ADVERTISEMENT

If you had three coaching options only

rockout1

Recruit
Oct 21, 2012
I know this is hypothetical but if you had three options to who coaches IU for the next six years (beginning next season) which would you choose?

1. Clappy remains the coach.
2. Rick Pitino is hired as the new coach.
3. John Calpari is hired as the new coach.

3. I think Cal is less sleazy these days. I don't mind him. I hate UK, but Cal doesn't seem like too bad a dude. Pitino is a slimeball.

Reactions: birdforpar
Crean. If you pick the other two I wouldn't consider you a Hoosier to be honest.

I know this is hypothetical but if you had three options to who coaches IU for the next six years (beginning next season) which would you choose?

my choice would be to immediately fire the AD for only leaving me with those 3 options

if I AM the AD, I'd resign from embarrassment

Crean. If you pick the other two I wouldn't consider you a Hoosier to be honest.

Huh? So, to pick the worst coach out of a choice of 3 coaches to lead our program is to be disloyal to our program?

My first choice would be Calipari. He certainly has his shortcomings -- but there's no denying the results he's gotten at UK. And, while I don't think Cal's 1-and-done strategy is good for college basketball, he's not a cheater.

My second choice would be Pitino. His best days might be behind him. But he's still fielding highly competitive teams. That said, I don't buy for a second that he was in the dark about the hookers. So, I'd go with Cal over Pitino.

Crean's a distant third.

Reactions: kkott
Is this a serious question? If I could hand pick any coach currently in college basketball it would be Calipari in less than a second. I don't even see how it's open for debate.

Without a doubt clappy. You have no idea what he inherited!!

Let's see...

Annoying yapper with underachieving teams

A dorm full of greasy hookers

A bunch of mercenaries who never set foot on campus

A would choose Butler.

My three options would be:

1. Better defense
2. An offense that controlled the ball better
3. An offense that used more screens than just ball screens.

The rest of this discussion is just fantasy.

I would use all 3. Calipari will be the recruiter, Pitino will run the practices and coach the game, I would keep Crean around as the emotional support/cheerleader and make sure every player has enough water/Gaterade, diet coke.

Interesting responses. I was surprised that a couple would want to keep Crean more than have Pitino or Cal for 6 years. Maybe Tom is going to turn things around.

Interesting responses. I was surprised that a couple would want to keep Crean more than have Pitino or Cal for 6 years. Maybe Tom is going to turn things around.
It was more my disdain for the other coaches than what Crean has done. I would never want Cal coaching IU and Pitino has had to much off the court stuff lately.

Crean doesn't belong on that list. I would revise it to;

1. Cal
2. Pitino
3. Donovan

It's all in the family now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT