ADVERTISEMENT

It is all over

Trippy Captain

Freshman
Apr 8, 2014
the chaos is all over. No more jingle bells. No more traveling. No more xmas for another 365 days.

It feels gooood.

meghan-markle-black-bikini.jpg

3 little ones...

...still make Christmas morning an enjoyable thing. I wish they could stay this young for a long time. I don't want to imagine the day when this holiday is a nuisance.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Grandkids bring it all back. Our grandson had a good time opening his presents and playing with his toys. My children are all adults now so it's been good to have a 3 yr old who can get all excited.

3 little ones...

...still make Christmas morning an enjoyable thing. I wish they could stay this young for a long time. I don't want to imagine the day when this holiday is a nuisance.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

My favorite xmas story is one year, at the tail end of my kid's belief in Santa, I took some old boots and dipped them in the fireplace ashes, and then stamped them around the fireplace. Next, I took a small piece of red felt and snagged it on the fireplace as if it had been torn off as Santa descended/ascended. Then I made my coffee and just waited. Opening presents overwhelmed them and no one noticed until about 10am when they were playing with their new gifts. They ran around yelling and screaming, convinced Santa had been there. I think it probably bought me another 2 years.

My favorite xmas story is one year, at the tail end of my kid's belief in Santa, I took some old boots and dipped them in the fireplace ashes, and then stamped them around the fireplace. Next, I took a small piece of red felt and snagged it on the fireplace as if it had been torn off as Santa descended/ascended. Then I made my coffee and just waited. Opening presents overwhelmed them and no one noticed until about 10am when they were playing with their new gifts. They ran around yelling and screaming, convinced Santa had been there. I think it probably bought me another 2 years.
You lied to your child ..

smdh

Here is a funny story about the end of Santa Claus at our house when I was growing up. We had one of those old 1920's style houses with 4 levels. the living area, dining room, and kitchen were on the ground level, there was a basement underneath, the bedrooms and only bathroom (there is a whole story for another post), on the second story and an Attic above.

The entry door for the attic was on the one end of the bedroom my brother and I shared. This was a full attic with permanent steps and pretty good floor space, not just a storage space with a pull down ladder.
Right after Thanksgiving every year, the Attic became "Santa's Workshop". We weren't allowed to go up there because Santa and the Elves were working on presents until Christmas. Of course our parents were buying presents wrapping them and hauling them up there after we were asleep.

This was either 1960 or 1961. I would have been 9 or 10, and my younger brother was 7 or 8. We always had our major part of Christmas on Christmas Eve night. One of our traditions was we would have an early supper, and Dad would take us out for a drive through town to see Christmas lights and Decorations. Mom would stay home to "wait for Santa". By the time we got back, all the presents were there and ready.

That year my Brother and I each received a football outfit (helmet, shoulder pads, and uniform shirt. When the presents were opened, my Brother had this confused look on his face and said to my Mom, "Didn't you forget something?" "What" she asks. My Brother replies,' Wasn't there a set of Shoulder pads for me?" My Mother looks around and says, "You're right. She takes several steps out of the living room and heads toward the stair case. Just before she reaches the staircase, she spins on her heel, glares at him and says, "How would you have known that?" And that's the Year the Santa myth and magic died at our House.

Reactions: All4You and kkott
Here is a funny story about the end of Santa Claus at our house when I was growing up. We had one of those old 1920's style houses with 4 levels. the living area, dining room, and kitchen were on the ground level, there was a basement underneath, the bedrooms and only bathroom (there is a whole story for another post), on the second story and an Attic above.

The entry door for the attic was on the one end of the bedroom my brother and I shared. This was a full attic with permanent steps and pretty good floor space, not just a storage space with a pull down ladder.
Right after Thanksgiving every year, the Attic became "Santa's Workshop". We weren't allowed to go up there because Santa and the Elves were working on presents until Christmas. Of course our parents were buying presents wrapping them and hauling them up there after we were asleep.

This was either 1960 or 1961. I would have been 9 or 10, and my younger brother was 7 or 8. We always had our major part of Christmas on Christmas Eve night. One of our traditions was we would have an early supper, and Dad would take us out for a drive through town to see Christmas lights and Decorations. Mom would stay home to "wait for Santa". By the time we got back, all the presents were there and ready.

That year my Brother and I each received a football outfit (helmet, shoulder pads, and uniform shirt. When the presents were opened, my Brother had this confused look on his face and said to my Mom, "Didn't you forget something?" "What" she asks. My Brother replies,' Wasn't there a set of Shoulder pads for me?" My Mother looks around and says, "You're right. She takes several steps out of the living room and heads toward the stair case. Just before she reaches the staircase, she spins on her heel, glares at him and says, "How would you have known that?" And that's the Year the Santa myth and magic died at our House.

A similar thing happened to my younger sister and I in the early 70's. We were 7 and 5 at the time, were in school (2nd grade and Kindergarten respectively), and the kids whose parents already told them Santa wasn't real were making it difficult for us to believe. This prompted us to start asking questions and share our doubts with our older brother and sister who were 17 and 15. Well, they must've told my parents who then with my older siblings made a concerted effort to keep the dream alive so speak for us.

My older siblings woke my sister and I about 2:00 am on Christmas morning and told us they heard Santa downstairs and we should try and sneak a peek from the staircase. They made sure we didn't get too far down to see too much, but allowed us to peek through the balusters. Combined with the house being completely dark save for the light of the Christmas tree and not allowing us to venture more than a few steps down the staircase, we could only see the red flannel pants tucked into a pair of black boots milling about and arranging the presents with red flannel sleeves and white gloved hand. It surely was Santa even though we didn't see his face, and my brother and sister only gave us a quick look then got us back to bed. We couldn't sleep after seeing this and by 5:00 am we had convinced mom and dad to wake up and see what Santa brought us. The half eaten cookies and near empty milk glass were the cherry on top. Best Christmas ever.

Of course, it turned out to be my dad wearing his black boots and red pajamas pulling the wool over our eyes, but hell we believed for a few more Christmas seasons. Being young like that and the magic of the Easter Bunny, Santa and the Tooth Fairy as part of my childhood was awesome. The longer a kid can keep a hold on that innocence the better IMHO.

Reactions: kkott
A similar thing happened to my younger sister and I in the early 70's. We were 7 and 5 at the time, were in school (2nd grade and Kindergarten respectively), and the kids whose parents already told them Santa wasn't real were making it difficult for us to believe. This prompted us to start asking questions and share our doubts with our older brother and sister who were 17 and 15. Well, they must've told my parents who then with my older siblings made a concerted effort to keep the dream alive so speak for us.

My older siblings woke my sister and I about 2:00 am on Christmas morning and told us they heard Santa downstairs and we should try and sneak a peek from the staircase. They made sure we didn't get too far down to see too much, but allowed us to peek through the balusters. Combined with the house being completely dark save for the light of the Christmas tree and not allowing us to venture more than a few steps down the staircase, we could only see the red flannel pants tucked into a pair of black boots milling about and arranging the presents with red flannel sleeves and white gloved hand. It surely was Santa even though we didn't see his face, and my brother and sister only gave us a quick look then got us back to bed. We couldn't sleep after seeing this and by 5:00 am we had convinced mom and dad to wake up and see what Santa brought us. The half eaten cookies and near empty milk glass were the cherry on top. Best Christmas ever.

Of course, it turned out to be my dad wearing his black boots and red pajamas pulling the wool over our eyes, but hell we believed for a few more Christmas seasons. Being young like that and the magic of the Easter Bunny, Santa and the Tooth Fairy as part of my childhood was awesome. The longer a kid can keep a hold on that innocence the better IMHO.
My son knew there wasn't a Santa but pretended like he believed because he thought he would get more presents if we still bought Santa gifts and gifts from us. When my daughter asked him in private if Santa was real, he let her know not to say anything to us.

We have a pocket door that separates the bedrooms from the main part of the house. We would pull it closed while Santa was setting everything up. I thought I heard noises and pulled open the door to find both kids sitting in the hall. My son said they thought they heard Santa Claus. He finally admitted they were just wanting to get an early peak at the number of gifts we would put out for Santa. The mystery of Santa Claus ended. We were the only ones sad about it.

You lied to your child ..

smdh
I thought you had a kid. You never experienced the joy of putting out surprises for children or seeing the look of surprise and amazement on Christmas morning?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT