ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Cignetti….

I’m waiting on Euro to tell me since he’s the one doing all the hiring. He knows all the specifics of what they are looking for, why won’t he tell us who it is?

• Haha
Reactions: nichlee and 76-1
If true I am excited because he is not afraid to take over a traditionally losing program and make them better. I believe he is a winner and would surround himself with quality people and coaches. I also love that he was a quarterback and has a lot of experience evaluating and coaching quarterbacks.

Unless something serious happens ...
This is Indiana...never count anything out lol
College Sports Football GIF by Indiana Hoosiers

I hope the news becomes official soon that it is Cignetti as he has shown he can build programs.

IU should just buy duke and make them a satellite school just kidding....i heard cuban just had an inflow of cash to donate lol

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Ugh. I was worried someone would swoop in. Ceiling obviously higher up here in Big 10 but clearly Duke is in a better place.

@Bligedy is on the same wavelength as me.

I have no idea what Duke's situation is, but I don't think you are in contact negotiations if you're not seriously considering taking the job.

Unless something seriously goes wrong, we should have a coach soon so he can start to re-recruit the guys he would like to get back on the team from last year.

That would make a lot of sense for the both of them, Duke and Knowles.
Going to be significantly more to hire Knowles than Cignetti I would think but Knowles and Duke have some history.

Edit: doesn't look like it matters

I'm on board. Football guy. Proven winner. Proven Recruiter. Proven program builder.

Very interested to see how he builds a staff and who we keep from the guys that hit the portal as well as who we target from the portal.

Let's hope he gets the full support of the university as well as the fan base from Day 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT