ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Bowl Tickets

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
I just read that 54,000 fans have requested tickets for the Rose Bowl. Think about that, that is enough fans to fill Memorial Stadium. That is just amazing to me, we can't get 40,000 to a home game.Iowa loves their football, no doubt about that!

Our average attendance this year was 44,314.

But yeah, that's impressive. They also managed to stripe out their half of Lucas Oil for the Big Ten title without whining about "gimmicks."

But yeah, that's impressive. They also managed to stripe out their half of Lucas Oil for the Big Ten title without whining about "gimmicks."
I know I was exaggerating a bit on our attendance but we also had Ohio St, Michigan and Iowa at home this year, which pushed up the average a bit.

Reactions: IUHartselCol
I just read that 54,000 fans have requested tickets for the Rose Bowl. Think about that, that is enough fans to fill Memorial Stadium. That is just amazing to me, we can't get 40,000 to a home game.Iowa loves their football, no doubt about that!

Iowa is also now getting more fans at their basketball games than IU this season. They love their basketball too!

Iowa is also now getting more fans at their basketball games than IU this season. They love their basketball too!
Iowa is averaging like 12,000 this year. And that's tickets sold, like us. All of our games are sold out. I realize not everyone shows up (especially the students), but I've seen enough Iowa games to know that they aren't filling that place up.

2qjj7nk.jpg

Reactions: Lujo1986
no way we averaged anywhere near over 44,000 for football "attendance".

either the definition of "attendance" has changed, or we're including anyone within 3 blocks of the stadium as an "attendee".

as for bball, how pathetic is it that we sched game after game after game that is so unappealing that even huge fans who paid for tickets don't even bother to show with good weather..

i don't even bother to watch them on tv they are so bad. (the ones BTN even bothers to televise).

i remember when our exhibition games were against far better competition than much of our current non conf fair.

Last edited:
Iowa is averaging like 12,000 this year. And that's tickets sold, like us. All of our games are sold out. I realize not everyone shows up (especially the students), but I've seen enough Iowa games to know that they aren't filling that place up.

2qjj7nk.jpg

Physical attendance is reported to be more than we are getting right now.

That was the average number of tickets sold, but not the average attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT