ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana superintendent in legal trouble

https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-...y-seeks-treatment-for-student-under-sons-name

Sigh. Maybe there's more negative to the story; who knows. But the news is enough to make one want to take a nap for a hundred years or so and hope we're in better shape than we are today.
During my daughter's college orientation at Loyola, one of the priests talked to us about social justice. When you come upon someone who's hungry, he said, empathy makes you want to help them get something to eat. But, he said, a commitment to social justice makes you unwilling to accept that anyone should go hungry in the richest nation in human history. I wish more of us thought the way that priest did.

Whatever the facts of this story turn out to be, it is in fact true that people are harmed and even killed by our failure to establish the universal coverage that every other developed country enjoys. This is inexcusable.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/indiana-...y-seeks-treatment-for-student-under-sons-name

Sigh. Maybe there's more negative to the story; who knows. But the news is enough to make one want to take a nap for a hundred years or so and hope we're in better shape than we are today.

She already bought the kid clothes and cleaned his house. And then she decided the kid isn’t getting needed medical care. In Colorado not only should she call child protection, but she probably would be mandated to do that. And I would guess her school system has social workers and counselors on staff to deal with these cases. Where are the kid’s parents? There could be serious legal consequences for a school official giving medical care to a student without parental knowledge or consent. There is a lot of red tape involved in even having a school dispense prescription drugs at school.

My take is that there is a strong personal relationship here that we don’t know. Even with that, she had alternatives to obtain care without passing the student off as her dependent just to get coverage.

She already bought the kid clothes and cleaned his house. And then she decided the kid isn’t getting needed medical care. In Colorado not only should she call child protection, but she probably would be mandated to do that. And I would guess her school system has social workers and counselors on staff to deal with these cases. Where are the kid’s parents? There could be serious legal consequences for a school official giving medical care to a student without parental knowledge or consent. There is a lot of red tape involved in even having a school dispense prescription drugs at school.

My take is that there is a strong personal relationship here that we don’t know. Even with that, she had alternatives to obtain care without passing the student off as her dependent just to get coverage.
Wherein CO sniffs out that liberals might like someone and immediately begins to imagine what might be wrong with her.

Maybe. But there is still more than we know if the school superintendent is helping the student clean his house and buys him clothes. I don’t think that is part of her job description.
Perhaps, but that doesn't make your claim that "kids have strong safety nets" was your main point full of shit. That's some stinky, obvious shit right there. At least have the balls to own up to what you are saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT