ADVERTISEMENT

It ain't fun to watch my team anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
As did your inane post. You wanna huddle up with your RMK hating sweetie before you respond again. On another note, have you noticed how bad DD's show is every day? The way he flip flops on things, panders to fan bases on both sides. Pretty funny. Maybe you should just sack up, "next time" and quit telling the mods that they can handle things. You are precious.
There are no extra credit points available, Dug, and you don't need any. You've already earned your pointy hat and well deserved place in the corner. Please remain there until a grown up tells you you can be excused.

There are no extra credit points available, Dug, and you don't need any. You've already earned your pointy hat and well deserved place in the corner. Please remain there until a grown up tells you you can be excused.
Wow, that's gold. Absolute gold. Your scout is helping you come up with this brilliant ish, isn't he? Let me know when you're done pandering to the mods asking for them to help you combat those big meanies replying to your lame posts.

"Pursuant" to your post, who is "we"? I'm not the one who kept this stupidity alive, however, when some random dude who's been on this site for a minute (I'll wait for him to chime in with a time stamp from his last post, thereby disproving that statement. *sigh*) then I'll say something. What's the problem with that? Maybe you should huddle up with the others and discuss your feelings. Persuant. lmao at you "counselor".

I guess I thought "we" was the plural audience you were addressing.

You spelled "Persuant" incorrectly in your second-to-last sentence fragment.

Your period should be inside of your quotation marks in your last sentence fragment.

Cheers.

Been a fan for 50 years, through thick and thin, but I am growing weary because they are not fun to watch anymore. They look like they are playing for the first time together on a playground. No discipline, no ball control, giving up so many uncontested lay ups. Not once (against Rutgers) did we a hand on a ball taken to the rim. We are currently ranked 100 in team defense. And 20+ turnovers ... so depressing.

Seems that we don't recruit or coach defensive skills and our coaches seem to be ok with it. I remember a national televised game against Illinois in the mid 80's. It was an important game and RMK benched the entire starting line up and lost the game 52-41 ... but everyone played defense!!!!.

Is there hope for the future? What needs to change?
Are you talking IU?

I guess I thought "we" was the plural audience you were addressing.

You spelled "Persuant" incorrectly in your second-to-last sentence fragment.

Your period should be inside of your quotation marks in your last sentence fragment.

Cheers.
lmao. Now THIS is a great post. It's a bee-otch posting from a phone. Your opinion of RMK is still complete horse ish. The "we" is evidently you and your lame little RMK hating friend. Both of you have very few posts. Interesting. No doubt this is the second, or third, or fourth incarnation of you on these forums.

lmao. Now THIS is a great post. It's a bee-otch posting from a phone. Your opinion of RMK is still complete horse ish. The "we" is evidently you and your lame little RMK hating friend. Both of you have very few posts. Interesting. No doubt this is the second, or third, or fourth incarnation of you on these forums.

I was a huge RMK fan. I was at Assembly Hall for pretty much every game (ok...85%-ish) between 1977 - 2000. I still have season tickets...I just don't go as frequently.

From where do you derive your opinion of my opinion of RMK? I loved the guy.

What is "ish?"

What are you talking about, Dug?

This "debate" is SO much better than a post about ESPN's positive opinion of Crean. No wonder it's allowed to stay up.

I remain amazed about how things work around here.

What are you talking about, Dug?
Just giving you guys grief. In previous posts he brought up RMK's postseason record over his last 6 years. Both of you guys haven't been on these boards very long (relative to a lot of posters) with your current handles. You've probably had others. That's the point. The other stuff is just giving you a hard time. I'd say we're all in agreement on our current dissatisfaction with the current state of the program, this season's surprising results notwithstanding.

This "debate" is SO much better than a post about ESPN's positive opinion of Crean. No wonder it's allowed to stay up.

Does it get old bring a sycophant for Crean? Does it? The team is playing MUCH better than they had been, and for that matter, any of Crean's teams during his IU tenure. Just stop with the obsession over others with a differing opinion.

Just giving you guys grief. In previous posts he brought up RMK's postseason record over his last 6 years. Both of you guys haven't been on these boards very long (relative to a lot of posters) with your current handles. You've probably had others. That's the point. The other stuff is just giving you a hard time. I'd say we're all in agreement on our current dissatisfaction with the current state of the program, this season's surprising results notwithstanding.
It's my only name here. Starting to wonder why I joined.

I've been around for many, many, many years on "these boards." I'm a remnant from the old looper days featuring Wischoosier and Gjkoj-ish or whatever his name was and those guys (albeit I was not part of that crowd).

Wow...that was a long time ago.

At any rate, as of today, 1/25/2016, I am ecstatic with the current state of the program and I can't wait for tonight's game! Go Hoosiers.

Does it get old bring a sycophant for Crean? Does it? The team is playing MUCH better than they had been, and for that matter, any of Crean's teams during his IU tenure. Just stop with the obsession over others with a differing opinion.

I have no problem with someone saying, "I don't agree with Coach Crean's strategy." Well, for that matter, I don't really have a "problem" with any of this...it's an internet message board, for crying out loud (something you seem to know a lot about). I only argue with those that want IU to lose games in the interest of some laughable notion of "long term health".

I would also argue with your claim of my "obsession over others with a differing opinion" comment. Considering your history in this thread, I'm not sure the irony of that statement could be any more pronounced.

I have no problem with someone saying, "I don't agree with Coach Crean's strategy." Well, for that matter, I don't really have a "problem" with any of this...it's an internet message board, for crying out loud (something you seem to know a lot about). I only argue with those that want IU to lose games in the interest of some laughable notion of "long term health".

I would also argue with your claim of my "obsession over others with a differing opinion" comment. Considering your history in this thread, I'm not sure the irony of that statement could be any more pronounced.
Give me a break. You're a troll. Plain and simple. And yes, you're the textbook definition of a sycophant for Crean. Your history knows no bounds. You argue with anyone who says anything negative about Crean. Again. Sycophant. Embrace it. It's what you are.

It's my only name here. Starting to wonder why I joined.
Easy wheezy. One day hopefully we can all agree on our coach (yes, we all know who) and then this board will be reduced to lamenting losses and the occasional lost recruit.

I've been around for many, many, many years on "these boards." I'm a remnant from the old looper days featuring Wischoosier and Gjkoj-ish or whatever his name was and those guys (albeit I was not part of that crowd).

Wow...that was a long time ago.

At any rate, as of today, 1/25/2016, I am ecstatic with the current state of the program and I can't wait for tonight's game! Go Hoosiers.
That is a long time. Not sure how you could be ecstatic with the state of the program. The state of THIS team? Right now? Sure. Absolutely. But the program? Not if the same guy is running it. He's not the answer long term. IMHO. At least Blo retired. So there's that.

Give me a break. You're a troll. Plain and simple. And yes, you're the textbook definition of a sycophant for Crean. Your history knows no bounds. You argue with anyone who says anything negative about Crean. Again. Sycophant. Embrace it. It's what you are.
Dude, you do the exact same thing except from the opposite side.

Wow...all these wins have got you absolutely grumpy.

What is so hard to understand that I am a huge fan of the Hoosiers. All of the Hoosiers. If they are wearing the Cream and Crimson, or part of the program, I am a fan. That includes the coach, who has done more for this program in one minute than you could hope to do in a lifetime of whining and crying on a message board.

Now, if for whatever reason, he ceases to become the coach, my loyalties will automatically shift to the new guy, until that one is fired (RMK), is proven to be detrimental through cheating or other low-life behavior (Sampson), or moves on for some other reason. At that point, he becomes nothing more than a coach at another school. That includes the current coach, who was just another coach at another school before coming here, in my eyes.

We all understand you do not want him to be the coach. We all know your love of the current Celtics coach (not coming). That's fine.

But going so far as wishing losses on the Hoosiers? And admitting that there is no number of victories sufficient for you? To me, that's strange. Me? I want the Hoosiers to win every game, all the time (as long as they are not cheating, btw).

As a poster from a long time ago used to say, "Your mileage may vary."

Reactions: positiveHoosier

It's allowed to stay up, because the mods claim they don't read every post. The real questions is whether the mods really do want us to report every single one of these posts that violate the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT