ADVERTISEMENT

if you took out the crap games I wonder where our defense would rank

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
I don't buy it that we are a defensive juggernaut, we held of lot of the bad teams down but mainly because they shot terribly, it seems like we struggle to get good looks and our opponents get a lot of uncontested 3s, and when Kopp and Stewart are in the game together, we get broke down off the dribble quite easily, On the offensive side of the ball we need to get Stewart more decent looks, that kid is one of the best shooters in the country

We lack speed on defense Michigan exposed us. We also don't have length which will change next year I expect our defense will be better next year under Mike and the kids coming in.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
We lack speed on defense Michigan exposed us. We also don't have length which will change next year I expect our defense will be better next year under Mike and the kids coming in.
True, this is a rebuilding/get by year. Some crazies thought we'd be F4 good, but that's not even fool's gold, they do have some talent coming and for that I pardon them for a year, but one year only

I don't buy it that we are a defensive juggernaut, we held of lot of the bad teams down but mainly because they shot terribly, it seems like we struggle to get good looks and our opponents get a lot of uncontested 3s, and when Kopp and Stewart are in the game together, we get broke down off the dribble quite easily, On the offensive side of the ball we need to get Stewart more decent looks, that kid is one of the best shooters in the country
Kopp is horrid and bad attitude, cares more about tongue wagging, Facebook, and throwing an occasional shot to the stands than winning. He is the walking definition, Websters, of can't hit the broad side of a Barn. Hate to be so harsh, but its true. My original assessment of him and Robbie Eggers stands. JHC, i don't even know if I could throw it out of the park so bad as a couple I've seen, needs to go

Kopp is horrid and bad attitude, cares more about tongue wagging, Facebook, and throwing an occasional shot to the stands than winning. He is the walking definition, Websters, of can't hit the broad side of a Barn. Hate to be so harsh, but its true. My original assessment of him and Robbie Eggers stands. JHC, i don't even know if I could throw it out of the park so bad as a couple I've seen, needs to go
What?

Yes, he's no good. I played with plenty of no good a-holes, Brian Evans among them, but this dude certainly has to go, it just has to happen, he's like Evan's with no talent.
Wow dude do you need some help?

Zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzz

Oh really? I've lived a life and know some things and maybe can see them faster than you, sorry if I'm not gushing over our 18 point loss to MI and how we build upon that

lmao ....

Kenpom is pace neutral and SOS balanced. If you don't understand what that means you probably shouldn't be posting this. The SOS balance is basically the whole damn gist of his system. Plus it's easier to gain better efficiency numbers playing against good teams, than bad ones. If you removed all the bad teams the rating would go, up.

You're saying silly stuff ..

Ugh there's more "the uncontested three stuff" .. that, is verifiably stupid .. we're currently letting team shoot 33% in conference, which was at 29% before Michigan. 33% is still slightly better than average, while 29% was top 4. We also don't give up many threes again above average.. We're also 1st, or 2nd in conference games in 2pt defense. So, ugh, yeaaa...

Losing to Michigan is not a valid excise to say stupid shit.. please stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Oh really? I've lived a life and know some things and maybe can see them faster than you, sorry if I'm not gushing over our 18 point loss to MI and how we build upon that
You sound like you need some real help wasn't being funny. I have no idea what angle you are trying to come from

lmao ....

Kenpom is pace neutral and SOS balanced. If you don't understand what that means you probably shouldn't be posting this. The SOS balance is basically the whole damn gist of his system. Plus it's easier to gain better efficiency numbers playing against good teams, than bad ones.

You're saying silly stuff ..

Ugh there's more "the uncontested three stuff" that is verifiably stupid .. we're currently letting team shoot 33% in conference, which was 29% before Michigan. 33% is still slight better than average, while 29% was top 4. We also don't give up many threes .. We're also first, in conference games in 2pt defense. So, ugh, yeaaa...

Losing to Michigan is not a valid excise to say stupid shit.. please stop.
and now it's like 1/3, do you realize the stupidity

You sound like you need some real help wasn't being funny. I have no idea what angle you are trying to come from
Coming from the angle of I'd like to see one more good team in my lifetime, and idiots like you ruin that goal with putting up with bad actors and placating bad bball

Coming from the angle of I'd like to see one more good team in my lifetime, and idiots like you ruin that goal with putting up with bad actors and placating bad bball
^^^^^

It's an idiot vs idiot fight ..

awesome

What are you even talking about?

Are you kidding me? That is not how any of this works. Just last week we held the #4 team to well below their season average in points.

I know… You should cherry pick all the games you prefer to include in your defensive statistics and post your results. I’m sure it will become the new standard in measuring levels of idiocy…

... and if you took out our losses, we'd be undefeated!

And, I don't believe PS is one of the best shooters in the country. The country's best shooters, should have a FT % better than 66%. And, you can say he doesn't have a ton of attempts (but that logic factors in to his loftier 3 pt % too!), but the best he's ever shot was 80% from the line, which is very good, but not at the level of the best shooters. 90% is that level to me.

... and if you took out our losses, we'd be undefeated!

And, I don't believe PS is one of the best shooters in the country. The country's best shooters, should have a FT % better than 66%. And, you can say he doesn't have a ton of attempts (but that logic factors in to his loftier 3 pt % too!), but the best he's ever shot was 80% from the line, which is very good, but not at the level of the best shooters. 90% is that level to me.
his free throw percentage would be much better if he had more attempts, He is a pure shooter that we don't take advantage of.

his free throw percentage would be much better if he had more attempts, He is a pure shooter that we don't take advantage of.
I don't care about his FTs much, but he should shoot more. He drilled 3 in a row when it was too late against MI, and he forced at least one, maybe 2 of those. He should force some contested threes every game IMO.

Reactions: kkott
I don't care about his FTs much, but he should shoot more. He drilled 3 in a row when it was too late against MI, and he forced at least one, maybe 2 of those. He should force some contested threes every game IMO.
he needs screens or sets run to get him open, if he played for crean he would average about 18 a game

Who is saying we are a “juggernaut”? What do the real measurements show? Not cherry picked games. We are a good defensive team. And like everything, some games we are better than in others. And it averages out in the end.

Reactions: Al Bino
But, it's likely not going to be better than the roughly 77-78% he's been at for the rest of his college career. I don't think kids practice FTs as much now, but to me, a great shooter is going to be right at or better than the 90% FT mark. The guys I remember as great 3 pt shooters all were close to 90%.

and I think a "great shooter" would.

The whole thing is just simply absurd, we should expect to kick ass every time out, and until we do, nothing changed. I believe in this staff though and they are changing it

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Dude, I played against these guys. Evans was very talented (and a prick) as was Steve Hart (not a prick), as was Corey Legourt (spelling, but an OK guy). Trent Jones was a pretty damn good basketball player too and a nice guy

Dude, I played against these guys. Evans was very talented (and a prick) as was Steve Hart (not a prick), as was Corey Legourt (spelling, but an OK guy). Trent Jones was a pretty damn good basketball player too and a nice guy
was in a suite with Evans at the BTT the year Dakich lost to Minnesota was a super nice guy, , he was on the phone with Calipari half the night, Cal wanted the IU job bad was trying to get Brian to help him, should have hired him but he had no chance after Sampson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT