ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Men’s Soccer Opens Spring Against Xavier, Valparaiso

snowling

Hall of Famer
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The Indiana men's soccer team opened the program's spring schedule this past Sunday when the team played Xavier and Valparaiso in a pair of 9-vs-9 matches.

"I was pleased to see our group play well against a very disciplined team in Xavier," IU head coach Todd Yeagely said. "Overall, we had good control of the match and scored two very nice goals. We defended well as a team and held them to two shots on the day. I felt our decision making on the ball was a bit inconsistent, however, we looked sharp technically and our spacing was very good at times."

After playing Xavier, the Hoosiers faced off against in-state rival Valparaiso in the Mellencamp Pavilion, coming away with a win.

"After giving up two goals early to a very athletic Valparaiso team, we stayed composed and were able to score 3 nice goals to secure the win," Yeagley remarked. "We have been focusing on our final third play so I was pleased we were able to score three goals in 60 minutes. We had the chance to play all our field players on the roster today, providing our staff with a good evaluation."

For all the latest on Indiana University men's soccer, be sure to follow the team on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.

Go Hoosiers!

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2016/2/22/MSOC_0222162531.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT