ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting data about transfers in the NCAAT

The number of current first year transfers is much lower than this. Many of these transfers are in their second season at current school.

It will be interesting to see how many first year starters in FF. I believe Alabama and NCSU have three first year starters and Illinois has two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tammany Hall
I think every D1 team, win or lose, has culture. I don't think it has a lot to do with winning or losing.
And if true— here we have the end of collegiate sports. It’s here anyway. I get it.

But most anyone actually coaching and playing sports seems to disagree. At least verbally. Water will find its level with NC State but they were dogshit all season until this run. Things are breaking their way which is every March. Thank you Derek Coleman.

And if that’s the way it’s done from now on— let the mercenaries have 4 months to “gel” and then go get yo Natty in March well so be it.
Makes for tough allegiance and sustainability. They were calling for that coaches head 3 weeks ago.

Ask UK/Calapari.
He’s been anti culture for years and to now remain employed has vowed to get back to it.

Curious.

Here are the FF starting rosters with seasons at current school-

UConn
Newton-2 (fifth season and transferred before last season)
Spencer-1 (transfer)
Karaban-2
Clingan-2
Castle-1 (sole remaining starting freshman in tourney)

Purdue
Edey-4
Smith-2
Jones-1 (transfer)
Loyer-2
Gillis-4

NCState
Horne-1 ( fifth season transfer)
Burns-2 (transferred before last season)
Morsell-3 (transferred before a couple seasons back)
Taylor-1 (transfer)
OConnell-1 (transfer)

Alabama
Sears-2 (transferred before last season)
Estrada 1 (transfer and fifth season)
Nelson-1 (transfer)
Griffen-2
Wrightsell-1 (transfer)

NCState and Alabama both have 3 first year transfers starting while UConn and Purdue with one each.

Purdue's culture is about to graduate.
N.C. State had no culture while they were losing, and then 8 games ago their coach was like "Guys, let's try having culture." And the boys were like, "What?" And coach was like, "When you are shooting those jumpers, let your mind go blank and think 'culture!' and the shot will go in!"

And they never looked back. They will never lose again, and it's all thanks to culture.

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
N.C. State had no culture while they were losing, and then 8 games ago their coach was like "Guys, let's try having culture." And the boys were like, "What?" And coach was like, "When you are shooting those jumpers, let your mind go blank and think 'culture!' and the shot will go in!"

And they never looked back. They will never lose again, and it's all thanks to culture.
The coach put them on a diet of yogurt and cheese.

Don't tell N C State that!
NC State had great end year run but I think they had the easiest path of all the FF teams. If Shead doesn't get hurt, Houston wins that game and Duke is done. I will not be surprised to see Purdue blow them out. I was not impressed by Marquette at all this year.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Here are the FF starting rosters with seasons at current school-

UConn

Purdue
Edey-4
Smith-2
Jones-1 (transfer)
Loyer-2
Gillis-4

NCState

Alabama

NCState and Alabama both have 3 first year transfers starting while UConn and Purdue with one each.
Purdue has had the same starting line-up all year long, Kaufman-Renn-2 over Gillis!

Reactions: kkott
Purdue has had the same starting line-up all year long, Kaufman-Renn-2 over Gillis!
That's another guy that I think has really developed since arriving at Purdue: TKR. I was very unimpressed by him prior to this year and thought it laughable that he might be your starting 5 after Edey, but he's looked good, and whether the 4 or 5, he's looked a lot better to me. Still kind of chuckle that the word was he was going to Purdue because CMP would develop his perimeter game, but he's gotten to be a pretty solid 4. Do you think he'll start at the 5 next year, or might Berg or the incoming freshman big be able to start?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT