ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Fan Here

GolfHacker1

Benchwarmer
Sep 22, 2014
I can tell you we are concerned about this game. Very concerned. I think it gets down to we shut down your running game, and make you beat us through the air. And hope like hell you can't do this. We do have one shut down corner. We've had some issues with the other corner, but that is also a function of a safety, and it's hard to look good when Desmond King is the other corner. To wit, everything gets thrown at him, and we sometime disguise the secondary so the average fan can't tell if a throw to his side is on him, or the safety.

On another note, should I just Stub Hub tix, or take my chances on a scalper there? The only issue for me being I'd like to sit as close to the 50 as possible, and I'm not sure if scalpers would have these premium tix available? Stadiums haven't been sold out anywhere I've been this season, and this includes Wisconsin and Iowa, but I'm wondering if this also means less tix sold, and less tix available to both scalpers and the secondary market?

Not sure what ticket sales will be like for that games but should be lots of good seats for sale online. Scalpers tickets you take what you get. Our stadium isn't that big so really most seats are good seats. Iowa fans are great FB fans and I hold your program in highest respect. You guys do it the right way and should be proud of what you've built. You guys represent the program imo IU should try to imulate. Your players are our kind of players, and our games are always fun. Here's to a safe injury free game!

Thank you. I hate going to Minnesota. Iowa State can be difficult as can Michigan State. Indiana fans have always treated us well, although I think they are surprised and shocked by my sometimes animated cheering. I mix in some politics with my football! I don't like that thing you do between the 3rd and 4th quarters where your cheerleaders run through our huddle though.

I'm thinking Sections 7 and 26 are the best, and Sections 6 and 27 also being very good. Not too low, but at least 20 rows up?

Am I going down the correct path with respect to tix?

Thank you. I hate going to Minnesota. Iowa State can be difficult as can Michigan State. Indiana fans have always treated us well, although I think they are surprised and shocked by my sometimes animated cheering. I mix in some politics with my football! I don't like that thing you do between the 3rd and 4th quarters where your cheerleaders run through our huddle though.

I'm thinking Sections 7 and 26 are the best, and Sections 6 and 27 also being very good. Not too low, but at least 20 rows up?

Am I going down the correct path with respect to tix?
I think so, but you know what they say about opinions. Like Harsel said above, really all of the seats are pretty good. We are in section 6 and have no complaints. We gave Rutgers an incredulous 'w' two weeks ago and many people were upset. I would be very surprised if we had more than 30k in attendance, just purchase tickets from scalpers. We are definitely a top 20 team thru 3 quarters......this may be a really good game now that Howard and Sudfeld are close to 100 per cent.

I think so, but you know what they say about opinions. Like Harsel said above, really all of the seats are pretty good. We are in section 6 and have no complaints. We gave Rutgers an incredulous 'w' two weeks ago and many people were upset. I would be very surprised if we had more than 30k in attendance, just purchase tickets from scalpers. We are definitely a top 20 team thru 3 quarters......this may be a really good game now that Howard and Sudfeld are close to 100 per cent.
The attendance will be announced at around 40k, like always. Who knows how many will actually show up. I assume most of our fans have given up because we're 4-4 and a game vs an undefeated top 10 team isn't worthy of their presence.

We had 14K unsold for Maryland, and I bet 7500 empty seats yesterday. It's all over. Wisconsin had empty seats when I was up there for our game, and that is somewhat a rivalry. Our only announced sell out is the night game against Minnesota 11/14.

Part of it is a function of t.v., prices, and part of it in Iowa's case was a wholesale revolution after last season's late season meltdown, preceded by several years of mediocrity.

I've have sat through several crappy seasons, rain, freezing rain, 12 hour away game road trips to see us lose etc. etc. ad infinitum... to not show up for an undefeated and ranked Iowa team. But I also have a sickness with respect to Iowa football.

I think next week is a very good college football game, notwithstanding what the east coast media thinks about Iowa -v- Indiana.

We're not all stupid up here, everyone is taking Indiana seriously, as they should be.

Reactions: ichawk24
I can tell you we are concerned about this game. Very concerned. I think it gets down to we shut down your running game, and make you beat us through the air. And hope like hell you can't do this. We do have one shut down corner. We've had some issues with the other corner, but that is also a function of a safety, and it's hard to look good when Desmond King is the other corner. To wit, everything gets thrown at him, and we sometime disguise the secondary so the average fan can't tell if a throw to his side is on him, or the safety.

On another note, should I just Stub Hub tix, or take my chances on a scalper there? The only issue for me being I'd like to sit as close to the 50 as possible, and I'm not sure if scalpers would have these premium tix available? Stadiums haven't been sold out anywhere I've been this season, and this includes Wisconsin and Iowa, but I'm wondering if this also means less tix sold, and less tix available to both scalpers and the secondary market?

We have no sellouts, and plenty of scalpers. But if you want "close to 50," I'd recommend the Internet.

Most IU fans don't understand this thing you call "cheering." Please explain.

Last edited:
Thanks for your concern. Every week we hear about how our Big 10 opponent is concerned about IU's potential. And every week we see that opponent ride off with the win despite that concern.

For the sake of your animated cheering, I'd suggest staying out of section 26 and the part of 27 with seats numbered 1-14. That's mostly players' families who may not be so welcoming to fans of the opposing team. If you get in 27 with a seat number in the 100's (just across the aisle from 1-14), you should be fine. That's my section and we don't mind opposing fans as long as you're having fun and not directing your cheers at other fans. You'd be looking down on the 45 yard line behind the IU bench.

I can't comment on sections 6-7. That side is typically filled with alumni, boosters, etc. I've heard they can be a grumpy lot.

Iowa will have a sellout against Minnesota, after the IU game. Attendance is an issue for many of the reasons already mentioned. TV has been good this year for the Hawkeyes.

The first 3 games of the season have mirrored the three games coming off a bye week on start time and home, away and home ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT