actually being implemented), and likely every one of those candidates would steamroll Joe come November.

But no, Trump has convinced them that ONLY HE can be the one to lead you to the promised land, and as a result, we are going to get four more years of Biden because of it.

And yet that's the thing that Republicans can't get through their head: ANY of the other Republican candidates would have given you 90 to 95% of the same actual policies that Trump puts out there (at least the ones that had a chance of actually being implemented), and likely every one of those candidates would steamroll Joe come November.

But no, Trump has convinced them that ONLY HE can be the one to lead you to the promised land, and as a result, we are going to get four more years of Biden because of it.
I don’t think that’s why the vast majority of people vote Trump. The winning thing is after the fact rationalization.

Reactions: UncleMark
That t shirt must look like a Mexican league jersey
Generally. But, like anything that has money in it, it's getting more "professional".

Look at this ****ing guy:

b32cf7_fdac07379c1b4b3387bb1252aa0d403d~mv2.jpg

True story: drove by a course yesterday. I pointed it out to my son and said “hey look a disc golf course.” Without missing a beat he said “yeah, I’m not good at frisbees.”

I’ve never been prouder of my son.
The talent is getting better.

images

Reactions: BradStevens
It’s a Top 2 worst thing to come out of the last decade for American society. We saw some of our respected and trusted institutions throw it away to “get Trump” based on hyperbole that he was a dictator, fascist, orders of magnitude greater authoritarian, White Supremecist, neo-Nazi, certifiably mentally ill enough to be declared unable to do his job per 25A, and danger to democracy.

I have a theory though that what really drove this is the same phenomenon that drive many Trump supporters: shame.

Trump’s demeanor and attitudes were so crass that many highly educated elites saw him as reminding them of, and appealing to, the “worst” people in America, who they consider poor, uneducated, living in fly-over country, and so also racist, homophobic, God fearing, desiring to enslave women. Any candidate who attracts those people must be destroyed, and Trump proved to them that their nation was full of them. (This would also explain the weird phenomenon of white educated liberals falling for the illiberal and incoherent theories of anti-racism).

My advanced degree in armchair psychology leads me to think it’s crucial these people they hate so much are white. Many, many poor black, Hispanic, and Asian Americans hold backwards views, too. I think white “deplorables,” though, remind a lot of white social, economic climbers and elites of their own backgrounds and where they came from. Maybe they are embarrassed about those backgrounds now that they are hobknobbing with those they believe are purer bred on the two coasts and so must be the most vocal critics and activists— the Resistance!

I think we need to explain their behavior on a psychological level like this since this attitude and actions have been so widespread and so visceral.**

**or maybe this is just the caffeine kicking in and my brain is firing off too fast.

Brad, as I said in another post this morning we shouldn't blame Trump for the toxic political environment which has been festering and growing for years.

It is easy to blame him because he seems so comfortable and natural being a part of today's toxic politics.

Brad, as I said in another post this morning we shouldn't blame Trump for the toxic political environment which has been festering and growing for years.

It is easy to blame him because he seems so comfortable and natural being a part of today's toxic politics.
A ny developer. He is comfortable

Biden is not only not better, he is worse.
You might think that as for his policies. As a person and human being, it’s not even close or debatable. Trump has been a horrible human his entire life. No one had a bad word to say about Biden until he became President. Even Lindsey Graham said he was one of the most decent and honest people I’ve ever known in politics. And as good a man as God ever created. Yes, there’s a difference. A huge difference. Anyone who can’t see it is deaf, blind, or ignorant.

You might think that as for his policies. As a person and human being, it’s not even close or debatable. Trump has been a horrible human his entire life. No one had a bad word to say about Biden until he became President. Even Lindsey Graham said he was one of the most decent and honest people I’ve ever known in politics. And as good a man as God ever created. Yes, there’s a difference. A huge difference. Anyone who can’t see it is deaf, blind, or ignorant.
so what. policies are all that should matter. that's what impacts tens of millions of people vs your personal feelings. it's hard to believe just how terrible of a president biden is except when you look to the batter's box and see vapid harris standing there (another biden mistake). i'll take a shitty human that helps people over a moron (no indication there's actually anthing good about biden as he's a serial liar) who inadvertently makes everything worse

Reactions: jet812
OK, liked some of Trump's policies, but got pretty mad at him for destroying his chances by being such a jerk. Done with him, except then there's Biden, even worse.

But, election night of 2016 was one of the most awesome nights in the history of elections!
Broke people is right. And that was so pleasing, and well deserved. It was supposed to be a coronation. But we don't have coronations, we have elections. (Sort of.)
Yep a lot of people still cannot stand thinking of a woman as President. Too emotional, dontcha know.

Trump deserves plenty of blame for many things. Polarization is one of them (and many in the GOP are happy with that, calling the moderates RINOs).

But the portion of journalists who threw away integrity because they thought Trump so so evil and such a danger did something worse to our country than polarization did/is doing, in my mind.

For example, the comparison to Hitler is just laughably stupid, yet I think many journalists and progressives really believe it (I’ve heard it from otherwise intelligent lawyers and professionals where I live) and think they are “saving democracy” in what they are doing.

None of them realized (and still won’t admit) that the predictable backlash would be “well, they spent the last 4 years calling him Hitler and undermining him, why wouldn’t they cheat to defeat him?”
No one had a bad word to say about Biden? As good a man as God ever created?

Are you kidding me? You surely can’t believe that.

so what. policies are all that should matter. that's what impacts tens of millions of people vs your personal feelings. it's hard to believe just how terrible of a president biden is except when you look to the batter's box and see vapid harris standing there (another biden mistake).
We’ve been over this a million times. No policies aren’t the only things that matter I prefer a leader who is not an international laughing stock. . But I prefer Biden’s policies over Trump’s by a long shot. You’ve told us a million times how Biden ruined the economy and ignore the impact of the pandemic and the fact that we did not go into a recession as everyone was predicting. You like to say anything good was in spite of Biden and I say anything good was in spite of Trump. As I’ve mentioned several times, ACCORDING TO PEOP!E WHO WORKED FOR TRUMP, he was not allowed to do many of the things he wanted to. All of the adults in the room have left him and are begging us not to elect him again. You know, the people who KNOW HIM! about people like you think you know better. There will be no adults in the room this time. Trump will not appoint anyone besides yes men and criminals to help him carry out his revenge tour. In 50 years, the history books will be wondering what the hell people were thinking. I won’t be here to say I fought it every inch of the way, but I’ll sure be saying I told you so.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Trump deserves plenty of blame for many things. Polarization is one of them (and many in the GOP are happy with that, calling the moderates RINOs).

But the portion of journalists who threw away integrity because they thought Trump so so evil and such a danger did something worse to our country than polarization did/is doing, in my mind.

For example, the comparison to Hitler is just laughably stupid, yet I think many journalists and progressives really believe it (I’ve heard it from otherwise intelligent lawyers and professionals where I live) and think they are “saving democracy” in what they are doing.

None of them realized (and still won’t admit) that the predictable backlash would be “well, they spent the last 4 years calling him Hitler and undermining him, why wouldn’t they cheat to defeat him?”

No one had a bad word to say about Biden? As good a man as God ever created?

Are you kidding me? You surely can’t believe that.
All I did was quote Lindsey Graham.

leader who is not an international laughing stock.
internationally everything is a total mess. you don't think leaders think he's an old buffoon? Harris? hell they don't even bother with meetings with him. certainly don't listen to him. he's a clown. they know it.
But I prefer Biden’s policies over Trump’s
you prefer open borders vs remain in mexico? you prefer the millions more coming in to the country under biden? pick an area and the dems under biden have been a total unmitigated disaster. from EV climate bs to defund police to open borders to lockdowns to globally.
Biden ruined the economy and ignore the impact of the pandemic
it's been demonstrated by the fed etc how biden's pandering to progressives gave rise to the elevated prices we are now stuck with today. he's a vapid blinkard who was co-opted by the progressive left. the pandemic had nothing to do with anything. it was him wanting to give give give in an effort to create lasting cradle to grave benefits. it was god awful policy
All of the adults in the room have left him
he has trannies flashing their tits at the white house. pete home breastfeeding. you think anyone thinks harris and the clan of alphabet misfits are adults?
Trump will not appoint anyone
biden appointed a s.ct. justice who can't tell the difference between a man and a woman.

no one is worse than biden. no one.

Trump enjoys being toxic and confrontational and sadly, so do many of his supporters. He has never once tried to be leader of all the people. He only cares about his base. He came down the escalators talking about rapists and murderers. Never once an attempt to have a positive message. I cannot remember anyone else before him ever thriving on the toxicity .

internationally everything is a total mess. you don't think leaders think he's an old buffoon? Harris? hell they don't even bother with meetings with him. certainly don't listen to him. he's a clown. they know it.

you prefer open borders vs remain in mexico? you prefer the millions more coming in to the country under biden?

it's been demonstrated by the fed etc how biden's pandering to progressives gave rise to the elevated prices we are now stuck with today. he's a vapid blinkard who was co-opted by the progressive left. the pandemic had nothing to do with anything. it was him wanting to give give give in an effort to create lasting cradle to grave benefits. it was god awful policy

he has trannies flashing their tits at the white house. pete home breastfeeding. you think anyone thinks harris and the clan of alphabet misfits are adults?

biden appointed a s.ct. justice who can't tell the difference between a man and a woman.

Lol. I would love to see the White a house memo:

MEMO

To: Pete Buttegieg, Sec of Transportation

Pete:

Please breastfeed at home. Film it. This is what then country needs right now.

Cc: White House Human Resources; Undersecretary of DEI

No, you also said no one had a bad word to say about him. That’s preposterous.
You also asked if I truly thought as good a man as God created. That was Lindsey Graham. Biden was the guy from Scranton who rode the subway,. Republican media were concerned he would win in 2020 because , as opposed to the Hillary attacks that had been going on for decades, it was difficult to attack Joe Biden because people liked him and thought he was a good guy. That was an overstatement that no one ever had a bad thing to say, but do you disagree that was the general consensus on Joe Biden before he ran for President?

Reactions: UncleMark
lol every other word that's intelligible from biden is MAGA in an attempt to disparage half the country. the guy only cares about his base
Nope hasn’t always been that way and isn’t always now.

you prefer open borders vs remain in mexico? you prefer the millions more coming in to the country under biden? pick an area and the dems under biden have been a total unmitigated disaster. from EV climate bs to defund police to open borders to lockdowns to globally.

There you go with the trannies again. There’s no point responding this is all ridiculous bs. And once again shows your obsession with gays and trannies.

Lol. I would love to see the White a house memo:

MEMO

To: Pete Buttegieg, Sec of Transportation

Pete:

Please breastfeed at home. Film it. This is what then country needs right now.

Cc: White House Human Resources; Undersecretary of DEI
Wallowing in the gutter, congratulations . When you can’t think of something funny, one can always get a laugh at the WC by making fun of gay people or trannies. Guaranteed!

You also asked if I truly thought as good a man as God created. That was Lindsey Graham. Biden was the guy from Scranton who rode the subway,. Republican media were concerned he would win in 2020 because , as opposed to the Hillary attacks that had been going on for decades, it was difficult to attack Joe Biden because people liked him and thought he was a good guy. That was an overstatement that no one ever had a bad thing to say, but do you disagree that was the general consensus on Joe Biden before he ran for President?
It was a popular myth in the press, yes. He has an avuncular air.

But he got caught lying—out and out, pure lying— about his resume when he ran in 88 or 92. He’s a lifelong politician who has engaged in the game long enough to not be a great person.

Trump is also a grand liar. No doubt. Not great person. No doubt. You don’t have to go there with me.

There you go with the trannies again. There’s no point responding this is all ridiculous bs. And once again shows your obsession with gays and trannies.
Border numbers that will alter the country
Attack on energy leading to gas spikes and ev bs people don’t want
Global affairs
Defund/bail
Lockdowns
Price spikes 40 year high now stuck

This administration has done serious damage - more so than any in my lifetime by a long shot. And every one of these things can be traced to Dem policies

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT