ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa v. Penn State

Jan 13, 2010
Iowa fan here, that posted a run down on us prior to our game. Since you guys played PSU immediately after us, I'm curious what you think the outcome of the Hawks headed to Happy Valley will be. Any insight is most welcomed. Thanks & good luck next week. Hope you beat Purdue!!

You guys whipped our arse the worst it's been whipped since the early Kevin Wilson years after he cleaned house.

I actually think we could a beat those guys yesterday. Didn't think that against Iowa.

I see you guys at that Mich/OSU/Wisc/MSU/PSU level....where any team can beat the other fairly evenly.

Based on our game with both, I like your chances.

Penn St. looked disinterested Saturday. It was a game that if IU had its crap together, the Hoosiers win.
You playing them in Happy Valley is tough. They'll be up for your guys. A pick em.
Who do you pick between IU at Monny Friday?

Thanks guys. I think IU handles the Goofs. It won't be a gimmee, but think you should take them. They are very young and will turn the ball over. OK against the run, but can be beaten over the top. Should play to what IU does well. Best of luck.

Reactions: 76-1 and grammy2
Thanks guys. I think IU handles the Goofs. It won't be a gimmee, but think you should take them. They are very young and will turn the ball over. OK against the run, but can be beaten over the top. Should play to what IU does well. Best of luck.

Honestly, the toughest game remaining for Iowa is Purdue. Hate to say it but that program is rolling. Their defense is aggressive and fly around and the offense is best in the conference. I honestly think they may win out in the West. They can score on anybody and the defense is a reflection of Holt. It’s a perfect storm right now and they have Wisky and the Hawks at home. They slipped up early in the year but I don’t see anyone remaining on their schedule that beats them the way they are playing right now.

Reactions: DrakeHawk1
I think you guys can make them one dimensional and I am not sure McSorley has the weapons on outside. I do believe that Miles Sanders is going to be the real deal very patient and able to find cracks. Your run defense is very good.
Offensively I can’t see them stopping your running without committing extra people. I believe Stanley will be able to then take advantage especially with your tight ends. I also am not sure how healthy they will be. We beat them up pretty good and are not even close to your physicality.

Reactions: DrakeHawk1
Iowa fan here, that posted a run down on us prior to our game. Since you guys played PSU immediately after us, I'm curious what you think the outcome of the Hawks headed to Happy Valley will be. Any insight is most welcomed. Thanks & good luck next week. Hope you beat Purdue!!
I had picked your Hawkeyes to win the West before the season started and still think it ends up that way. The early line has PSU -4.5 but if you're a gambler, I'd take Iowa on the spread and moneyline. I'm more impressed with Iowa than PSU this season from what I've seen. The West is surprisingly up for grabs with multiple teams in the mix this season, and I wouldn't mind seeing someone other than Wisconsin give it a shot vs the East in the conference championship.

Thanks guys. I think our general opinion is similar to yours. Many folks are more concerned with Purdue, but we go to Happy Valley on Saturday. One game at a time! Appreciate your time, interest and opinions.

Honestly, the toughest game remaining for Iowa is Purdue. Hate to say it but that program is rolling. Their defense is aggressive and fly around and the offense is best in the conference. I honestly think they may win out in the West. They can score on anybody and the defense is a reflection of Holt. It’s a perfect storm right now and they have Wisky and the Hawks at home. They slipped up early in the year but I don’t see anyone remaining on their schedule that beats them the way they are playing right now.
I think we'll know more this week when they play against MSU. Last year when a pedestrian Iowa team throttled tOSU I thought we turned into an offensive juggernaut. We proceeded to drop the next 2.
Like most teams I think Purdue is better than their worst game and worse than their best game.

Reactions: 76-1
I think we'll know more this week when they play against MSU. Last year when a pedestrian Iowa team throttled tOSU I thought we turned into an offensive juggernaut. We proceeded to drop the next 2.
Like most teams I think Purdue is better than their worst game and worse than their best game.

The OSU defensive secondary is one of their worst in years. IU was able to pass on them to the tune of 322 yards and that is saying something. We aren’t strong in the passing game. No wonder Blough lit them up and Purdue’s offense is the best in the entire conference, IMO.
I think you use your running game to beat PSU. They didn’t stop our true frosh tailbacks. Not the same PSU defense as they had. McSorley and Stanley are both Houdini making guys miss. Never saw two QBs like that under duress make plays.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT