ADVERTISEMENT

I think AJ Hammons just swatted another

He's been awesome tonight. MVP of the NIT is within his reach

Unless the other teams have players taller than 6.8.

I think Yogi just got pushed down again.

If only Crean could coach guys to play defense, maybe we could have made it close enough for the bad officiating to matter.

Hammons was allowed to knock Hartmann around like a rag doll

He won't get that chance away from Mackie...

Re: Bad officiating? Nice whine!*

It was an observation, not a whine. If you read the message you might have seen I primarily blamed our defense. NICE TROLLING DOC!!

One thing he won't swat is another hit at the...

something lettuce? Keep trying to figure out why after 2 1/2 years he only cares in one game. Home vs IU. Kinda sad.

Bad officiating? LOL. I seem to recall IU having shot more FTs in first half than Purdue. Second half, Purdue had more but a chunk of those were end of game fouls. Even though 1 IU guy fouled out, Purdue had more guys in foul trouble. Clearly BAD officiating was the difference tonight.

Re: One thing he won't swat is another hit at the...

Originally posted by Tony20:
something lettuce? Keep trying to figure out why after 2 1/2 years he only cares in one game. Home vs IU. Kinda sad.
I wouldn't expect you to notice, but this is a totally different AJ this year. He had a great game tonight, but he has had better stat lines against other teams this year. Back up statements with facts, unless you want to look stupid.

12 and 7 vs Gardner Webb....8 and 7 vs Illinois...

sounds like 1st round material.

Re: 12 and 7 vs Gardner Webb....8 and 7 vs Illinois...

Originally posted by Tony20:
sounds like 1st round material.
He's not a first rounder at all. Most Purdue fans will admit that. Unless he goes to Europe after this season most expect him to be back next season. His numbers have never been the greatest, but up until recently he has been splitting time with Haas, something he never had to do before. He has had quite a few double-doubles in B1G play though. Can't deny that.

IU actually had two guys foul out...

Poor officiating usually shows itself in the calls that are not made, more than the ones that are. Credit PU for being very physical with our guards, they knew they'd get away with it so they went for it.

PU is not a finesse team, they hack, smack, grab and push, as long as it's not being called, I wouldn't stop doing it either.

Watch the game and how Hammons was allowed to use his forearm to knock Hartman out of the way, most nights, that's an offensive foul.

Congrats on your superbowl win, IU is not likely to shoot so poorly next time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT