ADVERTISEMENT

I played golf at Timbergate with my buddies this afternoon and it was brutal. The wind was close to 30

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
miles per hour with gusts closer to 40 mph. The temperature also dropped during our round.

Normally, I hate to hit into the wind. However, it was worse for me when the wind was blowing right to left. At least twice I hit fairway wood shots that began down the middle of the fairway and then made close to a 90 degree turn to the left.

Because of the strong winds, I shot a 48 on the front nine. I shot a 43 on the back nine because the winds seemed to be at our backs most of the time instead of in our faces or sideways.

The winds didn't just affect us. Our opponents won the front nine, but we won the back nine and total. They also said the winds were brutal this afternoon.

At least I had fun today. I had three of my friends as teammates and we had a blast making fun of each other.

Reactions: Brockway
miles per hour with gusts closer to 40 mph. The temperature also dropped during our round.

Normally, I hate to hit into the wind. However, it was worse for me when the wind was blowing right to left. At least twice I hit fairway wood shots that began down the middle of the fairway and then made close to a 90 degree turn to the left.

Because of the strong winds, I shot a 48 on the front nine. I shot a 43 on the back nine because the winds seemed to be at our backs most of the time instead of in our faces or sideways.

The winds didn't just affect us. Our opponents won the front nine, but we won the back nine and total. They also said the winds were brutal this afternoon.

At least I had fun today. I had three of my friends as teammates and we had a blast making fun of each other.
I love playing that course. I am a member at the Pfau so I play there a lot but we try to get to Edinburg a couple time a year. Nice course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT