ADVERTISEMENT

If this does not get your blood flowing for more IU basketball then I do not know what will!

Yes, a great read. A kid with his head screwed on straight. A real asset to IU basketball.
Thanks for posting the link.

He was all about himself...big difference
What made him all about himself? Was it Because he was working in the gym while his teammates were getting drunk and stoned? Was it because he led the conference in rebounding as a frosh? Was he all about himself when he played out of position all season?

It was sitting out a game so he would not hurt his draft status.
You don't know that was the case. That's just speculation that you wouldn't let fly if it was about your boy TC. With TC you expect proof, but not so much when it's the team whipping boy.

Pathetic

I know what your boy TC said about him :)

He was the hardest worker on that team
But you have no clue....you are nothing more than a
b9062e172a5257b9c52303df46b7e29a.jpg

You don't know that was the case. That's just speculation that you wouldn't let fly if it was about your boy TC. With TC you expect proof, but not so much when it's the team whipping boy.

Pathetic
Why do you and some other get so butt hurt when some one would actually disagree with your view point. Why are you so threatened if some disagrees with your view point on a topic. Just because you think you know all does not mean you are right on everything and people won't always agree with you

Reactions: becauseIknow
Why do you and some other get so butt hurt when some one would actually disagree with your view point. Why are you so threatened if some disagrees with your view point on a topic. Just because you think you know all does not mean you are right on everything and people won't always agree with you
You seem to be the butt hurt one. Pleas note....that it's not me going off on an Internet tantrum.....You are the one pissed off because I disagreed with you....You are the one making things personal

Pathetic

Another one of shirts one answer post bored?Shows his ignorance once again. Vonleh was very much about himself. No comparison between him and TB.

The biggest problem Vonleh had was Crean and the guards never learned that he was by far the best player on the team. He somehow still was a lottery pick so good for him.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins
Vonleh was lazy in the post. Struggled with his back to the basket. Would invariably drift to three point line.

Here we go, now with the "your boy TC" comments to any poster that dares not to agree with your myopic, hateful view.
There's no understanding for enabling continued mediocrity and lowered expectations. "Myopic, hateful". Lmao

Is it also a myth that no one on the team ever could execute an entry pass to his consistently? Somehow that was made to be his fault even though he constantly got good position on the block and called for the ball. The myth is that you have any real insight or understanding about basketball.
Takes two to tango...

Vonleh was lazy in the post. Struggled with his back to the basket. Would invariably drift to three point line.
So you're saying when he was playing a position that he wasn't recruited to play, he was uncomfortable?

So instead of thanking him for trying to do something he hadn't really done before, you criticize him for not being good at what he wasn't recruited to do...just when I think your posts couldn't get worse , smh

You will do this bs, and heap praise on the millionaire in charge who put him in that position...amazing, simply amazing

Reactions: hoosierdug
Really? How do you know this?
Easy - look at the stats.

Vonleh - who shot 52% from the field - took 33 three-pointers and hit 16 of them (48.5%). Yogi, meanwhile, took 4 more 3 pointers (220) than Noah did FG (216).

Yogi had 125 assists for the season, 3.9 per game - and had a big man inside that hit half his shots or better. Instead of getting the big man more shots, he jacked them up himself - taking nearly double the amount of shots Vonleh did (409-216).

No, the guards did not get Vonleh the ball down low nearly enough on offense.

Reactions: Shirtsandskins

He averaged 9 rebounds/game and 1.4 blocks--both better than Bryant; that doesn't seem too lazy. I don't recall any IU big men having a real back-to-the-basket post game in recent memory. That type of post play hasn't received much attention in Crean's dribble-drive, high ball screen, and three man weave offense.

He averaged 9 rebounds/game and 1.4 blocks--both better than Bryant; that doesn't seem too lazy. I don't recall any IU big men having a real back-to-the-basket post game in recent memory. That type of post play hasn't received much attention in Crean's dribble-drive, high ball screen, and three man weave offense.
Actually Bryant did

That's because he can't adapt and play/teach a different style that can be utilized when needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT