ADVERTISEMENT

Indy Star - Replace Assembly Hall? IU's Home is a College Hoops 'Mecca', but it Was Nearly Torn Down

They probably smell of cheap beer, fat girl smegma, desperation and herpes.

Pass ...
On the upside, significantly less herpes since Haas left. Still an abundance of fat girl smegma, though. The noise is also muffled by the amount of pig shit on the boots of the "PaintCrew".

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Even though I’ve been attending games there since 1983, I have no sentimental pull to it and would’ve been all for it being replaced. There are just a handful of great seats and a plethora of bad ones. The biggest asset is its design amplifies the crowd noise so much that it’s one of the loudest arenas in sports. Great for the home team in a big game and it looks and sounds good on TV, but it would be great to have a custom made arena, much like the Pacers facility.

i think it a false myth that new arenas have any more good seats or any less bad seats than AH.

no arena can have more than maybe 3,000 good seats and 7,000 good and ok seats, so most seats suck in any big arena.

with a new arena you'd gain a few just ok seats in the end zones, but you'd lose the steep incline on the sides that make for a much better viewing angle on the side seats in AH.

a side seat in AH that's 50 or 100 ft from the floor, has a much better viewing angle than similarly distanced seats in newer arenas.

people just fail to grasp that no arena has many good seats, and that 17,000 or 14,000, or even 10,000, is way more seats than can be good for bball..

it's that whole "no 2 objects can occupy the same space at the same time", laws of physics thing that screws everything up.

no arena to date has been able to get around said laws of physics problem, nor do i expect one to in the near future..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MrBing
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT