ADVERTISEMENT

If we don't get him, everyone should ask for their NIL money back

It's very simple to me. We need a coaching staff who knows what the hell they're doing, recruit good high school players who want to represent Indiana University, and while they're at it, work towards getting a degree. Screw these primi donnas and their blood sucking agents who only care about making the "league ". Let them make the league on someone else's dime.
I’m all for landing some HS talent but is Ware a “primi donna“ for caring about making the league? The “good old days” are long gone and I don’t get why players that want to play at the highest level, and make cash, are characterized so negatively.

Anyone have player metrics for Gallo? Why should he not be a starter? I see energy, hustle, defense, and some ability to get shots when the "offense" breaks down. Kid was the only leader on the team this season.
I love much/most of Gallos game but for us to have a higher ceiling he would be great as a 20 minute a game 6th man (kind of like the junior Sheehey role). He does a lot of positive things, which is why I’d still like him to play 20 minutes, but in today’s game getting 26% from three and 53% from the FT, from your 2G, is not optimal.

We need to upgrade the 1 and 2.

Add Terence Edward Jones from James Madison to the list…..he entered portal and put name in draft

Has Zeke Mayo from SDSU entered the portal yet?

If we can't get someone like Mack, Mayo, Gillespi, etc... then you're right, Cuban and company should pull their money back until we have a coaching change.
Not Cubans money

Biggest no brainer of the off season. Give him a million

Are you changing your mind on NIL for next season?

Personally, Id rank them so far like this of importance:
1- Perkins
2- Tyson
3- Dia
4- Tucker
5- Hickman

Someone pointed out Malik Mack is Gtown/Md bound? Those five would be a home run in the portal. Right?

1- Perkins
2- Tyson
3- Dia
4- Tucker
5- Hickman

Someone pointed out Malik Mack is Gtown/Md bound? Those five would be a home run in the portal. Right?
No, I’m not giving a dime. But a bunch of people have already donated and the chest is full.

and just because you say it's wrong, doesn't mean it is. You have to define why it's wrong in order to prove your point.

The entire premise of the game changing is because it has been wrong for decades and decades and those wrongs are now all being undone at one time. Therefore, to you, it feels wrong because it looks like the chaotic mess that it is. Had the NCAA not been a communist-like organization ruling with an iron fist over the previous 6 decades, there could've been a much smoother process to get where we are today. Money turned them evil and they convinced you so well that anything to the contrary is bad.....without even being able to define it.

The idea of how it was in the 1980's is how it should be today, is logic based on a faulty foundation of your own majestical thinking. Dig into it more and you will see that what you enjoyed was propped up with a fraudulent system because there was money to be had at the expense of others.
if they want to get paid let them get an agent and make their own deals. the universities should not be involved.

if they want to get paid let them get an agent and make their own deals. the universities should not be involved.
Yes, more red tape that no amount of oversight would be able to prevent. As we are witnessing. The University is still making boat loads of money off these kids so there is a lot at stake for them to be involved. NIL is a critical part of the recruiting process so iit just creates black market where slime ball coaches use loopholes to get around the rule. Whereas the good guys basically get punished. The university has to balance investment in sports in order to maximize their overall return which helps the education portion of the university. They can't have it both ways.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

1- Perkins
2- Tyson
3- Dia
4- Tucker
5- Hickman

One of the portal sites says JaKobi Gillespie is probably going to Maryland., fwiw.

They will be at some point. If the athletes get their way. Profit sharing. From some of the reports they will try to/use title IX. May I ask why you think universities shouldn’t be involved? This will end up ugly if they don’t do anything as we have seen with the NCAA ignoring it.

They will be at some point. If the athletes get their way. Profit sharing. From some of the reports they will try to/use title IX. May I ask why you think universities shouldn’t be involved? This will end up ugly if they don’t do anything as we have seen with the NCAA ignoring it.

Profit sharing?

Does that mean that athletes in sports that don't turn a profit will have to pay the school? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Hockey???
Hockey is generally the 3rd highest revenue sport in schools that have a D1 program. Seven B1G schools do (counting Notre Dame). I wish IU would build an ice arena and add a hockey program. Assembly Hall was originally designed for ice but RMK would not allow it (so I've heard).

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Where does it end? My grandsons play little league sports. They charge 10 bucks to get in. Shouldn't they be getting a cut of that action? Many high school games are televised. How about that?

Where does it end? My grandsons play little league sports. They charge 10 bucks to get in. Shouldn't they be getting a cut of that action? Many high school games are televised. How about that?
It ends with either congress granting the NCAA immunity from bullshit lawsuits or the elimination of collegiate athletics.

Reactions: kmathum
They charge parents to watch little league?!?!? That’s wild.

Reactions: IUbball_lifer
They charge parents to watch little league?!?!? That’s wild.
It's becoming a thing. Parents pay fees to have their kids play and then pay again to watch the games.

Youth sports groups have expenses. Use of facilities, uniforms, equipment, tournament entry fees etc. all have to be covered. But it does feel like nickle and dime stuff sometimes. I say just include it in the fees up front.

The argument is that grandparents, friends, etc. come to the games and if they pay something then the fees the parents pay to the club can be reduced or offset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanagh
It ends with either congress granting the NCAA immunity from bullshit lawsuits or the elimination of collegiate athletics.
A lot of people denigrate the NCAA but now since they've been pretty much rendered powerless we see the results. Chaos. A complete free for all.

As soon as the first university pays the first men's player there will be class action lawsuits from all the other athletes in non revenue sports, especially women's sports, demandinding equal treatment under title 9. And it will be a slam dunk win for the athletes, all the recent precedents support that type of decision.

Reactions: kmathum
As soon as the first university pays the first men's player there will be class action lawsuits from all the other athletes in non revenue sports, especially women's sports, demandinding equal treatment under title 9. And it will be a slam dunk win for the athletes, all the recent precedents support that type of decision.
I hate title 9

That’s what I’m saying. I believe there is one already. I believe Oregon volleyball team… I’ll have to look it up. They really need to be careful.

because it's now come down to schools buying a team

I know, UK and others have done it for years but now that just about anything goes.....

it's not the way it should be
it's also woodson's very binary approach to it all ... you know, the "buy a team" every year way that is just disgusting and should be, it just must end and why it hasn't is very concerning when there is money involved

it's also woodson's very binary approach to it all ... you know, the "buy a team" every year way that is just disgusting and should be, it just must end and why it hasn't is very concerning when there is money involved
All good players are going to need NIL $$$ now. It's not up to the coach, it's just the way it is. It's why Mack is transferring from Harvard, because they didn't set up a proper NIL collective.

Reactions: nichlee
I'm not against guys getting paid

and I think the NCAA is bunch of morons for letting things evolve into such a clusterfvck

I don't know what the answer is but guys commanding millions (while others get little or next to nothing) before they even step on the field is ridiculous
I keep hearing about the NCAA letting this happen which they did. However, I am curious to what amount people think they should have paid to appease the student-, ooops, athletes to make it appear substantial enough. $10,000? $20,000? $30,000 would be my thought. 30 grand for the two revenue sports would be 98 guys for football and basketball. Whatever the amount don't forget to take it to account it would have to be equitable for Title IX. That is close to $6 million per school. Probably near where we are now without the sh!t show, but not in most schools' budgets.

That’s what I’m saying. I believe there is one already. I believe Oregon volleyball team… I’ll have to look it up. They really need to be careful.
The Oregon beach volleyball lawsuit is about a team without any lockerroom , practice, or competition facilities being provided, for like a decade.

The Oregon beach volleyball lawsuit is about a team without any lockerroom , practice, or competition facilities being provided, for like a decade.
But they will use it. That’s what im saying. It’s also not 9-10 years old concern.

Last edited:
Anyone have player metrics for Gallo? Why should he not be a starter? I see energy, hustle, defense, and some ability to get shots when the "offense" breaks down. Kid was the only leader on the team this season.
Sixth man role not starter. Can’t have guards that are absolutely inconsistent and poor shooters

It could get worse. Dartmouth’s bball team’s unionization efforts supported by NLRB

Yeah, that will help out..... US steel industry, all jobs now overseas killed by unions; US garment industry all jobs overseas, killed by unions; US auto industry, 80% of US jobs now non-union, over half the jobs overseas, killed by unions. Even president Obama said all those manufacturing jobs the unions ran out of the country are never coming back. I guess basketball fans will have to start enjoying FIBA games.

Last edited:
Yeah, that will help out..... US steel industry, all jobs now overseas killed by unions; US garment industry all jobs overseas, killed by unions; US auto industry, 80% of US jobs now non-union, over half the jobs overseas, killed by unions. Even president Obama said all those manufacturing jobs the unions ran out of the country are never coming back. I guess basketball fans will have to start enjoying FIBA games.
The unions didn't run anything out of the country. Our beloved representatives encouraged it and stood by and let it happen. All the while getting a kick back (No doubt).Screw the American working man. All for the love of their own personal and corporate greed. Did you ever hear of NAFTA or the US, (namely Bill Clinton) sponsorship of China into the WTO?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT