ADVERTISEMENT

Is 7200 texts over 20 days a lot of texts?

Dunn_IU

Freshman
Sep 28, 2015
Daughter is 4 hrs away at college while her boyfriend stayed home to go to a local school. She's homesick and having a hard time adjusting to the dorm, crowded dining halls, adjusting living away from home. But mainly missing the boyfriend. Just checked Verizon and she had 7200 texts for about a 20 day period. Works out to be about 360 a day or 30 an hour if you assume a 12 hour texting period. I can probably rip off about 30 in ten minutes depending on how much time there is between texts. I can see how distracting 360 texts a day can be if you're trying to concentrate on studying. Just wanted to see if it appears to be out of control before I tell her to cut back on the texting and concentrate on her studies. Can't understand being homesick. I was never homesick for even a minute at IU, so much to do between partying, trying to get laid, intramurals, hanging with friends, etc. Must have raised a special snowflake. But I mainly blame the F'ing boyfriend for messing with her mind.

Daughter is 4 hrs away at college while her boyfriend stayed home to go to a local school. She's homesick and having a hard time adjusting to the dorm, crowded dining halls, adjusting living away from home. But mainly missing the boyfriend. Just checked Verizon and she had 7200 texts for about a 20 day period. Works out to be about 360 a day or 30 an hour if you assume a 12 hour texting period. I can probably rip off about 30 in ten minutes depending on how much time there is between texts. I can see how distracting 360 texts a day can be if you're trying to concentrate on studying. Just wanted to see if it appears to be out of control before I tell her to cut back on the texting and concentrate on her studies. Can't understand being homesick. I was never homesick for even a minute at IU, so much to do between partying, trying to get laid, intramurals, hanging with friends, etc. Must have raised a special snowflake. But I mainly blame the F'ing boyfriend for messing with her mind.

It's very leading-edge of you for suggesting the same things for your own daughter.
tongue.gif

We rented a condo in Florida with some friends. We all left on the same day and about the same time and caught up to them south of Atlanta. Our daughter and her friend in the other car exchanged over 1,000 texts during the trip. We know this because we had changed something in our cell phone plan and Verizon failed to include unlimited texting we had previously.

We received an itemized list of every text. There were some cases of 6 texts / minute. We were able to get Verizon to correct their mistake and we avoided the $600 charge for her tests.

The pace your daughter kept up is impressive/ I can believe how it could be done.

As they say, some are showers and some are growers. Asians are generally of the later.
That may be true, but what I've seen flopping around in the locker room and showers/steamroom/whirlpool in non-erect form has been quite impressive. Are there certain Asian ethnic groups that tend to produce the more well endowed Asian man? Maybe there's a higher quantity of those dudes living in my area. All I know is that I like it! And they like to play. ;)

Reactions: sglowrider
That may be true, but what I've seen flopping around in the locker room and showers/steamroom/whirlpool in non-erect form has been quite impressive. Are there certain Asian ethnic groups that tend to produce the more well endowed Asian man? Maybe there's a higher quantity of those dudes living in my area. All I know is that I like it! And they like to play. ;)

Dunno. I have not really done such an active observational effort!
wink.gif

Did she send any pics to the boyfriend?

Is she at IU? I can swing by and show her how to roll in college.

Threaten him off the record then act on it if necessary. Do it at night and wear all black

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT