ADVERTISEMENT

If IU were to lose the next 8 games (which I think is extremely unlikely)

HKHoosier

All-Big Ten
Aug 31, 2001
I'd still be grateful to this team for playing some of the best basketball I've seen in years: the 18-point first half against OSU was amazing; and the 25-0 run against Michigan in the first half was awesome.

Of course, I'd be disappointed by every game this team loses, because it is clear that, if it put its mind to it, it has a chance to win any game it plays. But few teams, even Big Ten champions, have ever, in my recollection, given beatdowns to 4 Big Ten teams, even if they were the bottom echelon. Last year's Big Ten champions, Wisconsin, lost to Rutgers 67-62; trounced OSU 72-48; walloped Illinois 68-49; went to OT in Ann Arbor, finally winning 69-64; beat Northwestern 65-50. They also beat Purdue, twice, by 62-55 and by 20, 71-51; beat MSU twice: 68-61 and in OT 80-69.

Can this IU team do as well, or better? We have walloped more teams than Wisconsin did last year. The question is: can we win the close ones? Yes, we can: against Notre Dame, we were down 16 points in the second half, and won; Minnesota played us tough at AH before we won by 7. We almost won against Wisconsin, but were only able to take them to overtime before losing (and losing 3 starters to fouls).

I like what Juwan Morgan said after the Wisconsin OT loss: "I don't want to have that feeling again!" Neither do we, Juwan, neither do we.

Go Hoosiers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News