ADVERTISEMENT

Islamaphobia

I find Vox to be pretty left leaning overall, but I follow them on Twitter and read some of their stuff from time to time. Even taken with a grain of salt, this article scared me (but frankly, didn't surprise me).

http://www.vox.com/2015/12/1/9822452/muslim-islamophobia-trump
Blame Arab Muslim countries. When you are completely inaccessible to tourists and treat women worse than dog shit you will not build cross cultural connections. This is the result.

Reactions: td75 and byerb01
Blame Arab Muslim countries. When you are completely inaccessible to tourists and treat women worse than dog shit you will not build cross cultural connections. This is the result.

Arab Muslim countries are to blame for a higher and higher percentage of Americans being dumbasses who can't think for themselves? Or is the percentage of dumbass Americans the same and we're just more tuned in to their stupidity now?

Arab Muslim countries are to blame for a higher and higher percentage of Americans being dumbasses who can't think for themselves? Or is the percentage of dumbass Americans the same and we're just more tuned in to their stupidity now?

The last part of your statement is 100% true. 24/7 media and Facebook help that out.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Fear and blaming a minority group has almost always worked.

Like others have said, the people in that region need to do more to deal with these issues.

Quick thoughts on this thread:

Is take this to the Cooler the code phrase for I am voting for Trump?

Crisomlaw nailed it, thread over.

Toasted with another "huh??" post.

Social media as outlet for the stupid herd + a news media that is scared to call it like it is + Citizens United = America 2015.

Hopefully, I will have time to atone tonight for this and other like minded posts.

Reactions: zeke4ahs and Zizkov
Quick thoughts on this thread:

Is take this to the Cooler the code phrase for I am voting for Trump?

Crisomlaw nailed it, thread over.

Toasted with another "huh??" post.

Social media as outlet for the stupid herd + a news media that is scared to call it like it is + Citizens United = America 2015.

Hopefully, I will have time to atone tonight for this and other like minded posts.

Trump is a good publicity tool for the 2016 elections but I have as much chance with Lucy Liu as he does of winning the Republican nod. Its going to be Cruz or Rubio and Cruz is too in your face far right.

12347874_1013738115329781_7425817734396859613_n.png

Its really crazy right now. I read some where and I have idea whether or not it is true, but supposedly Obama said over Thanksgiving that people should be talking about gun control at the thanksgiving table. So people went out and bought enough guns to equip the marine core and 4 army divisions.

I'm probably going to get my conceal and carry permit. Not because I think I'm Dirty Harry,but just so I can have it. Never would have thought about this 5 years ago.

Good? He's an idiot celebrity douchebag spewing and promoting hate.That he's even gotten this far shows how stupid and backwards our public is. There's nothing good about it. He's breeding racial hatred. That makes him evil. He's certainly a tool, of that there's no argument.
When I said good I mean for CNN, FOX, MSNBC, the New York Times etc...

Trump is a good publicity tool for the 2016 elections but I have as much chance with Lucy Liu as he does of winning the Republican nod. Its going to be Cruz or Rubio and Cruz is too in your face far right.

I will give Trump credit for a pretty savvy move this week with the Muslim moratorium. I have never for a second believed he was in this for any reason other than to build up his diminishing public persona brand (The Apprentice is old hat, so he wants to pivot to being a talking head pundit on Fox). Problem is, the (still) registered Republican voters are too stupid and the other candidates too inept to oust him from the lead in the polls.

So now faced with "Shit, how do I get out of campaigning for this job I never wanted?" he's upped the ante with his rhetoric. Calling Mexicans criminals and rapists not enough to make me un-nominatable? Fine, I'm calling for a shut down of places of worship and entry into the country for 1.6 billion people! Now, this should finally start to cost him in the primaries. The idiots in Iowa will migrate to Cruz, Trump was never going to win New Hampshire, and as the non-competitors fall off and everyone circles around Cruz or Rubio (why I dunno, but it looks like those are the guys), then Trump can bow out and save face. I can already hear his speech: Look, I would've been a great President. Probably our greatest President. But the voters proved to be losers, and were too scared to vote for the candidate who told the truth. So I'm going to go back to building the world's most luxurious properties, having sex with my green-card wife while secretly thinking about my daughter, living my great life surrounded by great people, and making frequent appearances on cable news to rag of President Hillary Clinton and remind America what a ewwge (the phonetic spelling of when he tries to say "huge") mistake they made not electing me.

Reactions: iubolt and IUecho87
I will give Trump credit for a pretty savvy move this week with the Muslim moratorium. I have never for a second believed he was in this for any reason other than to build up his diminishing public persona brand (The Apprentice is old hat, so he wants to pivot to being a talking head pundit on Fox). Problem is, the (still) registered Republican voters are too stupid and the other candidates too inept to oust him from the lead in the polls.

So now faced with "Shit, how do I get out of campaigning for this job I never wanted?" he's upped the ante with his rhetoric. Calling Mexicans criminals and rapists not enough to make me un-nominatable? Fine, I'm calling for a shut down of places of worship and entry into the country for 1.6 billion people! Now, this should finally start to cost him in the primaries. The idiots in Iowa will migrate to Cruz, Trump was never going to win New Hampshire, and as the non-competitors fall off and everyone circles around Cruz or Rubio (why I dunno, but it looks like those are the guys), then Trump can bow out and save face. I can already hear his speech: Look, I would've been a great President. Probably our greatest President. But the voters proved to be losers, and were too scared to vote for the candidate who told the truth. So I'm going to go back to building the world's most luxurious properties, having sex with my green-card wife while secretly thinking about my daughter, living my great life surrounded by great people, and making frequent appearances on cable news to rag of President Hillary Clinton and remind America what a ewwge (the phonetic spelling of when he tries to say "huge") mistake they made not electing me.

He is proving that there is a significant part of the GOP that is really really stupid not to mention backwardsass racists. Most people already knew, but now it's out in the open. Many will still try to deny it, but well, see point #1.

I guess he didn't get to be a multi billionaire by being stupid, so this is a viable theory.

When you don't build cross cultural connections you don't view each other as people. Since there is no tourism and no chance for interaction this is the result.

I guess he didn't get to be a multi billionaire by being stupid, so this is a viable theory.

I wish I had the link, but someone did the research and found that if he had taken his inheritance and put it in low risk investments he would be worth more then twice as much as he is now. He has basically lost billions by being a shitty businessman.

He has filed for bankruptcy because his investments have sucked.

I wish I had the link, but someone did the research and found that if he had taken his inheritance and put it in low risk investments he would be worth more then twice as much as he is now. He has basically lost billions by being a shitty businessman.

He has filed for bankruptcy because his investments have sucked.
The only money he has made is from predatory contracts and lawsuits.

The man's 2x filed for bankruptcy - never because he was dead broke and couldn't afford to pay his business creditors, but because it made more since for him financially to discharge the debts and deal with the consequences. He's gamed the financial system for his own self interest. It's not a big stretch for him to now game the political system.

There's a reason only 18% of college educated Republicans support him.

Trump's a populist just as much as he's a demagogue.

Imagine that. An ivy league educated elite leading the anti intellectuals and working man.

When you don't build cross cultural connections you don't view each other as people. Since there is no tourism and no chance for interaction this is the result.

in 2013, these countries rated in the top 20 for both International tourism arrivals and the number of Muslims who live in those countries:

China
Turkey
Thailand
Malaysia
Saudi Arabia

Most Muslims by country (Pew):http://www.pewforum.org/2011/01/27/...-KopIg.1&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

International Tourism, number of arrivals: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator...pi_data_value+wbapi_data_value-last&sort=desc

And then we have the list of soccer federations/clubs that Emirates Airlines alone sponsors, and this ignores Etihad, Turkish Airlines and others who sponsor soccer clubs around the world. http://www.emirates.com/us/english/about/emirates-sponsorships/football/football.aspx

in 2013, these countries rated in the top 20 for both International tourism arrivals and the number of Muslims who live in those countries:

China
Turkey
Thailand
Malaysia
Saudi Arabia

Most Muslims by country (Pew):http://www.pewforum.org/2011/01/27/table-muslim-population-by-country/?beta=true&utm_expid=53098246-2.Lly4CFSVQG2lphsg-KopIg.1&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

International Tourism, number of arrivals: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator...pi_data_value+wbapi_data_value-last&sort=desc

And then we have the list of soccer federations/clubs that Emirates Airlines alone sponsors, and this ignores Etihad, Turkish Airlines and others who sponsor soccer clubs around the world. http://www.emirates.com/us/english/about/emirates-sponsorships/football/football.aspx

You do realize that it is illegal for non-muslims to travel to Saudi Arabia as tourists?? Those are all Muslim tourists!!

Secondly, many of the tourists who visit Turkey and Malaysia are also Muslim! And both of those countries are relatively liberal Muslim countries and neither appear Arab in appearance.

China
Turkey
Thailand
Malaysia
Saudi Arabia

Most Muslims by country (Pew):http://www.pewforum.org/2011/01/27/table-muslim-population-by-country/?beta=true&utm_expid=53098246-2.Lly4CFSVQG2lphsg-KopIg.1&utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/

What is your point? I'm not following.

You do realize that it is illegal for non-muslims to travel to Saudi Arabia as tourists?? Those are all Muslim tourists!!

Secondly, many of the tourists who visit Turkey and Malaysia are also Muslim! And both of those countries are relatively liberal Muslim countries and neither appear Arab in appearance.

Nope didn't know that! Point conceded somewhat then.

Although I know that tourism is permitted in Kuwait, UAE, Oman Qatar and some other arab countries near SA.

Nope didn't know that! Point conceded somewhat then.

Although I know that tourism is permitted in Kuwait, UAE, Oman Qatar and some other arab countries near SA.
Surely... and in those countries interaction between tourists and the gulf arabs is extremely limited. The majority of their residents are abused workers from India, Pakistan, Nepal.

"toastedbread said: ↑
You do realize that it is illegal for non-muslims to travel to Saudi Arabia as tourists?? Those are all Muslim tourists!!"

Technically, this is not true, as there is not an official law that states this. Saudi officials will not grant visas for "tourism." There are ways around that like visiting a "relative" or a "business trip".

Sadly, I spent many months of my life in that shit hole of a country. Every American should be deeply ashamed we consider them an "ally."

You do realize that it is illegal for non-muslims to travel to Saudi Arabia as tourists?? Those are all Muslim tourists!!"

Technically, this is not true, as there is not an official law that states this. Saudi officials will not grant visas for "tourism." There are ways around that like visiting a "relative" or a "business trip".

Sadly, I spent many months of my life in that shit hole of a country. Every American should be deeply ashamed we consider them an "ally."
and then there's Pakistan... we really need to choose our allies better.

You mean 'Oil-lly?'

The man's 2x filed for bankruptcy - never because he was dead broke and couldn't afford to pay his business creditors, but because it made more since for him financially to discharge the debts and deal with the consequences. He's gamed the financial system for his own self interest. It's not a big stretch for him to now game the political system.
Not that I like him at all, but the misunderstanding of his bankruptcies have become comical. Donald Trump, personally, has never, ever, ever filed bankruptcy. Donald Trump's businesses, which number well over 100, have filed bankruptcy exactly 4 times. Most of this is related to Atlantic City. Every major hotel operator in Atlantic City has declared bankruptcy.

As for Trump inheriting money, it has been stated that he received somewhere between 40 million and 200 million in 1974. He stated his worth in 1982 at 200 million. If he had invested in the S/P 500 from 1982 until now, he would be worth 8.3 billion. He is stating his worth is in excess of 10 billion, another estimate I saw was 8.7 billion. Either way, he has exceeded the S/P 500 over a 30+ time period, and having a 100% stock portfolio, as the S/P 500 is, is anything but conservative. I would also tell you that the period of time from 1982 until 2000 was the best 18 year run the market (hence S/P 500) has ever seen.

There is a lot of things to pick on Trump about, his ability to make money, employ 1000's of people thru good times and bad, pay millions of dollars in taxes, etc, is probably one you should stay away from.

There is a lot of things to pick on Trump about, his ability to make money, employ 1000's of people thru good times and bad, pay millions of dollars in taxes, etc, is probably one you should stay away from.

He's a hate-mongering greedy superficial con artist that hopefully spends his last moments on Earth being violently anal and mouth raped by thousands of Mexicans, Blacks and Arabs. .

Not that I like him at all, but the misunderstanding of his bankruptcies have become comical. Donald Trump, personally, has never, ever, ever filed bankruptcy. Donald Trump's businesses, which number well over 100, have filed bankruptcy exactly 4 times. Most of this is related to Atlantic City. Every major hotel operator in Atlantic City has declared bankruptcy.

As for Trump inheriting money, it has been stated that he received somewhere between 40 million and 200 million in 1974. He stated his worth in 1982 at 200 million. If he had invested in the S/P 500 from 1982 until now, he would be worth 8.3 billion. He is stating his worth is in excess of 10 billion, another estimate I saw was 8.7 billion. Either way, he has exceeded the S/P 500 over a 30+ time period, and having a 100% stock portfolio, as the S/P 500 is, is anything but conservative. I would also tell you that the period of time from 1982 until 2000 was the best 18 year run the market (hence S/P 500) has ever seen.

lol,

Trump has been a guy given an advantage virtually nobody else has had and been shitty at it.

A person throwing darts at a wall would probably have done better, but we should be thankful he has provided so many jobs!!!!!!

It's no wonder the GOP is so f'd up,, people actually believe this stuff. If you read it in a book you would laugh and mock it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...this-really-basic-advice-hed-be-a-lot-richer/

and then there's Pakistan... we really need to choose our allies better.
So we exactly do we want to import people from those shitholes into our country? If you require your wife to wear a niqab you do not have a place in this country imo.

lol,

Trump has been a guy given an advantage virtually nobody else has had and been shitty at it.

A person throwing darts at a wall would probably have done better, but we should be thankful he has provided so many jobs!!!!!!

It's no wonder the GOP is so f'd up,, people actually believe this stuff. If you read it in a book you would laugh and mock it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...this-really-basic-advice-hed-be-a-lot-richer/

Monarchs for centuries claimed the same bullshit, as did every slave owner in antiquity..

This was the day they had a bit of reckoning.

Marie_Antoinette_Execution.jpg

Best Holiday ever .....

And on top of this, haj visitors are restricted to haj zones only. This is because of racism. Btw, what were you doing in Saudi? English teacher? Oil?

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Monarchs for centuries claimed the same bullshit, as did every slave owner in antiquity..

This was the day they had a bit of reckoning.

Marie_Antoinette_Execution.jpg

Best Holiday ever .....

If I had a chance to run over and kill a Qatari Sheikh in Los Angeles driving a multi million dollar car I would do so.

So we exactly do we want to import people from those shitholes into our country? If you require your wife to wear a niqab you do not have a place in this country imo.

If the US is a free society (and I question this more and more each year) then if people want to live their lives under these rules, they are welcome. If they don't, they are welcome not to.

There are many Muslim women if given the opportunity to live differently, they would embrace it and still might wear the hijab. And many Muslim men that wouldn't require it (just like they wouldn't require only walking in public with family member or driving a car).

Some might and even resort to honor killing and they need to be dealt with accordingly. There are no guarantees, but that doesn't condone treating people like shit because others in their religion/region are dicks.

There are plenty of christian dicks/murderers, we aren't banning christians.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT