ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana +5 @ Illinois ...

I'm hoping the prospects of being ranked with a win is enough to

motivate this IU team. I do believe they can win a lot of games when they give full effort, even with Hanner missed.

I'm also really hoping IU can prove all the people who are *excitedly* saying "you'll see the real IU team come out over the next 4 games" dead wrong. People like that really annoy me. It is no more valid to judge IU by the toughest 4 game stretch of the season, sans Hanner, as it would be to judge IU by the creampuffs they played in OOC play at home. But in any case, lets see what happens, maybe IU will even outperform the expectations of those of us who are optimistically inclined.

Being ranked means nothing to me and isn't that much of a motivator

But beating a decent Illinois team in their house would get me excited. A road win after the pathetic loss at MSU would also be a motivator. Finally, a road win in the B1G excites me. But a ranking is so...uh...dependent on what others think and that is so unimportant.

If the coaches and the team leaders cannot get excited and furthermore can't get others motivated that then will be the legacy of this team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT