ADVERTISEMENT

IHSAA Title Games

CF77

Redshirt
Oct 17, 2007
The IHSAA Title Games are being held this Saturday At Victory Field

Tickets are $10 and you can go to all 3 games

Two Hoosier Baseball commits are expected to be the starting pitchers .

'18 Commit Mike Dunkelberger (St. Joe's) at 2pm

'17 Commit Nick Eaton (Cathedral) at 5pm

All games will be aired Live on FOX SPORTS INDIANA also

Last edited:
Reactions: RBB89 and snowling
The IHSAA Title Games are being held this Saturday At Victory Field

Tickets are $10 and you can go to all 3 games

Two Hoosier Baseball commits are expected to be the starting pitchers .

'18 Commit Mike Dunkelberger (St. Joe's) at 2pm

'17 Commit Nick Eaton (Cathedral) at 5pm

All games will be aired Live on FOX SPORTS INDIANA also
Dunkelberger was fantastic today. CG shutout for the 3a titile. Flashed his 3 pitch mix (fastball, curveball, changeup) with a filthy curve. 11-5 shape to it, tends to flatten out when he tries to throw it for a strike. 3 quality pitches, and has put away type stuff. Mid to upper 80s with the FB. Really composed on the mound, some good moxie as he worked out a couple jams early, but was on cruise control past the 3rd inning. Needs to get better out of the stretch, but a lot to like about this 2018 prospect. Kid reminds me of Kyle Hart/Joey Denato mix.

Reactions: dr.jb and snowling
Watched the Cathedral vs Penn game the second baseman for Cathedral was on fire. Made a Willie Mays catch over the shoulder and he has a good bat. Kafka was his name.

Eaton was really good as well. Went 8 innings (110-120 pitches) and got the win. The fastball has some cut to it in the upper 80s, and a really good curve with 11-5 shape. He comes around the curve sometimes giving it a more 10-4 slider type action. I guess you could call it a slurve, but he tends to throw the former more consistently. Had some command issues with pitches at times, like to see him tighten that up as he grows. But the kid made pitches when he needed too, if he got behind he was able to work out of it. May not be able to do that at the next level, but he has all the tools. Was very demonstrative on the mound in a good way, and with his big 6'4" frame as he fills out he could be a good one.

Comparison to current guys like Salfrank/Beauchamp, kinda reminded me of a guy I played with in HS and current San Diego Padre Clayton Richard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT