ADVERTISEMENT

If you didn't like that episode of GOT Goat

patrick593

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 12, 2007
Columbus, OH
then you can go straight to hell...

That was the most upsetting episode since the red wedding.
It was a great episode for this alone:
CjG2A99WYAEeAS9.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dusto nomo and C-$
I haven't watched yet. Later.

Purposefully avoiding looking at anything in this thread, but from the preview, I'm going to assume the upsetting part is a death:
I predict Rickon.

Brienne is going back to the river country, will we see Lady Stoneheart? Or is Littlefinger plotting and fking someone over, again.
I feel pretty confident they aren't doing lady stoneheart. She is going there to facilitate the Jamie / Brienne head to head. I don't think it'll be like the books where she is forced to kill him. She'll just be on the opposite sides of invading Lanisters and have to choose

I feel pretty confident they aren't doing lady stoneheart. She is going there to facilitate the Jamie / Brienne head to head. I don't think it'll be like the books where she is forced to kill him. She'll just be on the opposite sides of invading Lanisters and have to choose
But .... Jamie and Brienne have one very important thing in common. they each swore oaths to Catelyn.

Reactions: patrick593
@T.M.P. I am starting to think that R+L=J+M. I need to rewatch tonight's episode, but I am starting to think it.
Yea, I'm thinking it's possible. I don't see the need for it but ... there was no need for Griff either.

Also, it seems they're doing a few things from book 4/5 they skipped over last year. Sending Brienne to the Riverlands.. (there was no reason for it to be her) So... I smell Lady Stoneheart. < yea gross.

@T.M.P. I am starting to think that R+L=J+M. I need to rewatch tonight's episode, but I am starting to think it.
Hey fwiw - there's one reason I'm still skeptical. I cannot find any foreshadowing or anything that even seems to mention her. And, you can't just go 6 books (or seasons) into a story and go "TA DA, she's Jon's sister". Ya get me?

Well, at least the Hodor scene clears up the time travel questions.

Dany and Jorah was sickly sweet to the point of vomiting.

I hate to say it, but I'm getting sick of Arya's storyline. She's been treading water since she showed up in Braavos.

Yea, I'm thinking it's possible. I don't see the need for it but ... there was no need for Griff either.
Told ya.

This was a good setup episode. It put pieces in place for a big week next week, but it also accomplished some actual plot movement of its own so as not to bore the viewer. That's how it should be done.

Hey fwiw - there's one reason I'm still skeptical. I cannot find any foreshadowing or anything that even seems to mention her. And, you can't just go 6 books (or seasons) into a story and go "TA DA, she's Jon's sister". Ya get me?
Yeah, that would be bad writing. Almost like introducing a fake heir to the throne whose only narrative purpose is to get one of the main characters down a river and distract the reader. Or introducing a new storyline about one of the bad guys' fiercest enemies putting into motion a 15-year long plot to ally with the exiled royal family to get revenge, only to have the main player in the plot show up in town and promptly get his flesh burned off his bones.

Ahem.

I hate to say it, but I'm getting sick of Arya's storyline. She's been treading water since she showed up in Braavos.
What is her purpose? I still haven't figured it out. Yea, that arc is going nowhere, much like the books, where it was doing the same.

That scene with her and the mummers play was way too long. I think everyone got it within seconds. Why stay there and make us watch a dumb play only to have the same reaction from her?

fwiw - I liked this episode, probably the best so far this year, but that scene was crap.

Well, at least the Hodor scene clears up the time travel questions.

Dany and Jorah was sickly sweet to the point of vomiting.

Told ya.

This was a good setup episode. It put pieces in place for a big week next week, but it also accomplished some actual plot movement of its own so as not to bore the viewer. That's how it should be done.
Interesting to me that no one has really even touched on the fact that we know where the white walkers come from, or at least the whytes. The freaking children of the corn made them.

And I agree with:
What about R+L=J+D? Any thought they are long lost TWIIIIINNNSSS? That makes some sense to me. Both are "prince that were promised" well maybe that makes sense because they were of the same womb.

Yeah, that would be bad writing. Almost like introducing a fake heir to the throne whose only narrative purpose is to get one of the main characters down a river and distract the reader. Or introducing a new storyline about one of the bad guys' fiercest enemies putting into motion a 15-year long plot to ally with the exiled royal family to get revenge, only to have the main player in the plot show up in town and promptly get his flesh burned off his bones.

Ahem.

*sigh* ....

What is her purpose? I still haven't figured it out. Yea, that arc is going nowhere, much like the books, where it was doing the same.

That scene with her and the mummers play was way too long. I think everyone got it within seconds. Why stay there and make us watch a dumb play only to have the same reaction from her?

fwiw - I liked this episode, probably the best so far this year, but that scene was crap.
I agree... about Arya. I think ultimately her role will be killing Cersi. She'll get away with things until the end and Arya will be there to take her down

Reactions: Bill4411
Interesting to me that no one has really even touched on the fact that we know where the white walkers come from, or at least the whytes. The freaking children of the corn made them.

And I agree with:

What about R+L=J+D? Any thought they are long lost TWIIIIINNNSSS? That makes some sense to me. Both are "prince that were promised" well maybe that makes sense because they were of the same womb.
They know exactly when D was born and to whom.

I liked last week and this week both, but to be honest, episode 3 was such utter shit that it would be impossible for these last two episodes to not look good by comparison.

I liked last week and this week both, but to be honest, episode 3 was such utter shit that it would be impossible for these last two episodes to not look good by comparison.

I also hate what they did with Littlefinger.

End of last week.
"Time to get into the fray"....

This week.
"Go away, my butthole hurts" ...

"Okay".

I know there's more to it and Littlefinger will fk someone over again, most likely Sansa, but WTF?

Reactions: Rakkasan29
Then who is Aryia killing? She isn't doing all this training to kill no one.
There are only a few people left on her list.

Also I will be in your city Thursday night
Beats the hell out of me. Maybe she'll be given an assignment to kill someone she knows and doesn't want to kill. I'm with TMP on this one - can't figure out what the hell her purpose is.

Her wolf is still out there in the Riverlands somewhere. Maybe that's related to her destiny.

I also hate what they did with Littlefinger.

End of last week.
"Time to get into the fray"....

This week.
"Go away, my butthole hurts" ...

"Okay".

I know there's more to it and Littlefinger with fk someone over again, most likely Sansa, but WTF?
Sansa's characterization changed dramatically this season without the necessary scenes to explain the change. She's still a bitch, but a much different kind of bitch. I think it's pretty clear the writers want the viewers to root for her harder than they ever have. Which means she'll either help Jon take back the North, or just when we all think she'll be a heroine, she'll get offed.

Beats the hell out of me. Maybe she'll be given an assignment to kill someone she knows and doesn't want to kill. I'm with TMP on this one - can't figure out what the hell her purpose is.

Her wolf is still out there in the Riverlands somewhere. Maybe that's related to her destiny.
With a pack that numbers a 1000 +/- or something right? ..

she's killing someone... as for the wolves. I think they're essentially worthless at this point. All but 2 are dead, and only 1 is actually in the fight.
Only thing I can think of is Cersi or someone hiring her to kill someone. Or her having to kill someone she doesn't want to die like snow etc

she's killing someone... as for the wolves. I think they're essentially worthless at this point. All but 2 are dead, and only 1 is actually in the fight.
Only thing I can think of is Cersi or someone hiring her to kill someone. Or her having to kill someone she doesn't want to die like snow etc
Obviously. the D&D could be going off the rails, but GRRM has been on the record that the wolves are extremely important.

Sansa's characterization changed dramatically this season without the necessary scenes to explain the change. She's still a bitch, but a much different kind of bitch. I think it's pretty clear the writers want the viewers to root for her harder than they ever have. Which means she'll either help Jon take back the North, or just when we all think she'll be a heroine, she'll get offed.

Yup, do you also notice that Jon is being written as taking a back seat to her. He's even fuzzy in her scenes. Like she has authority in family matters and such. I'm thinking she's fk'd. She is right now the head of the Stark family, and that's not something anyone has done well with. In a normal cliche story land she would get to kill Ramsey, and marry Poderick Payne who would pound her into eternal bliss. I miss the Pod, Bron and Tyrion dynamic.

Yup, do you also notice that Jon is being written as taking a back seat to her. He's even fuzzy in her scenes. Like she has authority in family matters and such. I'm thinking she's fk'd. She is right now the head of the Stark family, and that's not something anyone has done well with. In a normal cliche story land she would get to kill Ramsey, and marry Poderick Payne who would pound her into eternal bliss. I miss the Pod, Bron and Tyrion dynamic.
She's not the head of the family, though. Not until Bran and Rickon are both dead. Male-line primogeniture and all that. But, obviously, Rickon's not long for this world. No one wants him to be a main character, and with Shaggydog gone, he's got no protector. I'm assuming Rickon bites it this season. Of course, if Jon is actually a Targ and not a Stark, then he can't lead the Stark family, either. So if mystical Bran doesn't eventually come back and take over, it will have to be one of the girls.

She's not the head of the family, though. Not until Bran and Rickon are both dead. Male-line primogeniture and all that. But, obviously, Rickon's not long for this world. No one wants him to be a main character, and with Shaggydog gone, he's got no protector. I'm assuming Rickon bites it this season. Of course, if Jon is actually a Targ and not a Stark, then he can't lead the Stark family, either. So if mystical Bran doesn't eventually come back and take over, it will have to be one of the girls.
Fair enough, good point.

She's still fk'd though.

As for as Cersei, "Little Sibling"... Jamie or Arya?... hmmm. They are both little siblings.

I'm still waiting for The Mountain pounding Cersei scene. lol ...

Fair enough, good point.

She's still fk'd though.

As for as Cersei, "Little Sibling"... Jamie or Arya?... hmmm. They are both little siblings.

I'm still waiting for The Mountain pounding Cersei scene. lol ...
Has to be Jaime. That's the kind of twist that's been gradually getting served to us ever since Cersei first mentioned Maggy. And Jaime and Cersei started drifting apart the minute Joffrey died.

Losing Hodor and Shaggydog in the same episode.. damn those white walkers!
Summer is Bran's wolf? Where is Shaggy Dog? That's Rickons wolf.

Wait, I only heard a wolf yep, didn't see it die, was grabbing coffee. It was Bran's, right?

Aside:
Can we talk about how nonsensical this time paradox is? All time paradoxes are dumb, but they usually at least follow a standard logical form:
A happens in the past, and is later explained by B in the future.

Harry Potter had a classic example. Harry thought his dad came back from the dead to save him from the dementors. But then he realized he had seen his future self, which gave him the confidence to summon the patronus himself. Does it make sense? Of course not. But it fits together neatly and solves a problem.

Hodor's time paradox is much stupider, because the problem it solves only exists because of the solution to the problem. If Hodor had never gone forward in time and become an idiot, then he wouldn't have needed to go forward in time and become an idiot. With the dementors, the problem existed outside of the time travel, and the time travel fixed it. With Back to the Future, the problem is often created by time travel, and then time travel fixed it. But with Hodor, it was the solution to the problem that created the problem in the first place. It's nonsense on multiple levels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT