ADVERTISEMENT

If McGeese state could should IU would lose this game*

There is no #1 this year. If there ever was a year for a 16 seed to beat a 1, this is the year.

There is no #1 this year. If there ever was a year for a 16 seed to beat a 1, this is the year.
Yup ... basketball as a whole is down this season. There's no dominant teams this year.

...setting the table for Crean to survive yet again. The dude is charmed.

I could see it. We play what is arguably the most favorable conference schedule in Big Ten history. We could do 12-6 and win one game in the tourney. Fred will cite progress and give the Clapper another year.

I could see it. We play what is arguably the most favorable conference schedule in Big Ten history. We could do 12-6 and win one game in the tourney. Fred will cite progress and give the Clapper another year.
12-6 ??? Hahahahhaha...

9-9 at best. With a 4 game losing streak to close out the B1G.

Weeeeeeeeee !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: C-$ and mike41703
12-6 ??? Hahahahhaha...

Weeeeeeeeee !!!!

Dakich said it today during the Marquette/Wisky game: there may not even be 4 "good" teams in the B10 right now. You've got MSU, Maryland, Purdue (b/c of their size and defensive identity), then who else would you say as good? Iowa? Michigan if Lavert is carrying them maybe?

So they can still refuse to play defense for the next 3 months and it's still hard to see them not getting double-digit conference wins safely.

12-6 ??? Hahahahhaha...

Weeeeeeeeee !!!!

The Big Ten sucks this season, and we have an easy road on top of it. I could see 12-6, though more likely 11-7.

Bottom line is a top 4 finish guarantees that Crean will return. No way that jock sniffing Glass fires that clown.

The Big Ten sucks this season, and we have an easy road on top of it. I could see 12-6, though more likely 11-7.

Bottom line is a top 4 finish guarantees that Crean will return. No way that jock sniffing Glass fires that clown.
Um... we lost to wake and UNLV on neutral courts and struggled with st jonhs.

The B1G will take care of us.

9-9 at best. With an embarrassing loss to PU at home. And we finish the B1G with:

Purdue
at Illinois
at Iowa
Maryland

0-4.

Dont worry, plenty of losses on the way.

Reactions: mike41703
If the KenPom rankings are correct, we have a chance to win 12 or even 13 games, with 11 the most likely.

But KenPom is not correct. It's still dependent upon preseason rankings, and we're clearly not as good as we were made out to be. 9-9 sounds about right.

Reactions: mike41703
It's still dependent upon preseason rankings, and we're clearly not as good as we were made out to be.

Other than MSU and Purdue, what B10 team does that statement not apply to? This is why I still think they go 11-7, and that's really without a shred of optimism they'll be playing satisfactory basketball.

Other than MSU and Purdue, what B10 team does that statement not apply to? This is why I still think they go 11-7, and that's really without a shred of optimism they'll be playing satisfactory basketball.

God damn it.

I'm having a breakdown thinking of that clapping fvcktard on the sidelines next year.

I'm serious.

Reactions: sluggo69

A fourth place finish in Conference should guarantee the prompt removal of Tom as head coach. But we're talking about Indiana here so who knows.

But really, at this point, nothing should save him. It should be strikingly obvious to anyone paying attention that he is, at best, a marginal coaching talent. And he's never going to have the kind of sustained success that our fans are going to demand. His roster management and coaching style will never allow it.

People keep talking about the outcome of this year's season as we expect big things. And we should. And he's already failed to deliver. But what happens next year when we're projected to finish 7th in conference and end up like 9th...?

Because that's more likely to happen than not with this coach...on a year to year basis. Sure we might peak every fourth year or so where we finish 3rd or 4th because enough kids stayed past their sophomore year for us to have a semi experienced team. But really a cycle like that is what kills programs.

See Illinois. And Purdue.

That's what Tom Crean has turned Indiana into. One season at a time.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUecho87
A fourth place finish in Conference should guarantee the prompt removal of Tom as head coach. Bit we're talking about Indiana here so who knows.

But really, at this point, nothing should save him. It should be strikingly obvious to anyone paying attention that he is, at best, a marginal talent. And he's never going to have the kind of sustained success that our fans are going to demand. His roster management and coaching style will never allow it.

People keep talking about the outcome of this year's season as we expect big things. As we should. And he's already failed to deliver. But what happens next year when we're projected to finish 7th and end up like 9th...?

Because that's more likely to happen than not with this coach...on a year to year basis. Sure we might peak every fourth year or so where we finish 3rd or 4th because enough kids stayed past their sophomore year for us to have a semi experienced team. But really a cycle like that is what kills programs.

See Illinois. And Purdue.

That's what Tom Crean has turned Indiana into. One season at a time.

I don't disagree, but using the words "Indiana" and "should" in the same paragraph is the equivalent of dividing by zero.

Don't divide by zero.

ayxcb6.jpg

God damn it.

I'm having a breakdown thinking of that clapping fvcktard on the sidelines next year.

I'm serious.
Then you are far too invested in college basketball.

Either way, I don't really see how he's going to be back next year. He's totally lost the fan base.

Last edited:

Either way, I don't really see how he's going to be back next year. He's totally lost the fan base.

And booze.

And how can you not see it? It could absolutey happen.

It's possible for Crean to save his job. But an okay finish isn't one of them.

Fourth or better in conference and make it to the round of 32 and I think he's solid, assuming that he wants to stay. A Sweet 16 and he's untouchable regardless of conference finish.

But talk to me again after the Notre Dame game.

My wife and I grabbed some dinner at Nick's Sat night and caught the first 10mins of the game. Left shortly afterwards because we were bored outta our minds. Hell, I thought we'd have to wait on a spot........empty tables everywhere upstairs.

He's absolutely lost the fan base.....this year is his last.....Fred can't afford it.

Exactly what I have predicted. People are going to spend the rest of this year and next year waiting for IU to make a change. It won't happen. Meanwhile, we will endure 1,000 new posts on why Brad Steven will leave the Celtics and want to come coach for IU.

Imagine how angry this board will be if we make the 2017 NCAA tournament and Brad Stevens takes the Celtics to the playoffs.

Exactly what I have predicted. People are going to spend the rest of this year and next year waiting for IU to make a change. It won't happen. Meanwhile, we will endure 1,000 new posts on why Brad Steven will leave the Celtics and want to come coach for IU.

Imagine how angry this board will be if we make the 2017 NCAA tournament and Brad Stevens takes the Celtics to the playoffs.
Well, the Celtics are going to make the playoffs, and I think they could be as high as the 5th seed. The East is dreadful and his team has bought in. They play defense.

Competing for a conference title or a deep NCAA run (past the sweet 16) is the only thing that would save him imo.

The pics of the light crowd on the preimie of last nights game are pretty telling.
My wife and I grabbed some dinner at Nick's Sat night and caught the first 10mins of the game. Left shortly afterwards because we were bored outta our minds. Hell, I thought we'd have to wait on a spot........empty tables everywhere upstairs.

He's absolutely lost the fan base.....this year is his last.....Fred can't afford it.
Hope you're right. I took my 6 year old to the game. It was his first time on campus. We had a great time walking around campus but we only stayed for the first half of the game. The boy was toast and needed dinner so we took off after the trampoline act and went to Lennie's. It was a good choice. Solid IPAs and good calzones and pizza.

We stayed at the new Hyatt on Kirkwood across the street from Crazy Horse and th Irish Lion. I'd absolutely stay there again. Great location and a nice enough place. Getting back to Bloomington for a quick visit on a 70 degree day was great. Hopefully there will be a better basketball coach soon to make it even more worth while.

Hope you're right. I took my 6 year old to the game. It was his first time on campus. We had a great time walking around campus but we only stayed for the first half of the game. The boy was toast and needed dinner so we took off after the trampoline act and went to Lennie's. It was a good choice. Solid IPAs and good calzones and pizza.

We stayed at the new Hyatt on Kirkwood across the street from Crazy Horse and th Irish Lion. I'd absolutely stay there again. Great location and a nice enough place. Getting back to Bloomington for a quick visit on a 70 degree day was great. Hopefully there will be a better basketball coach soon to make it even more worth while.

Lennie's is a great place....haven't been there seen grad school. Love their chocolate stout.

You're right....couldn't of asked for a better day. Wife and I hit up Darn Good Soup on the square. I suggest the chicken tortilla soup....fantastic. The wife had the lentil and spinach.....she loved it. Wanted to try out The Tap on the corner....sat outside and we shared a couple flights. Try the Nefarious Nectar and the Bluebeard. Headed over to Oliver Winery and did what you're supposed to do there....then went to Nick's.

Great day!!.....other than watching the 10 mins of clown style basketball against high school competition.

Reactions: PtownHoosier

Fred doesn't care about the $100 donors sitting in the balcony.

The Maui and Duke performances, I think, are the end of it. Two monumental letdowns in front of the only people Glass values.

Lennie's is a great place....haven't been there seen grad school. Love their chocolate stout.

You're right....couldn't of asked for a better day. Wife and I hit up Darn Good Soup on the square. I suggest the chicken tortilla soup....fantastic. The wife had the lentil and spinach.....she loved it. Wanted to try out The Tap on the corner....sat outside and we shared a couple flights. Try the Nefarious Nectar and the Bluebeard. Headed over to Oliver Winery and did what you're supposed to do there....then went to Nick's.

Great day!!.....other than watching the 10 mins of clown style basketball against high school competition.
I really need to get back with my wife and friends sans kids. I would have loved to have hit up The Tap, which wasn't there the last time I was in Bloomington a couple years ago. I'd love to get back to Crazy Horse and Irish Lion, where I briefly worked, as well. The development in downtown Bloomington over the last few years is kind of amazing.

Still hoping for the L.

should say shoot*

So obviously it's not McNeese St, but what about ND? Haven't seen them play this year, but really like their PG from last year, is he playing well? They've beaten IL and IA, but lost a close one to Monmouth. I'm guessing they'll take us down. Anyone want to give a review of ND and predictions? Sorry for the bball post, but bball talk here is much better than the free bball forum.

So obviously it's not McNeese St, but what about ND? Haven't seen them play this year, but really like their PG from last year, is he playing well? They've beaten IL and IA, but lost a close one to Monmouth. I'm guessing they'll take us down. Anyone want to give a review of ND and predictions? Sorry for the bball post, but bball talk here is much better than the free bball forum.
ND doesn't really play defense either...should be a track meet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT