ADVERTISEMENT

Is there any doubt that deadly snake bites are going to see a huge uptick?

Ohio Guy

Hall of Famer
Aug 28, 2001
Given this report that Brazilian viper venom is showing promise as potential treatment for COVID I fully expect a decent number of people to get a swift Darwinian kick in the ass - or wherever they let a snake bite them.

The veracity of the possibilities this story presents aside, how many dumbass things are people going to try instead of simply getting a vaccine shot? By my count, people have been willing to ingest fish tank cleaner, bleach, animal dewormer and now snake venom. I honestly don't get it.

Given this report that Brazilian viper venom is showing promise as potential treatment for COVID I fully expect a decent number of people to get a swift Darwinian kick in the ass - or wherever they let a snake bite them.

The veracity of the possibilities this story presents aside, how many dumbass things are people going to try instead of simply getting a vaccine shot? By my count, people have been willing to ingest fish tank cleaner, bleach, animal dewormer and now snake venom. I honestly don't get it.
I'm shocked nobody has yet to suggest weed as a treatment.

As my nurse practitioner told me this week, there’s no vaccine to stop a virus and there’s no medicine to cure a virus. All we’ve ever been able to do is treat the symptoms. Ibuprofen for temperature, cough meds for cough, etc.

Either you misunderstood or he/she is an idiot.
I didn’t misunderstand. My whole life when I’ve had a virus and went to the doctor i was told I had a virus. Go home and wear it out, or something to that affect.

Is there a cure for viruses we’ve gotten in the winters our whole lives?

I didn’t misunderstand. My whole life when I’ve had a virus and went to the doctor i was told I had a virus. Go home and wear it out, or something to that affect.

Ever heard of polio? Probably not...BECAUSE PEOPLE VACCINATED THE SHIT OUT OF IT.

I wouldn't suggest going home and wearing it out.
Or measles. Or tetanus. Etc.

Reactions: Bill4411
Ever heard of polio? Probably not...BECAUSE PEOPLE VACCINATED THE SHIT OUT OF IT.

I wouldn't suggest going home and wearing it out.
Or measles. Or tetanus. Etc.
Ive taken a flu shot every year for years. Why no vaccine? I’d like one for common cold. I’d take one for my allergies too.

So you are doubting the benefits of the Covid-19 vaccines? You can't possibly be this stupid.

By my count, people have been willing to ingest fish tank cleaner, bleach, animal dewormer and now snake venom. I honestly don't get it.
Never ever underestimate people's ability to be stupid..... won't take a vaccine that several governments have said is safe but would probably try a snake bite because someone on the internet said it worked.... like you, I just don't get it.

Ive taken a flu shot every year for years. Why no vaccine? I’d like one for common cold. I’d take one for my allergies too.
The allergy shots help my wife and daughter immensely.

The allergy shots help my wife and daughter immensely.
our country is completely insane at the moment. i was watching college football yesterday with 90,000 fans packed in like sardines and a commercial comes on stating that if we all get vaccinated we'll soon be able to do this again and it showed a kid hugging grandma. then cut back to a stadium with a 90,000 fans screaming two inches from each other

Reactions: Sope Creek
Allertec . . . from Costco. A year's supply for under $15. Take that in the morning, and then Nasacort at bed time. And breathe easy . . . while you sleep.

Reactions: stollcpa
Allertec . . . from Costco. A year's supply for under $15. Take that in the morning, and then Nasacort at bed time. And breathe easy . . . while you sleep.
I fight allergies. I wonder if Allertec can be taken every day?

So, you are going to completely ignore your statement that your NP said, "there's no vaccine to stop a virus"?

Which one of you was totally ignorant?

I am guessing the NP said or meant that no vaccine can cure or eradicate a virus. The WHO only lists one human virus as eradicated, smallpox, which was last seen on 1977. However, the virus still exists, as many countries have it stored.

*Forgive me if my details are off. I am recalling this from readings a few months ago.

I am guessing the NP said or meant that no vaccine can cure or eradicate a virus. The WHO only lists one human virus as eradicated, smallpox, which was last seen on 1977. However, the virus still exists, as many countries have it stored.

*Forgive me if my details are off. I am recalling this from readings a few months ago.
Fair enough.

Reactions: ribbont
You'll have to follow the directions, and as always, your doctor's advice.

That said, I've taken it every day for the last several years.
Thanks. I’ve taken Equate Chlor Tabs from Walmart morning and night on Docs instructions for couple years. Going to ask about Allertec.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Thanks. I’ve taken Equate Chlor Tabs from Walmart morning and night on Docs instructions for couple years. Going to ask about Allertec.
I think they're the same thing . . . at least have the same active ingredient - Certrizine Hydrochloryde at 10 mg.

Reactions: stollcpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT