ADVERTISEMENT

Is WiFi or controlled lighting worth the trouble?

peegs

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
Columbus, Indiana
was just reading about the new Philips Hue Bridge 2.0 and how it integrates with Apple Homekit and honestly have let this whole phone/WiFi controlled lighting thing for homes kind of blow by me here the last 5-10 years or however it has been around.

Is it worth figuring out and putting in your home? Not just this option, but any "tech" lighting instead of the basic switch on the wall?

was just reading about the new Philips Hue Bridge 2.0 and how it integrates with Apple Homekit and honestly have let this whole phone/WiFi controlled lighting thing for homes kind of blow by me here the last 5-10 years or however it has been around.

Is it worth figuring out and putting in your home? Not just this option, but any "tech" lighting instead of the basic switch on the wall?
Peegs, IMO, it's just a sinkhole for your dough. We did a lot of that for customers 5-10 years ago because it was new and "cool." When we go back and survey them most go back to just using the switches when they enter or leave a room.

That's a dumb question. Everyone in Chicago already has those lights. We're trying to catch up here in Indy
Do they have rolling blackouts in Chicago yet? That's when you really hit the big time. Plus, Hoops is from Griffith for gawd's sake. I worked there for a year and if it wasn't for Carnival Dogs that place would be uninhabitable.

Reactions: Hoops Cat and C-$
Do they have rolling blackouts in Chicago yet? That's when you really hit the big time. Plus, Hoops is from Griffith for gawd's sake. I worked there for a year and if it wasn't for Carnival Dogs that place would be uninhabitable.

Do you think Hoops was born a clown or was it something he acquired at some point?

Do you think Hoops was born a clown or was it something he acquired at some point?
Hoops is cool, but Griffith is pretty much a suburb of Crown Point. They didn't have good beer in Griffith (or Gary, or Muenster, when I was up there though).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT