ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting (musical) collaborations

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Just scrolling thru youtube the past couple nights,and some videos caught my eye/ear.Any fellow Bonnie Raitt fans out there?

From the 25th RRHOF Anniversary concerts with Crosby/Nash- Always loved Linda Ronstadt's version as well...

Covering classic Jackson Browne with Jackson

Angel From Montgomery- All Star collaboration

speaking of interesting collaborations, no way this should work, but by the end of the song it totally rocks.

Shatner, Joe Jackson, Ben Folds, Common People.

"you'll never watch your life, slide out of view".

The MOST ROCKING collaboration of all time, from rock and roll giants. It gets NO BETTER than THIS.

Reactions: largemouth
speaking of interesting collaborations, no way this should work, but by the end of the song it totally rocks.

Shatner, Joe Jackson, Ben Folds, Common People.

"you'll never watch your life, slide out of view".

ya, i'm bumping my own post.

just think this performance interesting and unique.

Wm Shatner, Sid Vicious meets Julian Assange Joe Jackson , Ben Folds, the band, doing a punked up little known new wave Brit pop kind of thing with Pulp's "Common People".

unlike BR doing "Love Has No Pride" and McCartney and Springsteen rockin' early Beatles, which are both great, but both naturals that should work, no way this should work, and should be an absolute train wreck.. but everybody just totally commits to their part to such an extent, that it somehow works.

rare to see everybody just go all in to that extent, and just make it work with sheer energy.

i think the drummers arms were about to come off, Shat was about to have a full break down, Jackson shows off his pipes, while Ben Folds channels his full Jerry Lee on some retro farfisa looking thing.

Last edited:
The Boss sure has had a busy week.Followed up his gig with Sir Paul last Fri,with a duel appearance at the Laid Back Festival in Jersey last night.Joined Little Steven and Peter wolf during their early set,then joined Jackson Browne for part of his encore.Captured by my bud MajikRat...

They did the segue from Take It Easy into Lady of the Well the same as the album.And the line "Across my home has grown the shadow of a cruel and senseless hand,though in some strong hearts the love and truth remain" struck me as especially poignant.Despite the fact it was written in 1972 or so.Some nice guitar work from Bruce...

I was never quite sure this worked, but it was interesting.

That's kind of how I felt when I saw video of Judy Collins and Stills dueting on Suite:Judy Blue Eyes last week.One one hand the historical significance was pretty amazing,Still's singing "Judy" with the womqn he wrote the song about some 60 yrs or so ago.

Fifty years ago I'd have considred that must see,and Judy has aged pretty well and still has much of her voice.Unfortunately,Stephen has not aged well and his voice is really ragged...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT