ADVERTISEMENT

IND/NEB to kick at 7:30.

It's our most likely win of the remaining games. We need 3 out of 4 vs Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland, and Purdue. Not much chance in the other 5.
I think PU is better than MSU. We took MSU's ranking at face value but they looked pretty rough. I would throw that one in the mix of possibilities. I agree we have almost no shot at UM, OSU and PSU.

It's our most likely win of the remaining games. We need 3 out of 4 vs Nebraska, Rutgers, Maryland, and Purdue. Not much chance in the other 5.
Even though it's in East Lansing, I wouldn't concede the MSU game. And I think we have a shot at UC. I agree, though, that OSU, UM and PSU are likely losses. I was thinking perhaps PSU was overrated until they proceeded to dismantle Auburn on the road.

I am so OVER the road games being at night. Not that it will really matter, Nebraska has proven that they don't apply to the conventional logic that a home team will play better in primetime, but still, objectively speaking, we're looking at a 3-1 Indiana against a 1-3 Nebraska. If you aren't an Indiana fan or Nebraska fan, there's no way you turn on that game, it's built to be on at noon or 3:30. The only games that are less interesting in the B1G that week are PSU-NW at PSU and OSU-RU at OSU.

The two best games of the week in the B1G (IMO) are Michigan-Iowa and PU-Minnesota and both kickoff at noon. One of those should be a 3:30 or 7:30 and we should be at noon, but ofc FOX/BTN think Primetime is noon for UM-Iowa, and ESPN has the rights to PU-Minnesota and thinks that game is an afterthought(and nationally, it is an afterthought) so they're also at noon. Fox just kills me with their logic, some weeks, your biggest game takes priority over the ACC/SEC and can be on at 3:30 or 7:30.

Notable games to be on at noon this year: Alabama-Texas, UM-Iowa, UM-OSU, OSU-PSU and remember that's just the ones that have been released, UM-PSU(among others) may also be at noon and according to Joel Klatt via his podcast, it will be at Noon on Fox. The three best games(again IMO) in the B1G this year will all be played at noon, just classic Fox.

Even though it's in East Lansing, I wouldn't concede the MSU game. And I think we have a shot at UC. I agree, though, that OSU, UM and PSU are likely losses. I was thinking perhaps PSU was overrated until they proceeded to dismantle Auburn on the road.
I think we could give them a battle in Bloomington, but we don't ever seem to play well at their place.

Auburn isn't Auburn this year.... Don't put too much stock in that game just yet

I think we could give them a battle in Bloomington, but we don't ever seem to play well at their place.
They don’t look like themselves on D. Penix looked great last Saturday but they had receivers running free all over the field. Definitely not the Spartan defense we’ve come to expect.

They don’t look like themselves on D. Penix looked great last Saturday but they had receivers running free all over the field. Definitely not the Spartan defense we’ve come to expect.
MSU had quite literally the worst pass defense in the country last year, this is nothing new. But in our game last year between the terrible O-line play, uncreative play calling, and a mediocre performance from Tuttle our offense only netted 7 points. I think Bell is a better play caller, but I don't think the other two areas that needed an upgrade have improved enough for us to make up the difference now that this one is on the road.

Reactions: midwolfe
MSU had quite literally the worst pass defense in the country last year, this is nothing new. But in our game last year between the terrible O-line play, uncreative play calling, and a mediocre performance from Tuttle our offense only netted 7 points. I think Bell is a better play caller, but I don't think the other two areas that needed an upgrade have improved enough for us to make up the difference now that this one is on the road.
Their strength under Dantonio was always at the front of their D, but it was generally good from front to back. Tucker is a defensive guy, so I’m sure he’ll get that figured out. In the meantime, it’s UC for us.

Go Hoosiers.

Reactions: vesuvius13
You don’t think CB is an upgrade over Tuttle?!!

so far, a bad game for CB is better than a good Tuttle

Reactions: midwolfe
I actually think Penn State is probably the most impressive team in the conference so far, other than maybe Minnesota (whose stats, both traditional and advanced, look amazing, but who haven't played anyone yet).

I was pretty skeptical about Franklin coming into this year, and semi-expected him to be trending towards the hotseat, but man, they look legit this year. Everyone pretty much had Michigan pegged as a lock for second in the East, but I don't know about that anymore.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I actually think Penn State is probably the most impressive team in the conference so far, other than maybe Minnesota (whose stats, both traditional and advanced, look amazing, but who haven't played anyone yet).

I was pretty skeptical about Franklin coming into this year, and semi-expected him to be trending towards the hotseat, but man, they look legit this year. Everyone pretty much had Michigan pegged as a lock for second in the East, but I don't know about that anymore.
They arely got past the PUkes.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Their secondary was awful last year and is awful this year. Mike shredded them six ways to Sunday. Thusfar tucker is all social media hype.

You don’t think CB is an upgrade over Tuttle?!!

so far, a bad game for CB is better than a good Tuttle
Lol I didn't say that at all actually. I said I don't think he's enough of an upgrade for us to have a shot against MSU on the road later this year.

Lol I didn't say that at all actually. I said I don't think he's enough of an upgrade for us to have a shot against MSU on the road later this year.
CB is a huge upgrade, enough to make up for mediocre OL - we’ll see

CB is a huge upgrade, enough to make up for mediocre OL - we’ll see
I respectfully disagree, at his best he's a huge upgrade. But he's proven to be inconsistent against even bad defenses for long stretches of the first three games and MSU has a good enough offense where getting three good drives from Bazelak probably won't be enough to win on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT