ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Athletic Department

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
I feel like FG may have painted himself in a corner.

Fires a football coach who, by all appearances, has a historically under-performing program on the rise and headed to a bowl. Replaces with an assistant (one who clearly has shown his ability to transform a defense).

Now FG has a flailing basketball program at a school where basketball rules.

I should think the ominous specter of a double-whammy next year...a FB program returning to less-than-mediocrity and a BB program continuing it's downward trajectory...really predicated on FG's decision making ...would create an environment where FG would want to act.

Reactions: javboiler1
He probably figured he was golden with Crean when he fired Wilson. It's like he'd never seen this show before.

Apparently, they aren't wanting to talk about the NIT decision. The number I called a couple of weeks ago to explain how we want to see a better brand of basketball has been disconnected. I talked to a live person in the athletic office. I could find another number, but I decided not to bother.

Glass is going into his bunker and ready to ride out the storm of bringing Crean back. The decision to put us on the road could be intended to shield Crean and place the anger of alumni and fans on Glass instead of Crean. I don't think this is heat Glass wants to have. If Glass wants to remain in his job, he needs Crean to do a better job. Retaining Crean and further erosion of the program will take both of them down. I can guarantee a big drop off in ticket sales next year if Crean returns. For the first time since the 90's, my ticket order form is going in the trash if Crean is the coach. We haven't decided what to do about the Varsity club.

I guess we are a football school now!

Apparently, they aren't wanting to talk about the NIT decision. The number I called a couple of weeks ago to explain how we want to see a better brand of basketball has been disconnected. I talked to a live person in the athletic office. I could find another number, but I decided not to bother.

Glass is going into his bunker and ready to ride out the storm of bringing Crean back. The decision to put us on the road could be intended to shield Crean and place the anger of alumni and fans on Glass instead of Crean. I don't think this is heat Glass wants to have. If Glass wants to remain in his job, he needs Crean to do a better job. Retaining Crean and further erosion of the program will take both of them down. I can guarantee a big drop off in ticket sales next year if Crean returns. For the first time since the 90's, my ticket order form is going in the trash if Crean is the coach. We haven't decided what to do about the Varsity club.

I guess we are a football school now!

I feel like FG may have painted himself in a corner.

Fires a football coach who, by all appearances, has a historically under-performing program on the rise and headed to a bowl. Replaces with an assistant (one who clearly has shown his ability to transform a defense).

Now FG has a flailing basketball program at a school where basketball rules.

I should think the ominous specter of a double-whammy next year...a FB program returning to less-than-mediocrity and a BB program continuing it's downward trajectory...really predicated on FG's decision making ...would create an environment where FG would want to act.

At least we have academics. No wait, that's Northwestern, MI, IL, Wisconsin,.......

I heard glass did great things for women's basketball. Hoo hoo Hoosiers!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT