ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Tayven

I like Sorsby's passing better but Jackson has far better results and that is what counts. I hope they keep Sorsby ready to enter the games as any time IU's offense needs a boost coach Bell needs to try Sorsby and see if he can provide the boost.

Sorsby be gone after this year…and I wouldn’t blame him.

There was just no way they were gonna bring him in and not promise him the starting job.
He will have very tough competition coming up with Williams back, Lowry, along with the incoming QB from Ohio. I would like to think players would stay and compete hard to gain the starting spot but in today's college game I don't see it happening much.

They’re both going to play.
Well it’s likely Jackson gets dinged at some point. He’s tiny.

But Allen has been pretty stubborn at times not benching a starter for poor performance. I see no scenario he doesn’t get all the snaps vs Louisville.

• Haha
Reactions: vesuvius13
I

There was just no way they were gonna bring him in and not promise him the starting job.
I Like tayven a lot but i certainly hope they didn't promise him anything but a chance

I don't think he was promised anything more than a chance to compete for the starting job. He could see the writing on the wall at UT, and IU was a logical place for him to land given the multiple connections he has to IUB and the QB situation here. I don't know how much can be read into his success against ISU, but it seems to me that it would be hard not to award him the start this Saturday based on the results from that game.

He played awesome against ISU. No doubt.

But to have 1 play mainly against OSU with a dog——gameplan, then give the other the majority against ISU, while admitting (coaches words!) the latter isn’t a great practice player seems quite head scratching.

You would have to think the week preceding the ISU game is where the separation occurred. Can’t imagine that the results of how they played in the game was what the decision was based upon.

You would have to think the week preceding the ISU game is where the separation occurred. Can’t imagine that the results of how they played in the game was what the decision was based upon.
Yeah and you can't tell much from the first game either

I think it was a fix to make him the starter. Sorsby starts vs OSU and Tavyven starts vs Trees. Now who's gonna have the better game to be starter vs Louisville? Well duh!!!

They claimed the plan was to split both games but Sorsby didn't get very many snaps against ISU. Didn't come off as a fair competition but maybe they made the decision earlier than they are claiming.

Last edited:
Just as I thought it would happen whether it was going to be the right choice or not.. and I don't think it was. CTA is so predictable. He's not good at disguising what he's thinking. I hope he puts in Sorsby if Jackson doesn't move the ball....but I'm not going to bet on it.

Tayven was 18/21 for 236 against ISU.
Sorsby was 9/16 for 108 against ISU (Which, granted, is a little harsh thanks to drops).

That being said, the point is that Tayven got more drives against Indiana State, yes,
but their actual passing opportunities in that game weren't as skewed as people are acting like they were.

I don't think he was promised anything more than a chance to compete for the starting job. He could see the writing on the wall at UT, and IU was a logical place for him to land given the multiple connections he has to IUB and the QB situation here. I don't know how much can be read into his success against ISU, but it seems to me that it would be hard not to award him the start this Saturday based on the results from that game.
Does anybody know if TJ is getting NIL? I would think he would be.

The name/family ties are worth more here than anywhere else and the schools with big NiL deals probably weren’t calling?

Jackson needs to make all of this hand wringing a moot point. He can do that by leading Indiana to victory Saturday over Louisville. Play lousy, and we all continue to beat the Sorsby drum.

FWIW, I believe Jackson will play well on Saturday and Indiana wins outright. Louisville is far more beatable than Vegas suggests.

Tayven was 18/21 for 236 against ISU.
Sorsby was 9/16 for 108 against ISU (Which, granted, is a little harsh thanks to drops).

That being said, the point is that Tayven got more drives against Indiana State, yes,
but their actual passing opportunities in that game weren't as skewed as people are acting like they were.
It seems like TJ is the guy just from body language. Sorsby has the bigger arm and IMO runs as well

We need to make a damned decision to get the snaps necessary to improve.

It isn't everything, but the play that stood out to me the most and cemented in my mind that Tayven should get the nod is the one that Cam made a highlight reel catch. Tayven stood in the pocket, ignored the impending shot he was about to take, threw the ball where Cam had a chance at it, and took the hit. Granted you can't do that all the time, but Sorsby just seemed to get happy feet a little too quick at times when pressure came.

As I said elsewhere I was leaning Sorsby. I'm not entirely convinced the offense's success Friday was because of Tave specifically. To me it felt more like he happened to be the one out there when the offense got hot. That said, he did execute and credit is due. Maybe I am being stubborn or over-analyzing. The decision has been made and I support it.

I hate to even write this but if we are being honest we all know it's true. If it's legit a tie, and it does indeed seem pretty close, you go with Tave because it's a better story and creates more buzz for the program.

It's good to know that there is very little, if any drop off, with the backup. Although I assume Tave will get the lion's share of the 1st team reps now.

As I said elsewhere I was leaning Sorsby. I'm not entirely convinced the offense's success Friday was because of Tave specifically. To me it felt more like he happened to be the one out there when the offense got hot. That said, he did execute and credit is due. Maybe I am being stubborn or over-analyzing. The decision has been made and I support it.

I hate to even write this but if we are being honest we all know it's true. If it's legit a tie, and it does indeed seem pretty close, you go with Tave because it's a better story and creates more buzz for the program.

It's good to know that there is very little, if any drop off, with the backup. Although I assume Tave will get the lion's share of the 1st team reps now.
Like you I thought Sorsby threw a better ball and a couple of receivers didn't catch the passes. I understand players felt better with Jackson and thought Sorsby was too unsure.

Reactions: daddyhoosier
the football geniuses in Carolina and Houston took Young and Stroud over Richardson.

that should keep both those fan bases pissed for the next 10 yrs.

The Booz Allen … two dimensional B-school technique … applied to Football stats. visualizes relative QB performance. Baz was in the bad quartile mid season last year. Jackson is in the top tier quartile, after week two. Sorsby is better than many.

Jack Plummer is perhaps like the .250 Power Hitter, take enough big swings and something good happens. … But can end the inning with a double play. IU needs to turn Jack over. Murray State got two picks.

OSU’s McCord looks pretty good, compared to the rest of FBS P5 QBs. OSU fans apparently don’t get that replacing the #1 NFL draft pick would be hard. Yes, his PFF grades are lower than some … but he blows out the QBR.

Last edited:
Reactions: midwolfe
the football geniuses in Carolina and Houston took Young and Stroud over Richardson.

that should keep both those fan bases pissed for the next 10 yrs.
A little early to call Young and Stroud busts already, isn’t it.
Granted, Stroud’s talent may have been maximized at OSU with NFL quality receivers to play catch with.
The good QBs go to bad teams … Because they are bad teams.
Even Payton Manning took a few years to figure stuff out.

Richardson needs to improve a lot. … Love his attitude so far. His development and the defensive resurgence will make the Colts much more interesting to watch after last year’s implosion.

Reactions: midwolfe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT