ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana at MD

IU’s match notes

KEY STORYLINES: Indiana men's soccer owns a three-game winning streak coming into a Big Ten road match at Maryland - a meeting that's pivotal for both teams (per usual). IU's recent form has put them in contention for the conference regular season crown going into the final two weeks of play. Maryland, traditionally a league power like IU, is trying to keep its Big Ten Tournament hopes alive after going winless from its first six conference matches.

IU has won as a team, and three Hoosiers have led the way. Senior defender Joey Maher, the reigning Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week, has captained IU to six shutouts. Junior forward Samuel Sarver has provided two goals and two assists in IU's last three matches. And senior forward Karsen Henderlong has supplemented Sarver's production with three goals of his own in IU's last four games.

"Haven't had success since they moved from club level to become a Varsity program"
I remember listening to Fisch calling an IU College Cup game in my dorm room.
Yeagley’s father didn’t take a long time with finals appearances in ‘76 and ‘78.

Live on BTN 8:30

What is going on with Maryland-awful season by their standards.
They play a ton of freshmen, to begin with. They missed three penalty shots early on that would have changed the outcome of games. And their shots are just "not going in." I thought they had it solved after some non-conference wins, until a second-half collapse last Sunday resulting in a draw at Michigan State.

They just aren't that good this year. Maybe if they keep these promising freshmen around next year it'll get better...

Reactions: GeddyHoosier
Live on BTN 8:30

What is going on with Maryland-awful season by their standards.
Yes, but a road win at MD won’t get sneezed at, regardless. MD needs the win to improve their Big 10 tourney chances. This is effectively an elimination game for MD.

OMG

It's gonna be a long game if that guy in the booth with the announcers keeps screaming. It's like that chick at Penn State that used to scream at the top of her lungs during basketball games

Reactions: muubell
Late GOAL 83’ scored by Indiana Samuel Sarver, bottom left of goal off left foot; Assist by Henderlong, Karsen.

Provides go ahead margin after MD scored the equalizer 15’ after Barger’s score.

Final IU 2 MD 1

Sraver is really carrying this team, but nice to start getting some contributions from others as well.

it’s also nice to have some good discussion on the Soccer Board here. It’s often pretty lonely place, so thanks to all for joining in and let’s stick around. The season is starting to get very interesting.

Nice job, Indiana. I'm glad your player didn't slip on the track while celebrating his game-winner. Looked like he almost did.

Good luck going forward...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT