ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries?

Anyone know about the injuries to Stevie Scott and Sampson James?
Anybody else hurt?
Scott sounds like he will be okay for the bowl game. I don't know what happened to James. The good news is James, Hale, and Bedford have time to get healthier. Ramsey could use some time off too.

Scott sounds like he will be okay for the bowl game. I don't know what happened to James. The good news is James, Hale, and Bedford have time to get healthier. Ramsey could use some time off too.
I worry about Sampson’s injury,looked like his knee was extended in a way that it’s not supposed to bend.

Saw an interview with James after the game and he said he just rolled his ankle a little bit and he would be fine.
Awesome,thanks for the info. Trying to figure out what happened from the replay was not easy,lots of bodies going 10 different ways.
Glad it wasn’t a knee.

Reactions: 76-1
Saw an interview with James after the game and he said he just rolled his ankle a little bit and he would be fine.
Watt had James' left ankle pinned under his leg and then pulled James' upper body in that direction. Looked to me like it was either a sprain or a broken ankle. If it's just a roll, I'm happy.

Last edited:
Looked like he was wanting to go back in shortly after going out. Was staying close to CTA with his helmet on. Then his post game comments. Both good signs. Was really happy for him to play so well and bully his way thru the Purdue D. Was kinda worried he might not live up to the hype...but those fears are completely gone now. He's gonna be a stud for the next 3.

Anyone know about the injuries to Stevie Scott and Sampson James?
Anybody else hurt?
Stevie had his warm ups on and was walking around yesterday. I could be wrong, but I don't think his injury is anything bad.

Sampson's TD run where he carried 6 or so Boilers into the end zone was as powerful of a run as I have seen. He ran very well yesterday. I believe Sampson was walking around after the injury.

Reactions: mk23 and 76-1
Anyone know the recovery time for Penix's injury? If it was a simple clavicle fracture. it would have been close for the bowl game. I wouldn't expect him to play, but he could dress. If he was cleared medically. He could be used in an emergency, or take snaps in a non-contact victory formation.

It won't happen but it would be a good surprise.

Stevie had his warm ups on and was walking around yesterday. I could be wrong, but I don't think his injury is anything bad.

Sampson's TD run where he carried 6 or so Boilers into the end zone was as powerful of a run as I have seen. He ran very well yesterday.

I Really liked the way Stevie was "coaching up" and supporting James when he came to the sideline.

Looks like "LEO" is the real deal on this TEAM...

Reactions: mk23 and midwolfe
Anyone know the recovery time for Penix's injury? If it was a simple clavicle fracture. it would have been close for the bowl game. I wouldn't expect him to play, but he could dress. If he was cleared medically. He could be used in an emergency, or take snaps in a non-contact victory formation.

It won't happen but it would be a good surprise.

Thought I'd read he'll be back for Spring.

I doubt we'll see him in the Bowl game...

Ramsey deserves to start the Bowl game... He's earned it...

Penix is the starter against Wisconsin at their place...

I Really liked the way Stevie was "coaching up" and supporting James when he came to the sideline.

Looks like "LEO" is the real deal on this TEAM...
Stevie is a freaking bear. I kind of feel sorry for the defensive players that come into contact with him. One of my favorite Stevie runs is when he trucked the one Nebraska defender on his way to a TD: didn't even phase him.

I agree Ramsey has earned the start.
I also thought I read they were looking at 2020 spring for Penix

Reactions: TominDallas

I never said he would start. Almost no chance he would be on the field other than to warm up with the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT