ADVERTISEMENT

Is Sean Miller off the table?

TheRehab5

Freshman
Sep 3, 2015
would there be any reason he would give up the weather and situation in Arizona? How much money is IU willing to spend this time.
Pretty sure coach K gets around ten million a year. Calipari about eight million. We can afford to pony up.

would there be any reason he would give up the weather and situation in Arizona? How much money is IU willing to spend this time.
Pretty sure coach K gets around ten million a year. Calipari about eight million. We can afford to pony up.
Yes he won't leave.

If he is really only making 1.5 million a year then I'm sure we could give him 6 million reasons why he should think about it.

If you don't think IU can pay a coach six million a year then your parents need a refund on your education.
I was simply bringing him up for discussion, but you clearly have an Ahole agenda.

Reactions: IUBBALLAWOL
If you don't think IU can pay a coach six million a year then your parents need a refund on your education.
I was simply bringing him up for discussion, but you clearly have an Ahole agenda.
U of A could afford to pay that much, too. You're dreaming if you think IU is alone in that regard, and you're dreaming if you think they'd actually pay that much.

Hey don't get mad that you were uninformed on Sean Millers salary, and are unrealistic on IU's willingness to pay a new coach.

Ignorance can be fixed, you're not permanently damaged.

They won't have a choice this time around but to pay up. The market has increased in the last 9 years.

They won't have a choice this time around but to pay up. The market has increased in the last 9 years.

Oh really? Cause the only coaches that make over six million are Calipari and Coach K and they both earned that salary after multiple final fours and National championships.

I get that throwing out large numbers gives you a boner. But you're being unrealistic and childish.

We will see, You might be surprised or I may be wrong. I personally don't think they have any other option but again we will see.
I'd think "childish" would be assuming that both options are not realistic. But of course your clearly Mr. right, and you can keep the bonar comments too yourself. Rest assured I prefer the ladies, sorry if I led you on.

We will see, You might be surprised or I may be wrong. I personally don't think they have any other option but again we will see.
I'd think "childish" would be assuming that both options are not realistic. But of course your clearly Mr. right, and you can keep the bonar comments too yourself. Rest assured I prefer the ladies, sorry if I led you on.

No. Given empirical evidence, saying that IU will pay the the next coach over 6 million is unrealistic.

No one gives a new coach that kind of contract. You're being a dumb fanboy and you need to wake up.

Oh ok, thank you Fred Glass. Your opinion trumps your poor attempts at insult. I thinkyour ego is a little bigger then that little walnut brain of yours.

Oh ok, thank you Fred Glass. Your opinion trumps your poor attempts at insult. I thinkyour ego is a little bigger then that little walnut brain of yours.

See, that response is just full of inane insults. But there is real evidence to suggest that IU will not offer any kind of new coach that salary. So admit that you were overstating yourself, or be proven wrong later.

Lol ok bro. I can't help but picture a few scenes from the movie "Step Brothers" on that He-Man statement.
I could very well be wrong. As could you.

Lol ok bro. I can't help but picture a few scenes from the movie "Step Brothers" on that He-Man statement.
I could very well be wrong. As could you.

What he-man statement? Are you at least willing to acknowledge you had no clue as to Alford's current contract situation?

Well I never brought up Alford's contract so..... Sure little buddy. Whatever you say.

No and no

When will IU fans realize they are a step back for coaches of his caliber

Again, the OP was delivered with questions not expectations. And yes, no clue what University you are a fan of, but this fan as does expect a big hire. If your not aware of the sleeping giant then just keep assuming that the job is not absolutely craved by elite coaches

Oh really? Cause the only coaches that make over six million are Calipari and Coach K and they both earned that salary after multiple final fours and National championships.

I get that throwing out large numbers gives you a boner. But you're being unrealistic and childish.
Besides, if we're going to pay $6M/year for anyone (and we're not), it will be Donovan.

I'm fine with Donovan Miller or Alford. I'll be absolutely happy with any of them. We will see if they pull out the checkbook. If not then another roll of the dice. If we can afford to keep playing craps.

The days of coach Knight donating his check back to the University are over. It's time to pay up.

I am probably one of the few who doesn't completely get it with Sean Miller. He's a good coach...three Elite 8s in about thirteen years as a head coach...but he's not on the same level as a Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan....So I really don't get his name being mentioned with those. No, Stevens isn't coming....Donovan? Depends on how bad IU wants him. After that....Marshall...not Sean Miller, who would be wise to stay put.

I agree, however I don't think Stevens is an option. If he was then at top of list. I've just tried to minimize who is actually prudent to take on the job. Those four are the only ones I'd have complete faith in. Outside f them I'm crossing my fingers.

Shouldve hired Miller instead of Crean when he was at Xavier. You could tell he was a stud coach there and a lot more established than Crean. Its too late to get him now IMO. Tired of admins fxking things up.

Shouldve hired Miller instead of Crean when he was at Xavier. You could tell he was a stud coach there and a lot more established than Crean. Its too late to get him now IMO. Tired of admins fxking things up.
That was Greenspan. He's no longer here.

Just saw a clip of the stunt he pulled at the end of the UCLA the other night, they can keep him.

Just saw a clip of the stunt he pulled at the end of the UCLA the other night, they can keep him.
It was a retaliation for when Alford called a TO with a few seconds left with a 5 point lead. Alford said it was in no disrespect but not sure what he was thinking. Seemed to be a lot of praise from the media in it though

It was a retaliation for when Alford called a TO with a few seconds left with a 5 point lead. Alford said it was in no disrespect but not sure what he was thinking. Seemed to be a lot of praise from the media in it though
Yeah I know why he did it, still childish and petty.
Reminds me too much of a former coach, I'm wore out with that crap but of course it doesn't matter what I think
just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT