ADVERTISEMENT

Is Tom Crean capable of winning a national title?

Is Tom Crean capable of winning a national title?

• Total voters
The only suspense is will any 1 person actually vote "yes"
You got it. Somebody will probably do it as a joke I would guess. Another good poll would be is he capable of winning two straight games in the big ten tourney! LOL!

Mike Davis came within one bad shooting night of a championship. It's possible but not probable.

For Crean it is not possible. He could never string off six straight wins in a tourney format. Never. I have a better chance of flying to the moon.

IMHO, Davis is a better in-game coach than Crean.
Can't disagree but he can't handle pressure like Crean can. Crean has been shown when his team is hitting shots they can play with anyone.
Note: please don't interpret this as my want for Crean to stay. I don't.

Mike Davis came within one bad shooting night of a championship. It's possible but not probable.

That team played with a toughness that a Crean coached team will never achieve. That group shot like crap and was still in it. This team shoots bad and they don't know what to do.

Reactions: bailey777
That team played with a toughness that a Crean coached team will never achieve. That group shot like crap and was still in it. This team shoots bad and they don't know what to do.

That group actually played defense! This group could only win if they are cranking in threes at a 60% clip and they run and gun to outscore the opponent. You actually have to run a half-court offense and play defense to win a national title. All you have to do is look at the three sweet sixteens where Crean ran into real competition and he get spanked all three times.

Reactions: MrBing and BigMobe
The suspense, waiting on the results of this poll, is killing me!

The Kentucky and Purdue lurkers may skew the final result.

Funny%20hockey%20gif_1.gif

A coach that can't win 50% of his conference games is very unlikely to win a national championship. It would be difficult to find out, but I wonder what the worst career conference record is for any previous national champion coach? Bet it's much better than Clappy's .438

You got it. Somebody will probably do it as a joke I would guess. Another good poll would be is he capable of winning two straight games in the big ten tourney! LOL!
It isn't likely, but even Mike Davis had his one shot. I don't think Crean will ever again be able to recruit the players he needs to win a title. His best chance was 2013 at IU.

for the sake of Missouri fans....and their search firm.....hell, yes he can win a title....are you kidding me?

Now I need a shower.

Reactions: Wwyork
As Dickey V says, "Are you serious"?
No!
I always thought I would get to hear Dickie V say Mr. April and Mr. Priller are big time diaper dandys. Slam jam bam baby from Mr. April. Mr Priller is PTP with a capital P. I guess then I woke up and realized it was just a funny dream.

• Cream Puff Delight: coach who plays an easy schedule - I guess this would be crean!!!

I always thought I would get to hear Dickie V say Mr. April and Mr. Priller are big time diaper dandys. Slam jam bam baby from Mr. April. Mr Priller is PTP with a capital P. I guess then I woke up and realized it was just a funny dream.

• Cream Puff Delight: coach who plays an easy schedule - I guess this would be crean!!!
A Crean puff if you will.

How in the heck could anyone vote yes? The guy could not win a national title if you let him start in the semi finals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT